Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Press Releases Category - Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain Category - Electric Motor Systems Category - Semiconductor Components
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Building, Home & City Technology (1)
- Displays (84)
- Enterprise & IT (11)
- Healthcare Technology (4)
- Manufacturing Technology (6)
- Media & Advertising (2)
- Mobile & Telecom (21)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (191)
- Power & Energy Technology (10)
- Security Technology (3)
- Semiconductors (226)
- Transformative Technologies (1)
- Access Control & Fire (43)
- Advertising (26)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (31)
- Cinema (8)
- Cloud & Data Center (99)
- Consumer Electronics (318)
- Critical Communications (11)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (24)
- Digital Media (45)
- Digital Signage (10)
- Discrete & Process Automation (11)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (67)
- Display Materials & Components (70)
- Electric Motor Systems (4)
- Enterprise IT Security (12)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (138)
- Games (11)
- Healthcare IT (2)
- Industrial IoT, Software & Communications (2)
- Large Displays (113)
- Lighting (18)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (38)
- Managed Services (9)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (36)
- Memory & Storage (161)
- MEMS & Sensors (46)
- Mobile Devices (231)
- Mobile Innovation (35)
- Mobile Networks (100)
- Operators & Services (48)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (38)
- Semiconductor Components (225)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (18)
- Semiconductor Market (97)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (28)
- Small & Medium Displays (143)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (3)
- Smart Cities (1)
- Smart Home & Appliances (77)
- Smart Utilities Infrastructure (29)
- Touch & Interface (38)
- Transformative Technologies (25)
- TV Media & Content (71)
- Video (24)
- Video Surveillance (23)
- Alex Kang (4)
- Charles Annis (8)
- Chase Li (2)
- Clifford Grossner (1)
- Craig Stice (2)
- Daniel Simmons (1)
- David Hsieh (9)
- Deborah Yang (5)
- Gerrit Schneemann (1)
- Hiroshi Hayase (2)
- Jack Kent (2)
- Jason Hsu (1)
- Jerry Kang (12)
- Jimmy Kim, Ph.D. (2)
- Ken Park (1)
- Kevin Anderson (2)
- Len Jelinek (3)
- Linda Lin (1)
- Luca De Ambroggi (1)
- Mark Watson (1)
- Michael Yang (1)
- Myson Robles-Bruce (1)
- Noman Akhtar (1)
- Paul Gagnon (2)
- Randy Lawson (5)
- Richard Eden (3)
- Ricky Park (6)
- Robin Wu (1)
- Sanju Khatri (1)
- Shane Walker (2)
- Stacy Wu (1)
- Tadashi Uno (2)
- Tom Hackenberg (1)
- Vincent Leung (1)
- Wayne Lam (17)
- William Kidd (3)
- Date Published
- AMOLED and LCD Supply Demand & Equipment Intelligence Service (2)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (2)
- COVID-19 (3)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (4)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service (1)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (163)
- LED Intelligence Service (3)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (163)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (2)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (12)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (3)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (163)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (163)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (163)
- Tablet and Notebook Display & OEM Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (163)
COVID-19 decimates automotive power semiconductor revenue in 2020June 04, 2020The COVID-19 pandemic is wreaking havoc on sales of automotive power semiconductors, with falling demand for motor vehicles causing global market revenue to decline by 16 percent in 2020.
Large-area FPD panel availability set to tighten significantly in 2021May 11, 2020From 2013 through 2020 worldwide flat panel display (FPD) capacity grew almost 50 percent, expanding to 335 million square meters per year, up from 225 million. The continuous build-out of new factories in China, including multiple enormous Gen 10.5 lines, drove the FPD industry to an unusually high average capacity glut of 13.6 percent in 2019.
Omdia slashes 2020 semiconductor growth forecast amid coronavirus falloutApril 23, 2020The worldwide semiconductor market now is expected to decline by 5 percent in 2020, excluding memory ICs, according to the Omdia Application Market Forecast Tool (AMFT) report. With memory included, global revenue for the overall market will total $439.3 billion in 2020, up 2.5 percent from $428.5 billion in 2019. This is a significant reduction from the previous Omdia forecast of 5.5 percent growth for this year.
Power semiconductor market set for 6.9 percent decline in 2020 as coronavirus ravages the smartphone and automotive segmentsApril 23, 2020Omdia now forecasts that the overall power semiconductor market will undergo a 6.9 percent decline in 2020, with revenue falling to $43.1 billion in 2020, down from $46.3 billion in 2019. The power semiconductor market consists of three segments: power integrated circuits (ICs), power discretes and power modules.
