Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (10)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (5)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (6)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (2)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (6)
- Entertainment & Video KPIs Intelligence Service (4)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (4)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (2)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (1)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (6)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (6)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (3)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (1)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (3)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (3)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (3)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (1)
Telstra raises stake in Ooyala to 98 per centAugust 12, 2014Australian telco Telstra has purchased a further 75 per cent stake in online video platform (OVP) Ooyala for $270m
Netflix goes Ultra High DefinitionApril 09, 2014Netflix has started streaming content in Ultra HD (UHD), branded as Ultra HD 4K. UHD is approximately 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Netflix is streaming UHD content as its highest bandwidth profile at 15.6 Mbps, referenced on Netflix’s in-app player as 2160 HD. UHD streaming has currently only been rolled out for House of Cards season two. The video stream is compressed using next generation h.265/HEVC, therefore requiring both an HEVC decoder, as well as an updated version of Netflix’s client player. Netflix UHD clients are already embedded on UHD TVs offered by LG, Samsung, Sony and Vizio.
Verizon acquires EdgeCastDecember 13, 2013Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS), the managed service arm of US Telco Verizon, has acquired content delivery network (CDN) provider EdgeCast for $350 million. EdgeCast provides accelerated content...
Arqiva up for saleOctober 09, 2013Macquarie European Infrastructure Funds (MEIF), managed by Australian finance group Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA), is to put its 25 per cent stake in UK managed service provider Arqiva...
Ericsson's acquisition of Microsoft MediaroomApril 21, 2013Telecommunications solutions provider Ericsson is to acquire Microsoft's Mediaroom IPTV Middleware business. Mediaroom is an IPTV software platform that includes the entire set-top box software stack and also related software that...
SES demo first HEVC Ultra HD broadcastApril 19, 2013On 19th April 2013, satellite operator SES demonstrated the first broadcast of Ultra High Definition (UHD) television using the High-Efficiency Video Codec (HEVC). The demonstration used an Astra Satellite at...