Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Consumer Electronics (11)
- Digital Media (7)
- Managed Services (10)
- Mobile Devices (9)
- Mobile Innovation (4)
- Mobile Networks (3)
- Operators & Services (3)
- Semiconductor Components (1)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (1)
- Semiconductor Market (2)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (9)
- Smart Home & Appliances (10)
- TV Media & Content (12)
- Abel Nevarez (1)
- Daniel Simmons (2)
- David Hancock (2)
- David Scott (1)
- Gerrit Schneemann (1)
- Irina Kornilova (1)
- Jack Kent (7)
- James Allison (4)
- John Kendall (1)
- Julian Watson (1)
- Merrick Kingston (1)
- Paul Erickson (1)
- Randy Lawson (1)
- Shane Walker (1)
- Stelios Kotakis (9)
- Tim Westcott (1)
- Tom Morrod (13)
- Wayne Lam (2)
- Date Published
- Advertising Intelligence Service (3)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (106)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (19)
- Cinema Intelligence Service (4)
- Cinema Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (47)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (4)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (11)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (48)
- Entertainment & Video KPIs Intelligence Service (19)
- Games Intelligence Service (1)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (26)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (2)
- MENA Media and Telecoms Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile PC Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (10)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (11)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (18)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (2)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (24)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (22)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (4)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (7)
- Video Media Intelligence Service (6)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (5)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (5)
Colt Group reports modest Q1 2014 growthApril 23, 2014Colt Group revenues for the first 3 months of 2014 were €399.8 million (Q1 2013: €392.1 million) and EBITDA of €74.1 million (Q1 2013: €80.5 million). Capital expenditure for the first quarter of 2014 decreased to €74.5 million. As for Colt’s business line results, Network Services and Voice Services revenues were relatively flat, while Data Centre Services revenue grew 8% (Q1 2013 declined 3.4%) and IT Services revenue grew 15% (Q1 2013 grew 4.3%). Colt provides communications and media managed services, predominantly for banks and telecommunications companies in Europe.
Harris Broadcast splits into Imagine Communications and GatesAirMarch 20, 2014Professional broadcast equipment provider Harris Broadcast will divide into two brand new corporate entities, Imagine Communications and GatesAir. Imagine Communications will provide solutions for delivering and monetizing multiscreen content while GatesAir will focus on TV and radio over-the-air market.
TiVo to acquire DigitalsmithsMarch 03, 2014Set-top box (STB) and middleware vendor TiVo is to acquire Digitalsmiths, a search and recommendation engine company for $135m in cash, in a transaction expected to be completed during Q1 of 2015. The acquisition is likely to serve several strategic purposes for TiVo...
Belden acquires Grass ValleyFebruary 14, 2014Belden, a signal transmission solutions provider, has submitted a binding offer to acquire privately held Grass Valley, a specialist in TV-broadcast equipment, for $220 million. The offer is ...
IBM set to acquire AsperaJanuary 02, 2014IBM, the US based multinational technology corporation, has agreed to purchase file transfer software firm Aspera for an undisclosed fee. Aspera's software provides accelerated transfer speed for almost any file size, regardless the distance or network conditions, and has more than 18,000 active software licenses and over 2,000 customers worldwide. IBM offers several relevant services and products at the moment that vary within its Managed File Transfer suite.Subscribers Only
Yahoo acquires PeerCDNDecember 19, 2013Yahoo, the multinational internet corporation, purchased content delivery network (CDN) provider startup PeerCDN for an undisclosed fee. PeerCDN has been working on delivery processes that charge the website...Subscribers Only
Verizon acquires EdgeCastDecember 13, 2013Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS), the managed service arm of US Telco Verizon, has acquired content delivery network (CDN) provider EdgeCast for $350 million. EdgeCast provides accelerated content...
Verizon acquired upLynk to enchance its cloud video servicesNovember 19, 2013Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS), the managed service arm of US telco Verizon, recently acquired multiscreen start-up upLynk for an undisclosed fee.
Arqiva up for saleOctober 09, 2013Macquarie European Infrastructure Funds (MEIF), managed by Australian finance group Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA), is to put its 25 per cent stake in UK managed service provider Arqiva...
BBC iPlayer consumption sees tablets edge ahead of smartphones, both categories remain keyApril 23, 2013BBC iPlayer usage in the UK via tablets was higher than it was via mobile phones for the first time ever in March 2013. Collectively, tablets and mobile devices made up around 30 per cent of all iPlayer...
Ericsson's acquisition of Microsoft MediaroomApril 21, 2013Telecommunications solutions provider Ericsson is to acquire Microsoft's Mediaroom IPTV Middleware business. Mediaroom is an IPTV software platform that includes the entire set-top box software stack and also related software that...
ViXS Demonstrates First HEVC TranscoderFebruary 14, 2013ViXS has demonstrated a new 6-transcode multimedia home gateway system-on-chip (SoC) that supports both decode and encode for HEVC. While ViXS has 6-transcode semiconductors already in-market, the HEVC...