Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Analyst - Cormac Gilligan Analyst - David Green Service - Smart Utility Meter Intelligence Service
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Industrial IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Low Voltage Motors Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- Smart Utility Meter Intelligence Service (10)
- Video Surveillance & Analytics Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Video Surveillance & Analytics Intelligence Service - Annual - Premium (2)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - 2014-2015 (2)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Americas - 2014-2015 (1)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Americas - 2015-2016 (1)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Asia-Pacific (1)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - China - 2014-2015 (1)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - China - 2015-2016 (1)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - EMEA - 2014-2015 (1)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - EMEA - 2015-2016 (1)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service for SanDisk - Mar 2015 - Extract (2)
- Wireless Power Intelligence Service (25)
COVID-19 Impact on Smart Metering – June UpdateJune 19, 2020An update to the COVID-19 impact on smart metering markets from the Omdia Smart Utilities Infrastructure team.Subscribers Only
Gas meter growth exceeds expectation in 2018October 14, 2019Over 53 million gas meters were shipped worldwide during 2018, with global growth being driven by large-scale rollouts in multiple key markets.
From Legislation to Grid Evolution – What next for AMI?July 23, 2019The electricity meter market continues the journey towards advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), with 109 million communicating meters shipping globally in 2018.
Energy efficiency in industry: Different approaches for the same goalsMarch 08, 2019There are a wide variety of initiatives, policies and mandates around the world designed to promote energy efficiency. However, energy efficiency strategies and investments vary depending on the industry, but the goal of reducing energy use and costs remains the same.Subscribers Only
PV inverter and smart-meter suppliers race to develop and launch digital energy solutionsFebruary 13, 2019Highlights • In recent years, smart meter and photovoltaic (PV) inverter suppliers involved in the new energy transition have been rapidly developing new internet of things (IoT) software platforms to create new revenue sources. • Within smart metering, a key indicator for IoT adoption is advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) – over 80 percent of the communicating meters forecast to be shipped in 2019 will be enabled with AMI solutions. • More than 11 million PV inverters will be shipped in 2019 alone, most will be connected to a software platform and controlled by the inverter companies.
Managed services are making waves in the smart water meter marketMay 17, 2018Changing business models and 'as a Service' offerings will help drive over $0.5 billion of new smart meter data-related spending from water utilities before the end of 2023. New research from IHS Markit shows where the trend for managed services is heading in the water utility market.
The tipping point approaches for SaaS in electric smart meteringApril 05, 2018Electric utilities are one of the leading industries in adoption of IoT, a trend set to only increase as the power of “Software as a Service” offerings are on the rise.
Smart metering shows the way forwards for IoT adoptionMarch 15, 2018A paradox exists within the electric utility industry - vendors and utilities are uncertain about making clear decision for their ‘IoT strategy’, yet almost 900 million smart electricity meters will ship from 2016 to 2023. In reality, smart meters are IoT devices and electric utilities worldwide are some of the leading adopters of IoT technology in any industry.
Smart Grid Software and DERMS Steal the Show: Highlights from Distributech 2018January 31, 2018Distributech 2018 was held this year in San Antonio, Texas from January 23rd -25th, where IHS Markit analysts Camron Barati, David Green, and Thomas Frashier were on site across the three days to meet with thought leaders and cover the latest technology trends in utilities.
Software and services take centre stage at European Utility Week 2016November 22, 2016For three days in November, the industry converged in Barcelona for European Utility Week (EUW). A team of IHS Markit analysts were also present, to cover the most up to date information as everyone looks to the future of the utility and energy markets.