Selected Clear AllCategory - Cloud & Data Center Category - Operators & Services Geography - Global Service - Optical Networks Intelligence Service
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Advertising Intelligence Service (2)
- Carrier Network Software Intelligence Service (9)
- Cloud & Colocation Intelligence Service (10)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (3)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (3)
- Data Center Networks & Automation Intelligence Service (11)
- Enterprise Networks Intelligence Service (1)
- Enterprise Voice, Video & Unified Communication Intelligence Service (13)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (3)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (2)
- Optical Networks Intelligence Service (9)
- Service Provider Network Economics Intelligence Service (5)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (3)
- Telecom Digital Transformation Intelligence Service (2)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (1)
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) Intelligence Service (2)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (2)
Ciena tops the list of optical equipment vendors, in new IHS Markit SurveyFebruary 21, 2019Each year IHS Markit surveys service providers, in order to find out which companies they view as the leaders of the optical equipment market. The survey also explores their perceptions of vendors in key decision metrics, like pricing, total cost of ownership, technology innovation, research-and-development (R&D) investment, and product reliability.Subscribers Only
Optical network hardware market cools off in Q3 2017November 15, 2017The worldwide optical equipment market declined 15 percent sequentially and 3 percent year over year in Q3 2017 as soft growth in the Asia Pacific region was not sufficient to offset the declines in EMEA, North America and Latin America.
Open optical networks: what, why and next stepsAugust 10, 2017The pressure is on for the industry to deliver more open and interoperable optical networks. Projects including the Open ROADM Multi-Source Agreement, the Telecom Infra Project’s Open Optical Packet Transport Group, the Open Networking Foundation (ONF) and Optical Interworking Forum (OIF) are exploring the way forward. However, the question remains whether network operators are ready and willing to trade off performance for openness and interoperability.
RESEARCH NOTE - Optical DCI Market is Red HotMarch 20, 2017Following is information and insight from IHS Markit about our H1 2017 DCI, OTN and Packet-Optical Hardware Biannual Market Tracker, which contains data and analysis for the half-year ended December 31, 2016.
RESEARCH NOTE - Operators on the Fence About Optical Open Line Systems, Study ShowsJanuary 12, 2017Following is information and insight from IHS Markit about our 2016 100G+ & ROADM Strategies Global Service Provider Survey.
RESEARCH NOTE - The Great China Optical Spending Spree SlowsDecember 05, 2016Following is information and insight from IHS Markit about our Q4 Optical Network Hardware Quarterly Market Tracker, which includes data for the quarter ended September 30, 2016.
RESEARCH NOTE - China WDM Spending Powers Hot Optical Equipment Market in Q2 2016August 18, 2016IHS Markit analysis and commentary on the Optical Network Hardware Quarterly Market Tracker, which includes data for the quarter ended June 30, 2016, follows.
RESEARCH NOTE - Cloud, Long Haul Drive 13 Percent Year-over-Year Increase in Optical Equipment Market; Nokia Debuts at #2May 25, 2016IHS Technology preliminary analysis and commentary on the Optical Network Hardware Quarterly Market Tracker, which includes data for the quarter ended March 2016, follows.