Selected Clear AllResearch by Market - Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking Category - Mobile Devices
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Building, Home & City Technology (13)
- Displays (117)
- Enterprise & IT (122)
- Healthcare Technology (41)
- Manufacturing Technology (12)
- Media & Advertising (465)
- Mobile & Telecom (930)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (1778)
- Power & Energy Technology (77)
- Security Technology (8)
- Semiconductors (713)
- Transformative Technologies (10)
- Access Control & Fire (3)
- Advertising (3)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (5)
- Cinema (2)
- Cloud & Data Center (3)
- Consumer Electronics (18)
- Critical Communications (2)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (3)
- Digital Media (6)
- Digital Signage (2)
- Discrete & Process Automation (2)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (3)
- Display Materials & Components (8)
- Electric Motor Systems (2)
- Enterprise IT Security (3)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (8)
- Games (5)
- Healthcare IT (3)
- Industrial IoT, Software & Communications (2)
- Large Displays (3)
- Lighting (2)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (4)
- Managed Services (2)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (4)
- Memory & Storage (19)
- MEMS & Sensors (20)
- Mobile Devices (148)
- Mobile Innovation (7)
- Mobile Networks (8)
- Operators & Services (3)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (12)
- Semiconductor Components (28)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (9)
- Semiconductor Market (42)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (6)
- Small & Medium Displays (17)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (2)
- Smart Cities (2)
- Smart Home & Appliances (10)
- Smart Utilities Infrastructure (3)
- Touch & Interface (11)
- Transformative Technologies (3)
- TV Media & Content (2)
- Video (2)
- Video Surveillance (2)
- Alina Sargiss (1)
- Charles Annis (1)
- Chris Welch (1)
- Christopher Morris (1)
- Clifford Grossner (1)
- David Hsieh (1)
- Dinesh Kithany (1)
- Gerrit Schneemann (1)
- Jerry Kang (1)
- Jusy Hong (1)
- Kevin Anderson (1)
- Len Jelinek (1)
- Luca De Ambroggi (1)
- Manuel Tagliavini (1)
- Paul Erickson (3)
- Paul Gagnon (1)
- Richard Eden (1)
- Ricky Park (1)
- Syed Mohsin Ali (1)
- Tom Hackenberg (1)
- Vincent Leung (1)
- Wayne Lam (12)
- Date Published
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (5)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (3)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (5)
- COVID-19 (1)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (3)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- OEM Semiconductor Spending & Design Activity Intelligence Service (1)
- Outsourced Manufacturing Intelligence Service (123)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Processors Intelligence Service (2)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (6)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (5)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (6)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Supply Chain Inventory Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (5)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (1)
Connecting the Dots: Key Strategic Opportunities in a Post-COVID-19 WorldJune 11, 2020This market report examines the impact of COVID-19 on IoT adoption across vertical markets and provides a look at initial responses to the pandemic from key companies throughout the IoT ecosystem.Subscribers Only
Introducing Omdia: Informa Tech launches new research powerhouse following acquisition of the majority of IHS Markit’s technology, media and telecommunications research business to connect the dots for customers across the tech industryOmdia will replace all existing brands within Informa Tech’s research businesses, including Ovum, Heavy Reading and Tractica.February 05, 2020Informa Tech today announces the forthcoming launch of a new technology research powerhouse, Omdia, on Feb. 20, 2020.
No, Huawei has not completely designed out US parts from the latest Mate 30 [not just yet]December 03, 2019Several press outlets have reported that Huawei had managed to design out completely critical US components from their latest Mate 30 smartphone design. Components from companies such as Qualcomm, Skyworks and Qorvo to name a few. However, in a teardown analysis of the Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G, IHS Markit has discovered that this claim is technically incorrect, but the thematic arc of the news story still holds true.
Qualcomm Racks Another 5G Design Win in Samsung’s Home TurfNovember 14, 2019• Samsung Galaxy Fold 5G is the world first mass-market 5G foldable smartphone shipping in the South Korean market • Samsung selected Qualcomm’s proven first-generation Snapdragon 855 plus X50 5G modem chipsets to power the Galaxy Fold 5G • Galaxy Fold 5G RF Front-End indicate support for three Sub 6GHz 5G frequency bands – up from a single band of earlier X50 designs. • Design also hints to design provisions to support millimeter wave 5G capabilities in subsequent model SKUs of the Galaxy Fold • Samsung Galaxy Fold teardown offers insight to the fast-evolving 5G RFFE design
In 5G smartphone designs, RF Front-End graduates from traditional supporting role to co-star with modemAugust 28, 2019In our continuing series looking at early 5G smartphone hardware designs, we now turn our attention to the 5G RF Front End (RFFE) section of the core electronics. Of the six OEMs with 5G smartphones IHS Markit has sampled thus far, five of them feature a common design theme at the RFFE section; a complete 5G RFFE solution provided by Qualcomm. This vote of confidence in Qualcomm speaks not only to their critical role as a major supplier of modems but also to their growing expertise in bringing an industry-first modem-to-antenna solution to market, beating out incumbent RFFE component providers and disrupting the RFFE market in 5G.
