Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- COVID-19 (2)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Rack Systems Intelligence Service (1)
- Home Appliance Intelligence Service (4)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (8)
- Power Supply Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (7)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service - Premium (7)
- Video Surveillance & Analytics Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- Video Surveillance & Analytics Intelligence Service - Annual - Premium (1)
Key trends from the smart home market: June 2020July 13, 2020Top trends from June analyzed by the Omdia smart home team.Subscribers Only
Despite COVID-19 smart speaker market expands during 1Q20April 09, 2020According to Omdia’s latest smart speaker tracker, the North American smart speaker market increased by about 6 percent during 1Q20 compared with 1Q19.
Surging demand for consumer security cameras and video doorbells spurs new competition, challenging market leaders Nest and ArloMarch 03, 2020The global market for do-it-yourself (DIY) standalone network security cameras is forecasted to surge by 80 percent by 2024—a rapid pace of growth that is attracting new competitors.
Asia surpasses North America to become world’s largest smart speaker marketFebruary 24, 2020Globally, more than 100 million smart speakers were shipped in 2019, up about 41 percent from 72 million in 2018. Shipments are expected to increase by an additional 36 percent in 2020.
Amazon, Apple, Google Announce Joint EffortDecember 18, 2019Amazon, Apple, Google, and the Zigbee Alliance today announced a new working group that plans to develop and promote the adoption of a new, royalty-free connectivity standard to increase compatibility among smart home products, with security as a fundamental design tenet (Project Connected Home over IP).
Lack of a ‘Killer App’ not to blame for smart home woesDecember 06, 2019Over the past few weeks, there have been several blogs and press releases offering opinions on the smart home market. The primary takeaway from these articles is that the smart home is beginning to reach saturation in North America and that many manufacturers actually lack the marketing and creativity prowess to push the smart home, over the hump, to the masses.Subscribers Only
Amazon pads its smart-speaker market leadership in Q3, as Prime Day boosts North American salesNovember 21, 2019During the third quarter, Amazon shipped 8.3 million smart speakers to the North American market, nearly double Google’s total of 4.4 million.