Selected Clear AllCategory - Medical Devices & Equipment Category - Mobile Devices Analyst - Ed Barton Analyst - Przemek Bozek Service - Games Intelligence Service
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (2)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (7)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (6)
- Games Intelligence Service (2)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (2)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (1)
Sony and Samsung partner on PlayStation NowDecember 30, 2014Sony’s PlayStation Now service is being brought to a range of 2015-year Samsung Smart TV sets. The PlayStation Now gaming platform – which remains in beta in the US and Canada – presently allows PS4, PS3, PS Vita, PS TV, and Bravia TV owners to stream a selection of PS3 titles to their Sony devices. Rental prices – which remain in-flux – currently range from USD 1.99 to USD 19.99, and vary as a function of a rental length.
Intel, Limelight Invest in GaikaiJuly 27, 2010Intel Capital, a subsidiary of the chip giant Intel, and Limelight Networks, the CDN specialist, have invested in on-demand games operator Gaikai. Details of the transaction were not revealed. Intel and Limelight join Rustic Canyon Partners, Benchmark Capital and Triplepoint Capital as investors in the firm. Gaikai raised $10m in May 2010 following an earlier investment of $5m from Benchmark. Gaikai plans to roll out the first commercial deployments of its technology by the end of 2010.