Global semiconductor revenue dips as the chip industry wrestles with myriad challengesJuly 31, 2019Battling economic headwinds and debilitated markets, the semiconductor industry saw revenue worldwide decline by the double digits percentage-wise in the first quarter of 2019, with the outlook for the rest of the year looking equally discouraging.
The importance of embedded security grows in connected microcontrollersJanuary 18, 2019The year of 2018 has been one of the worst to date in terms of both number of security breaches and the number of records that have been exposed.
IHS Markit Analyst Availability: Electronica, München, GermanyOctober 22, 2018For journalists who follow the latest news and trends in consumer electronics, IHS Markit analysts will be available for commentary ahead of and onsite at IFA 2018 in Berlin, Germany, from August 31 to September 5, 2018.
iPhone Xs Max Costs Apple $20 More in Materials Than Last Year’s Smaller iPhone X, IHS Markit Teardown RevealsSeptember 26, 2018While most of the components have been upgraded, the physical smartphone design remains relatively unchanged from the previous iPhone X version
Taking the Complexity out of LTE Radio Front End Designs; Qualcomm offers Smartphone OEMs Pre-Baked RFFE SolutionsJuly 23, 2018As the smartphone industry passes its decade-long run being the most popular consumer electronics of all time, the market is beginning to see signs of maturation and slowdown. Smartphone OEMs are now competing on innovations in form factor (i.e. the move to larger and bezel-less displays), cameras (i.e. biometric sensors and computational photography) as well as Artificial Intelligence (AI) services...
Samsung Galaxy S9 Insights & AnalysisMarch 26, 2018As it does every year, Samsung launched a new generation of Galaxy smartphones: the Galaxy S9 and S9+. IHS Markit offers the most comprehensive insights into Samsung's latest flagship, from the company's strategy and competitive landscape to the S9's evolutionary design and bill of material (BOM) costs.
Galaxy S9+ Materials Cost $43 More Than Previous Versions, IHS Markit Teardown ShowsMarch 22, 2018The new Samsung Galaxy S9+ equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory (model number SM-G965U1) carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost of $375.80, much higher than for previous versions of the company’s smartphones.
Gen 10 and Larger Flat Panel Display Capacity to Grow at 59 Percent CAGR to 2022, IHS Markit SaysDecember 05, 2017With BOE, China Star, LG Display and Foxconn expected to build seven new Generation 10.5 factories by 2020, Gen 10 and larger fab flat panel display (FPD) capacity is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 59 percent between 2017 and 2022, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
China and North America TV Shipments Fall Sharply in Q3 2017, IHS Markit SaysNovember 20, 2017The impact of higher LCD TV panel prices at the beginning of 2017 continued to weigh on retail demand for LCD TVs into Q3 by way of slower retail price erosion, particularly in China and North America, the two most price sensitive regions.
Flat Panel Demand to Grow 7.2 Percent in 2018, Biggest Gain Since 2014, IHS Markit SaysNovember 20, 2017Global demand for flat panel displays by area is forecast to grow 7.2 percent to 210 million square meters in 2018 compared to 2017, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
SD-WAN Market a Two-horse Race Between Cisco and VMWare, IHS Markit SaysNovember 15, 2017Consolidation and acquisitions are underway in the software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) market as vendors race to include SD-WAN technology in their offerings.
Flexible AMOLED Panel Supply Capacity to Exceed Demand by 44 Percent in 2018, IHS Markit SaysNovember 14, 2017With flexible active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) panel fabs building at a quicker pace than global demand, supply capacity of flexible AMOLED panels is forecast to be 44 percent higher than global demand in 2018, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
iPhone X Costs Apple $370 in Materials, IHS Markit Teardown RevealsNovember 08, 2017Teardown engineers at IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) have completed their preliminary physical dissection of the new Apple iPhone X and found that the model A1865 version of the smartphone with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND memory carries a bill of materials (BOM) of $370.25.
IHS Markit Teardown Reveals What Higher Apple iPhone 8 Plus Cost Actually BuysSeptember 25, 2017The new Apple iPhone 8 Plus, equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory, carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost that comes out to US$288.08, higher than any previous versions of the company’s smartphones, according to a preliminary estimate from IHS Markit.
Apple Event - Insights & AnalysisSeptember 12, 2017On September 12, Apple unveiled its latest product offerings: the iPhone X, iPhone 8, Apple TV 4K and Apple Watch Series 3. But what exactly are the implications of these new products? Here, our analysts provide expert analysis on the announcements from multiple perspectives.