Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Category - Electric Motor Systems Category - Memory & Storage
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Access Control & Fire (130)
- Advertising (362)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (168)
- Cinema (738)
- Cloud & Data Center (278)
- Consumer Electronics (1534)
- Critical Communications (31)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (79)
- Digital Media (1856)
- Digital Signage (25)
- Discrete & Process Automation (104)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (1533)
- Display Materials & Components (74)
- Electric Motor Systems (87)
- Enterprise IT Security (39)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (300)
- Games (872)
- Healthcare IT (49)
- Industrial IoT, Software & Communications (48)
- Large Displays (1643)
- Lighting (93)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (287)
- Managed Services (63)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (228)
- Memory & Storage (218)
- MEMS & Sensors (59)
- Mobile Devices (1165)
- Mobile Innovation (3698)
- Mobile Networks (499)
- Operators & Services (4731)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (72)
- Semiconductor Components (471)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (20)
- Semiconductor Market (569)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (1999)
- Small & Medium Displays (1608)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (53)
- Smart Cities (57)
- Smart Home & Appliances (960)
- Smart Utilities Infrastructure (63)
- Touch & Interface (60)
- Transformative Technologies (62)
- TV Media & Content (2424)
- Video (1172)
- Video Surveillance (79)
- Alex West (3)
- Alexander Bourgeois (1)
- Chris Welch (1)
- Christopher Morris (1)
- Clifford Leimbach (1)
- Craig Stice (2)
- Dinesh Kithany (1)
- Ivan Campos (4)
- Jason dePreaux (1)
- Jessica Nian (4)
- Joanne Goh (10)
- Kevin Schiller (7)
- Len Jelinek (1)
- Lisa Wang (2)
- Peter Taylor (4)
- Preston Reine (8)
- Rolando Campos (5)
- Susanne Cumberland (1)
- Syed Mohsin Ali (4)
- Teik Chuan Goh (4)
- Tom Morrod (1)
- Wilmer Zhou (4)
- Yogita Kanesin (1)
- Date Published
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (1)
- COVID-19 (7)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- Discrete Machine Safety Components Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (114)
- Gearboxes & Geared Motors Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Home Appliance Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial IoT Intelligence Service (3)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (2)
- Linear Motion Intelligence Service - Annual (5)
- Low Voltage Drives Intelligence Service (12)
- Low Voltage Drives Intelligence Service - Americas (7)
- Low Voltage Drives Intelligence Service - Asia-Pacific (7)
- Low Voltage Drives Intelligence Service - EMEA (7)
- Low Voltage Drives Intelligence Service for Bonfiglioli Riduttori Spa - Extract (4)
- Low Voltage Motors Intelligence Service - Annual (10)
- Manufacturing Technology Vertical Intelligence Service (1)
- Mechanical Components Research Package (2)
- Medium Voltage Drives Intelligence Service (9)
- Medium Voltage Drives Intelligence Service - Americas (3)
- Medium Voltage Drives Intelligence Service - Asia-Pacific (3)
- Medium Voltage Drives Intelligence Service - EMEA (3)
- Medium Voltage Motors Intelligence Service - Annual (6)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (54)
- Motion Control Intelligence Service - Annual (7)
- Motor-driven Equipment Research Package (4)
- Motors & Drives Vertical Application Intelligence Service (13)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (56)
- OEM Semiconductor Spending & Design Activity Intelligence Service (1)
- Outsourced Manufacturing Intelligence Service (1)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Processors Intelligence Service (2)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Smart Home Services & Subscribers Intelligence Service (1)
- SSD and HDD Storage Intelligence Service (46)
- Supply Chain Inventory Intelligence Service (1)
- Switchgear Research Package (1)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (1)
COVID-19: Motors and Drives Market Braced for ImpactMay 12, 2020Although the effects of COVID-19 on the industrial automation equipment market were not obvious in the first quarter of this year, it seems that the worst is yet to come. Looking specifically at motors and drives, end users across all industries have put orders on hold and reduced investments in new equipment. Some industries like food & beverage and other consumer-driven applications have remained unaffected, but the main takeaway is that the impact of COVID-19 on the motor and drive markets has been quite detrimental.
Low-voltage drives market - every challenge is an opportunityMay 04, 2020The global low-voltage (LV) drive market was sluggish in 2019 after a 5% growth in 2018 over 2017. The slowdown in the LV drive market was due to trade and political uncertainties, with an expectation of recovery toward the end of 2019 or the beginning of 2020. However, this optimism was wiped out by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic and the crash in global oil prices in April 2020.
AGVs boosted as COVID-19 drives future demand for smart logisticsApril 22, 2020The pace of intelligent manufacturing and flexible production is designed to take reliance away from the labor workforce. Omdia predicts that machinery production of AGV robots will grow by 8.2% CAGR over the next four years to $1.3 billion by 2024.Subscribers Only
Covid-19 fears lead to contraction in the American motion controls marketMarch 26, 2020Mass consumer spending in the US will be affected, business investment will be delayed, and the motion controls market is estimated to show a significant contraction in Q3 2020 as a result.
Key takeaways from AHR Expo 2020 underscore ongoing significance of IIoT for HVACR industryMarch 11, 2020At the recent 2020 AHR Expo in Orlando, Florida, Omdia analysts were among more than 50,000 attendees and 1,900 exhibiting companies attending the show. The world’s largest event on heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR), the Expo attracts OEMs, engineers, contractors, facility operators, architects, educators, and industry professionals from around the globe to share ideas and to showcase the future of HVACR technology.
