Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Category - Access Control & Fire Category - M2M, IoT & Connectivity Service - IoT Devices Intelligence Service
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Access Control & Fire (1)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (6)
- Consumer Electronics (10)
- Digital Media (1)
- Discrete & Process Automation (6)
- Electric Motor Systems (1)
- Enterprise IT Security (5)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (3)
- Industrial IoT, Software & Communications (7)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (96)
- Managed Services (1)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (1)
- Mobile Devices (42)
- Mobile Innovation (41)
- Mobile Networks (2)
- Operators & Services (25)
- Semiconductor Components (2)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (1)
- Semiconductor Market (12)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (1)
- Small & Medium Displays (1)
- Smart Cities (8)
- Smart Home & Appliances (5)
- Transformative Technologies (14)
- Date Published
- Access Control Intelligence Service - Americas (20)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - Annual (54)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - Asia-Pacific (21)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - China (21)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - EMEA (21)
- AI & Analytics in Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- Carrier Network Software Intelligence Service (1)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (119)
- Command & Control Rooms Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (5)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (6)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (2)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (5)
- Counterterrorism & CBRNE Intelligence Service (6)
- Counterterrorism Research Package (8)
- COVID-19 (7)
- Critical National Infrastructure CNI Intelligence Service (1)
- Cybersecurity - Threat Mitigation Technology Intelligence Service (8)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (3)
- Data Center Networks & Automation Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Storage Intelligence Service (2)
- Digital Health Intelligence Service (2)
- Digital Security Intelligence Service (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (32)
- Home Appliance Intelligence Service (2)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (5)
- Industrial IoT Intelligence Service (14)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Intruder Alarms & Monitoring Services Intelligence Service - Annual (31)
- IoT Cybersecurity Intelligence Service (23)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (102)
- IoT Platforms Intelligence Service (39)
- Lighting Intelligence Service (12)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (40)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Location Intelligence Service (formerly Portable & LBS) (1)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Motors & Drives Vertical Application Intelligence Service (2)
- Physical Security Channel Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Security Vertical Applications Intelligence Service (2)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (4)
- Small Cells & Carrier WiFi Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Cities IoT Intelligence Service (43)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (21)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service - Premium (20)
- Smart Home Services & Subscribers Intelligence Service (2)
- Smart Utility Meter Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Video Surveillance & Analytics Intelligence Service - Annual (4)
- Video Surveillance & Analytics Intelligence Service - Annual - Premium (4)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (2)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (71)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (3)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (6)
u-blox acquires Thingstream in a bid to stave off commoditization in the cellular IoT module industryApril 08, 2020u-blox, a key cellular IoT module vendor, announced on 1 April 2020 that it had acquired Thingstream, an IoT mobile virtual network operator. With the acquisition, u-blox joins other mainstream module vendors in becoming more vertically integrated in order to reduce the threat of commoditization increasingly posed by Chinese module vendors. This article examines Thingstream’s offering and differentiation in the market, and the rationale for Thingstream’s acquisition by u-blox.Subscribers Only
IoT impact of COVID-19: An early viewApril 02, 2020This report offers an early view of how COVID-19 is likely to affect the IoT market and, more specifically, IoT demand in various industry verticals.
IoT set to play a growing role in COVID-19 responseApril 01, 2020While much is still unknown on how this situation will unfold, it is clear that technology is well-positioned to help enterprises, governments and society take on the threat.
Electronic shelf labels (ESL): a growing retail IoT opportunityJanuary 21, 2020Over the past few months, the IoT Connectivity & Platforms group has received several inquiries about the dynamics of the electronic shelf label (ESL) market. This Market Insight highlights key trends and provides estimates of annual global shipments.
5G technology will enable $13.2 trillion of global economic output by 2035November 15, 20195G technology will do more than just improve our mobile experience, it will transcend the communication field and help fundamentally alter how a vast and diverse group of industries operate. In fact, it will contribute large and sustainable economic benefits across all sectors of the global economy. In a recent study commission by Qualcomm, IHS Markit found that by 2035, 5G technology will enable $13.2 trillion of global economic output.
5G trends and insights from Qualcomm 5G Summit 2019November 01, 2019This insight summarizes the key themes from the event: rapid development of the 5G ecosystem compared with LTE; early 5G use cases; private network opportunity; traction for C-V2X; relative quiet on the Massive IoT front.Subscribers Only
Cellular IoT Gateway Report 2019 - Key FindingsJuly 26, 2019The most recent report provides an update (in Excel) on vendor market share and segmentation of shipments and revenues by region, air standard, venue and form factor. The accompanying PDF report digs deeper than previous reports into competitive and strategic issues.
