Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Press Releases Category - Mobile Innovation Category - TV Media & Content
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Building, Home & City Technology (1)
- Displays (1)
- Enterprise & IT (8)
- Healthcare Technology (1)
- Manufacturing Technology (2)
- Media & Advertising (72)
- Mobile & Telecom (43)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (23)
- Power & Energy Technology (1)
- Security Technology (2)
- Semiconductors (6)
- Transformative Technologies (5)
- Access Control & Fire (43)
- Advertising (26)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (31)
- Cinema (8)
- Cloud & Data Center (104)
- Consumer Electronics (318)
- Critical Communications (11)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (24)
- Digital Media (45)
- Digital Signage (10)
- Discrete & Process Automation (11)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (69)
- Display Materials & Components (70)
- Electric Motor Systems (4)
- Enterprise IT Security (13)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (139)
- Games (11)
- Healthcare IT (2)
- Industrial IoT, Software & Communications (2)
- Large Displays (113)
- Lighting (18)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (39)
- Managed Services (9)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (36)
- Memory & Storage (161)
- MEMS & Sensors (46)
- Mobile Devices (232)
- Mobile Innovation (35)
- Mobile Networks (100)
- Operators & Services (48)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (38)
- Semiconductor Components (225)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (18)
- Semiconductor Market (98)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (28)
- Small & Medium Displays (143)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (3)
- Smart Cities (1)
- Smart Home & Appliances (77)
- Smart Utilities Infrastructure (29)
- Touch & Interface (38)
- Transformative Technologies (26)
- TV Media & Content (72)
- Video (24)
- Video Surveillance (23)
- Aled Evans (1)
- Alzbeta Fellenbaum (1)
- Bing Zhang (1)
- Blake Kozak (1)
- Constantinos Papavassilopoulos (3)
- Daniel Simmons (2)
- Daniel Stevenson Sutton (1)
- Erik Brannon (8)
- Fateha Begum (6)
- Gerrit Schneemann (2)
- Harold Vargas (2)
- Irina Kornilova (2)
- Jack Kent (2)
- James Allison (1)
- Josh Builta (2)
- Jusy Hong (7)
- Ken Park (1)
- Kia Ling Teoh (1)
- Maria Rua Aguete (3)
- Pablo Carrera (1)
- Paul Erickson (1)
- Paul Gagnon (2)
- Paul Gray (2)
- Sam Lucero (1)
- Seth Wallis-Jones (1)
- Thomas Lynch (1)
- Tim Westcott (6)
- Tom Morrod (3)
- Date Published
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (4)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (1)
- Cinema Intelligence Service (1)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (4)
- COVID-19 (1)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Location Intelligence - Analysis Only (4)
- Mobile Location Intelligence Service (formerly Portable & LBS) (4)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Display Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (4)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (7)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (4)
Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019July 28, 2020Despite inroads from social media and OTT, traditional viewing habits reign in major markets
Disney+ becomes third-largest SVOD provider in the U.K.June 11, 2020Just weeks after its launch in the United Kingdom, Disney+ in April emerged as the country’s third-largest subscription video on demand (SVOD) player, with 4.3 million subscribers.
Global smartphone shipments plunge by 16.8 percent in Q1 as coronavirus takes a tollApril 30, 2020Global smartphone shipments dropped by 16.8 percent in the first quarter as vendors struggled to manage coronavirus-driven production shutdowns, product-launch delays and depressed consumer demand.
Apple’s iPhone XR dominates smartphone model shipment ranking in 2019Samsung’s Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G leads the critical 5G segmentFebruary 25, 2020The iPhone XR was the world’s most popular smartphone in 2019, easily out-shipping all other models and extending Apple’s record of perennially offering the market’s top-selling product.
Introducing Omdia: Informa Tech launches new research powerhouse following acquisition of the majority of IHS Markit’s technology, media and telecommunications research business to connect the dots for customers across the tech industryOmdia will replace all existing brands within Informa Tech’s research businesses, including Ovum, Heavy Reading and Tractica.February 05, 2020Informa Tech today announces the forthcoming launch of a new technology research powerhouse, Omdia, on Feb. 20, 2020.
Global smartphone shipments finish 2019 with a 2.2 percent decline; Samsung retains market leadershipJanuary 29, 2020The worldwide smartphone market failed to sustain its growth momentum in the fourth quarter, causing shipments for the full year of 2019 to decline by 2.2 percent compared to 2018.
Smartphone brand loyalty is rare beyond Apple and SamsungJanuary 09, 2020When it comes to smartphone brand loyalty, Apple and Samsung are in a class all by themselves, commanding more than twice the level of consumer allegiance attained by other brands.
Samsung dominates the 5G smartphone market, accounting for three-quarters of shipments in Q3December 10, 2019Samsung shipped 3.2 million 5G smartphones in the third quarter, representing 74 percent of the 4.3-million-unit global market.
Smartphone market breaks five-quarter losing streak in Q3 with 1.2 percent growthOctober 30, 2019After suffering five consecutive quarters of declines, the global smartphone business managed to attain marginal growth in the third quarter as Huawei’s shipments reached a record high during the period.
Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoptionOctober 10, 2019The expected launches of Apple TV+ and Disney+ in November illustrate the major shift now occurring in the TV and online video market as more firms move into the business of over-the-top (OTT), direct-to-consumer (D2C) video.
The 5G market hits the ground running, with 31 commercial launches worldwide by the end of Q2September 16, 2019The 5G market is developing much more quickly than the previous generation 4G LTE standard.
IHS Markit | Technology Announces Innovation Award Winners at ShowStoppers @ IFA 2019 in BerlinSeptember 10, 2019IHS Markit | Technology, now a part of Informa Tech, today announced the winners of the IHS Markit Innovation Awards. Presented at the ShowStoppers® @ IFA press event on Thursday, September 5, 2019 in Berlin.
More than half of owners now using their smartphones to access video servicesSeptember 10, 2019The smartphone has taken a major step in its evolution from a voice-centric device to a media-centric platform, with more than 50 percent of owners now using their device to access video services on a monthly basis.
US consumers may suffer sticker shock from the first wave of 5G-enabled phonesAugust 16, 2019Nearly everyone expects to pay more money for 5G smartphones—but the cost of the initial wave of phones is dramatically exceeding expectations, with the price premium as much as 29 times higher than many consumers anticipate, according to a new IHS Markit survey examining consumer perceptions regarding the technology.
Impressive Data Speed Gains Put Chicago in a Promising Position as 5G Nears, IHS Markit RevealsJune 11, 2019Chicago made news as one of the first 5G-enabled cities in the world when Verizon launched its service in April. But even the best and fastest 5G service won’t be available at all times, for all users.
As Carriers Prep for a 5G Future, Atlanta is Home to Blazing-Fast Download Speeds, IHS Markit RevealsMay 14, 2019While Verizon dominated the mobile performance awards in Atlanta for the second straight testing period, the real story might be the data speed improvements seen across the metro area.
5G Market Set to Boom – But Clarity is Needed, IHS Markit SaysApril 11, 2019As the first commercial deployments of 5G start to appear, the stage is set for consumers finally to find out what the powerful next-generation mobile standard promises can bring: an ambitious and far-reaching technological advance that transforms virtually all aspects of human activity—how we experience life, conduct business, create goods, and build societies.
UK-Licensed Television Broadcasters Weighing Brexit Options, IHS Markit SaysFebruary 26, 2019The UK is due to leave the EU at the end of March, and channels targeting other EU countries will require new licenses