Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Advertising Intelligence Service (4)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (4)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (5)
- Cinema Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Entertainment & Video KPIs Intelligence Service (2)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (1)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (1)
- US Media Intelligence Service - Premium (3)
- Video Media Intelligence Service (2)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (3)
Netflix growth slows in Q2 2019 as it suffers its first domestic subscriber loss since 2011July 18, 2019Netflix’s Q2 2019 results have revealed subscriber growth was well under internal estimations. Netflix added just 2.70 million paying subscribers over the three-month period against the 5 million it forecasted in the previous quarterly report. Clients of our Intelligence Services can log in to view our analysis in full.Subscribers Only
RTL creates new digital studio in search of younger audiences and ad dollarsJuly 16, 2019European broadcaster RTL Group has announced the integration of its digital video businesses United Screens and Divimove. The multiplatform networks (MPNs) will be merged under Berlin-based Divimove. The new Divimove will represent over 1,000 digital content creators in nine European countries.Subscribers Only
Nielsen moves further into addressable TV with Sorenson Media acquisitionMarch 15, 2019Information and measurement company Nielsen has unveiled addressable initiative Nielsen Advanced Video Advertising after acquiring US addressable TV technology provider Sorenson Media for $11.3 million in a bankruptcy auction. The new initiative will combine Sorenson’s addressable capabilities with Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) technology, which Nielsen acquired through its 2017 purchase of Gracenote.
NBCUniversal launching new streaming service in 2020February 12, 2019Comcast-owned NBCUniversal has announced plans for a hybrid online video service that will incorporate both an ad-supported tier and a consumer-paid subscription. Launching in the first quarter of 2020, the core target audience will be pay TV subscribers and Sky customers, meaning that the focus of the service is more of a “TV Everywhere” offer than a standalone direct to consumer subscription.
Viacom boosts direct-to-consumer pitch with $340 million acquisition of Pluto TVJanuary 24, 2019Viacom has revealed its intentions to go direct-to-consumer via the acquisition of ad-supported streaming service Pluto TV. The deal is worth a reported $340 million and will see Pluto TV operate as an independent subsidiary of Viacom. The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2019.