Flat panel display market set for unprecedented 11.1 percent decline in 2020April 09, 2020FPD shipments are set to total 3.2 billion units in 2020, down from 3.6 billion in 2019. The market has been undergoing low-single-digit increases and decreases since the financial crisis in the second half of 2008 caused shipments to drop by 8.8 percent in 2009.
Coronavirus may force TV makers to cut panel demand in Q2March 19, 2020Television makers that had been planning to significantly boost their display panel purchasing in the second quarter now may be forced to curb their ambitions as concerns rise over a potential coronavirus-driven recession.
Omdia announces analyst briefing and roundtable discussions at Embedded World 2020February 18, 2020During the upcoming Embedded World 2020 trade show in Nuremberg, Germany, global technology research powerhouse Omdia will host an analyst briefing.
Introducing Omdia: Informa Tech launches new research powerhouse following acquisition of the majority of IHS Markit’s technology, media and telecommunications research business to connect the dots for customers across the tech industryOmdia will replace all existing brands within Informa Tech’s research businesses, including Ovum, Heavy Reading and Tractica.February 05, 2020Informa Tech today announces the forthcoming launch of a new technology research powerhouse, Omdia, on Feb. 20, 2020.
Coronavirus disrupts display panel production in China, spurring supply shortfalls and rising pricesJanuary 31, 2020The escalating coronavirus crisis is impacting production at display panel factories located in the semi-quarantined city of Wuhan, China, spurring a significant near-term reduction in the global supply of panels.
Flat panel display area demand comes roaring back to robust growth, with a 9.1 percent expansion expected in 2020December 19, 2019Following weak sales growth in 2019, global demand for flat panel displays is expected to increase by a robust 9.1 percent to reach 245 million square meters in 2020, up from 224 million in 2019.
Despite ever-increasing foreign competition, Japanese flat panel display equipment makers retain global leadershipDecember 10, 2019Japanese suppliers accounted for more than 50 percent of global FPD equipment revenue over the three year period of 2017 through 2019, according to IHS Markit | Technology, now a part of Informa Tech.
Nearly 77 percent of notebook displays meet Ultrabook requirements in 2019September 09, 2019Ultra-slim panels suitable for use in Ultrabooks have taken the notebook PC market by storm, with the thin display type accounting for nearly 77 percent of notebook PC display shipments in 2019.
Non-optical isolation sales keep growingAugust 28, 2019Non-optical revenue has grown significantly larger over the years, expanding to $343 million in 2018. By 2024, this revenue is forecast to more than double, reaching $767 million.
Display panel suppliers’ fab utilization slightly increases in anticipation of demand recovery, but rates remain lower than last yearAugust 06, 2019Amid expectations of new demand growth due to the imminent arrival of the peak sales season, global display panel suppliers plan to increase their fab utilization rates slightly.
IHS Markit lowers 2019 flat panel demand growth forecast by 2.1 percentage pointsJuly 22, 2019IHS Markit has reduced its 2019 demand forecast for flat panel display area shipments by 2.1 percentage points, with the shipment forecast trimmed to 227 million square meters, down from the previous outlook of 232 million.
Impacts of Japan’s export curb against South KoreaIHS Markit expertsJuly 14, 2019On July 1, Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry announced that it will restrict export of fluorinated polyimide, resist and hydrogen fluoride, which are used for semiconductor and display production, and their relevant technologies to South Korea.
Inkjet OLED Technology on the Verge of Mass Production, with Capacity Set to Rise 12-Fold from 2020 to 2024June 27, 2019Inkjet-printed (IJP) organic light emitting diode (OLED) display technology is set to enter mass production next year, with capacity set to rise as much as 12-fold from 2020 through 2024.
Impressive Data Speed Gains Put Chicago in a Promising Position as 5G Nears, IHS Markit RevealsJune 11, 2019Chicago made news as one of the first 5G-enabled cities in the world when Verizon launched its service in April. But even the best and fastest 5G service won’t be available at all times, for all users.
US-China Trade Disputes Prompt TV Makers to Cut Display Panel Demand, IHS Markit SaysMay 29, 2019Amid rising concerns over the intensifying trade war between the U.S. and China, South Korean and Chinese TV makers are cutting panel orders in the second quarter, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.