Applying AI and ML to IoT-generated DataMay 23, 2019Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) play a vital role in the future of the Internet of Things (IoT). At last week’s IoT World in Santa Clara, this was a major focus with a track dedicated solely to the topic.
Shared Accountability for IoT SecurityMay 08, 2019“Connect first, secure… if it’s cost effective.” Sadly, many IoT original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) continue to engage in this insecure practice when designing their respective devices.
Microsoft Buys Express Logic and adds an embedded OS for constrained IoT DevicesApril 23, 2019On 18 April 2019 Microsoft agreed to acquire Express Logic, a San Diego, CA industrial embedded software provider, for an undisclosed amount. Express Logic’s ThreadX embedded OS for microcontroller units (MCUs) will be added to Microsoft’s Azure IoT platform technology portfolio. ThreadX will help Microsoft expand its IoT ecosystem, but is not a game-changer by itself.Subscribers Only
Hannover Messe tradeshow highlights: IoT platform vendors partner, simplifyApril 15, 2019The Hannover Messe—focused on industrial technology—is one of the largest technology tradeshows in the world, nearly double the size of either Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, or the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
Digi International launches as-a-service offering FoundationsMarch 28, 2019Earlier this month, Digi International launched a new bundled service offering, Digi Foundations. This brings together a range of hardware, software and service elements: routers with limited lifetime warranty, device management, out-of-the-box connectivity to leading cloud platforms, edge computing enablement, expert-tier customer support, security via Digi TrustFence and optional cellular connectivity.Subscribers Only
IoT Security Gaining Visibility at RSAMarch 15, 2019As with last year’s conference, Internet of Things (IoT) security remained a smaller part of the overall discussions surrounding cybersecurity at RSA 2019. However, despite this position of limited coverage, IoT security continues to gain traction and visibility as a topic that demands greater recognition within the context of comprehensive security solutions.
Data Security Market Revenues to Grow 30% by 2024February 07, 2019Despite best efforts, effective data management and security practices remain an ominous hurdle for many organizations. As the sheer volume with which data is generated on a daily basis continues to grow exponentially, ensuring proper protection and handling of that information becomes a proportionally difficult challenge. Demand for comprehensive and secure information management solutions are driving growth in the global market.
Growing Cybersecurity Concerns Within the Industrial IoT (IIoT)October 07, 2018Unfortunately, no vertical market has remained immune from the harmful aftermath of a successful cyber attack or data breach. The situation is only exacerbated with regards to the Internet of Things (IoT), as the sheer volume of these devices continues to grow with each passing year. The IoT device explosion has seen a proportionate growth of the cyber threat landscape due to the new attack vectors that many insecure IoT devices can introduce into the ecosystem. Furthermore, the industrial markets that comprise our critical infrastructure have routinely found themselves in the crosshairs of potential cyber-criminals and data thieves.
GE loses its CEO…and reduces its activity in the Industrial IoT platforms marketOctober 03, 2018While GE’s challenges are specific to the company, and not reflective of any negative trends in the wider IIoT platforms market, there is a question in the market as to whether traditional industrial equipment vendors are optimally-positioned to compete in providing IIoT platforms.Subscribers Only
Arm goes full-stack with introduction of Pelion IoT PlatformAugust 03, 2018On 2 August 2018, Arm announced the acquisition of data management firm Treasure Data and the launch/re-branding of its IoT platform as “Pelion”. It reportedly acquired Mountain View, CA-based Treasure Data for about $600 million, making it one of the largest acquisitions in Arm’s history. At a time when the large, diverse IoT platform vendor landscape is slowly starting to consolidate, and many vendors are starting to focus more narrowly on the areas where they can differentiate, Arm is taking a contrarian approach by going full-stack, and broadly-horizontal.Subscribers Only
AI’s role in boosting Wi-Fi performance and enabling new revenue streamsJuly 30, 2018In this insight, we discuss how companies such as Aerial Technologies, Mist Systems, Mojo Networks and Quantenna Communications are adding intelligence to W-Fi hardware and software to drive improvements in customer experience.
Defending the data, securing the IoT comes into focus at IoT World 2018July 06, 2018When it comes to the IoT, many organizations have a "connect first, secure second" mentality. The IoT World 2018 conference showcased many solutions to address this fundamentally flawed practice.
The IoT grabs a foothold at RSA 2018July 06, 2018Although seemingly overshadowed by discussions and focus surrounding AI and machine learning, cybersecurity for the IoT had established a substantive presence at the conference.