China’s coronavirus brings challenges and opportunitiesMarch 02, 20202020 was expected to be the year of recovery but the coronavirus outbreak, which threatens on a global level, has hindered the recovery in China's motion controls market.
The factory of the world is ill: Coronavirus in China disrupts production and supply chains around the worldFebruary 13, 2020Already forecast to be on a slow road to recovery this year, machinery production and component manufacturing will suffer a further setback as the human toll rises and factories shut down from the dangerous coronavirus outbreak in China. The city of Wuhan, a major manufacturing hub and the largest metropolis in central China with a population of 11 million, is at the epicenter of the occurrence.
Medium voltage drives market headed for steady growth despite softer discrete marketsFebruary 12, 2020Following is information and insight from the Medium Voltage Drives Report – 2019.Subscribers Only
Trending: Onshoring electric motor production supports demand for EVs and HEVsOctober 11, 2019Half a decade ago the production of traction motors for electric and hybrid-electric vehicles was concentrated in the home location of the Automotive OEM. This was simply because the demand for EV/HEVs was not worth the investment of building new facilities close to the demand location. However, the rapid growth in demand for EVs in the recent years is gradually influencing the supply chain, companies’ business models, and encouraging more collaboration and joint ventures in the automotive industry. In the Chinese market, joint ventures between traditionally large western OEMs who wish to enter the Chinese market and local vendors are becoming more commonplace. The most recent announcement was in August 2019 about the joint venture between Nidec – a Japanese electric motor company – and GAC Motor – a Chinese vehicle manufacturer – to produce traction motors.
Medium-voltage motor market posts strong performance despite global economic uncertaintyAugust 01, 2019Global revenue for the medium-voltage (MV) motor market reached $4.6 billion in 2018, rising 3.3 percent from 2017.
Global semiconductor revenue dips as the chip industry wrestles with myriad challengesJuly 31, 2019Battling economic headwinds and debilitated markets, the semiconductor industry saw revenue worldwide decline by the double digits percentage-wise in the first quarter of 2019, with the outlook for the rest of the year looking equally discouraging.
Industrial automation equipment market to post slower growth in 2019July 30, 2019The combined effects of a slowdown in the world economy, machinery production, and capital expenditure will depress growth this year in the global market for industrial automation equipment (IAE), shaving at least 1.5 percentage points of growth when the year ends compared to 2018 levels.
Where are the opportunities for non-leading safety suppliers amid the global economic slowdown?June 28, 2019The global economic slowdown represents a turning point wherein many non-leading suppliers can target more high-end products and solutions to build better brand images.
At CERAWeek 2019, technology and energy continue to coalesce in force and presenceApril 04, 2019The interrelation of energy and technology is not new. However, CERAWeek seems primed to be at the nexus of these two disciplines in the future. I expect the increased presence of technology companies at future conferences, an even larger Agora, and a sharpened focus on transformational technologies like cloud services, IoT, AI, and robotics. This is true especially as cloud giants look to more fully penetrate markets beyond consumer and enterprise.
Machinery production revenue growth rate in China will reach a low point of 1.4% percent in 2019March 05, 2019China's machinery production is facing tremendous downward pressure from slowing investment, slower growth in downstream industries and the Sino-US trade war, which will continue into 2019.
Global market for integrated motors and machine-mounted drives to reach $1.4 billion by 2022January 31, 2019Global market for integrated motors and machine-mounted drives to reach $1.4 billion by 2022
The importance of embedded security grows in connected microcontrollersJanuary 18, 2019The year of 2018 has been one of the worst to date in terms of both number of security breaches and the number of records that have been exposed.
EU CO2 emission standard - New challenges ahead for automotive electric motor marketJanuary 08, 2019On 17 December 2018, the European Parliament and European Council reached an agreement on the next round of targets for carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions for passenger cars and light commercial vehicles (LCVs) in the European Union (EU), which set a target to reduce CO2 by 37.5% by 2030, from 2021 targets. For LCVs, the targeted reduction by 2030 has been set at 31%. Both types of vehicles will be subject to an interim CO2 reduction target of 15% by 2025.
Low-voltage motors in process industry markets up 4 percent in 2017December 21, 2018The low-voltage motor market contracted in 2016. Process industries were hit the hardest, largely due to depressed oil prices and oversupply concerns in the projects business. In 2017 the market experienced a recovery, and the process industries experienced the strongest upswing, especially the oil and gas sector. The top process industries grew at a faster rate than the top discrete industries in 2017, and this trend continued in 2018, according to the “Low Voltage Motors Report” from IHS Markit.
Global Oil and gas CAPEX spending bolsters the market for medium-voltage motorsNovember 16, 2018In recent years, the medium-voltage (MV) motor market has contracted due to the oil and gas crisis that lowered oil prices, which resulted in curtailed investment in MV motors globally. However, going forward this trend is forecast to begin reversing. As prices for oil and gas rise in 2018 and 2019 to levels more in line with their historical averages, pent-up capital expenditure (CAPEX) is expected to return, which will lead to higher demand for MV motors across all regions. This spending will result in a boon to industries adjacent to oil and gas operations as well and will result in manufacturers expanding the capabilities of their motors in order to meet demand.