Selected Clear AllCategory - Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Access Control & Fire (264)
- Advertising (499)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (402)
- Cinema (920)
- Cloud & Data Center (571)
- Consumer Electronics (2354)
- Critical Communications (125)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (200)
- Digital Media (2309)
- Digital Signage (61)
- Discrete & Process Automation (204)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (1739)
- Display Materials & Components (163)
- Electric Motor Systems (229)
- Enterprise IT Security (107)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (661)
- Games (1104)
- Healthcare IT (68)
- Industrial IoT, Software & Communications (63)
- Large Displays (1940)
- Lighting (174)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (544)
- Managed Services (122)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (349)
- Memory & Storage (396)
- MEMS & Sensors (192)
- Mobile Devices (1789)
- Mobile Innovation (4306)
- Mobile Networks (913)
- Operators & Services (6330)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (163)
- Semiconductor Components (836)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (51)
- Semiconductor Market (758)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (2500)
- Small & Medium Displays (1895)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (86)
- Smart Cities (112)
- Smart Home & Appliances (1416)
- Smart Utilities Infrastructure (163)
- Touch & Interface (113)
- Transformative Technologies (104)
- TV Media & Content (4032)
- Video (1497)
- Video Surveillance (244)
- Alina Sargiss (1)
- Charles Annis (1)
- Chris Welch (1)
- Christopher Morris (1)
- Clifford Grossner (1)
- Craig Stice (1)
- David Hsieh (1)
- Dinesh Kithany (1)
- Gerrit Schneemann (2)
- Jerry Kang (1)
- Jusy Hong (1)
- Kevin Anderson (1)
- Len Jelinek (1)
- Luca De Ambroggi (1)
- Manuel Tagliavini (1)
- Paul Erickson (3)
- Paul Gagnon (1)
- Richard Eden (1)
- Ricky Park (1)
- Syed Mohsin Ali (1)
- Tom Hackenberg (1)
- Vincent Leung (1)
- Wayne Lam (13)
- Date Published
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (5)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (3)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (5)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (2)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (3)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- OEM Semiconductor Spending & Design Activity Intelligence Service (1)
- Outsourced Manufacturing Intelligence Service (124)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Processors Intelligence Service (2)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (7)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (6)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (4)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Supply Chain Inventory Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (3)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (1)
In 5G smartphone designs, RF Front-End graduates from traditional supporting role to co-star with modemAugust 28, 2019In our continuing series looking at early 5G smartphone hardware designs, we now turn our attention to the 5G RF Front End (RFFE) section of the core electronics. Of the six OEMs with 5G smartphones IHS Markit has sampled thus far, five of them feature a common design theme at the RFFE section; a complete 5G RFFE solution provided by Qualcomm. This vote of confidence in Qualcomm speaks not only to their critical role as a major supplier of modems but also to their growing expertise in bringing an industry-first modem-to-antenna solution to market, beating out incumbent RFFE component providers and disrupting the RFFE market in 5G.
第一代5G设计未来智能手机中调制解调器与射频集成的关键与亮点August 16, 20195G智能手机的市场反应能力在这一个新的无线技术的转型初期是前所未有的，与之前的4G LTE演进不同, 更多的手机厂商会第一时间将新设备提供给客户；不仅是关键的调制解调器套片与射频前端(RFEE)元器件在设计周期的早期阶段就可以提供给厂商， 还因为这些解决方案都是完整的“调制解调器到天线”设计，从而进一步加快初代5G智能手机投放市场的速度。 本文将进一步探寻射频技术与元器件如何支持5G设备，从而能在5G网络生命周期中尽早投放。作为IHS Markit Technology 对5G网络与设备性能“前瞻性研究”的一部分，我们评估的至少6部初代5G智能手机，并进行了彻底的拆解分析以确定5G无线核心元器件与系统设计。这批5G智能手机分别来自三星、LG、小米、Oppo、一加以及华为。
First-generation 5G designs highlight critical importance of modem and RF integration in future smartphonesAugust 12, 2019The market availability of 5G smartphones at this early stage of a new wireless technology transition has been unprecedented for the industry. Unlike the previous 4G LTE evolution, more handset vendors are making new devices available on day-one to consumers. Not only were the critical modem chipsets and RF Front End (RFFE) components made available earlier in the design cycle to smartphone OEMs but much of those solutions are of a complete “Modem-to-Antenna” designs which further help to accelerate time-to-market of these first-generation 5G smartphones.
Samsung caps a prolific 2019 flagship smartphone model year releases with the Note 10August 07, 2019The Note series from Samsung has carved out a special niche within the smartphone industry. With its oversized display and stylus input, it has arguably the most distinctive user experience offered since the original iPhone over a decade ago. Today’s launch of the Note 10 and 10+ definitively continues the carefully crafted message around this product. As with “even” number years, Samsung introduced significant design changes to the Note 10.
Global semiconductor revenue dips as the chip industry wrestles with myriad challengesJuly 31, 2019Battling economic headwinds and debilitated markets, the semiconductor industry saw revenue worldwide decline by the double digits percentage-wise in the first quarter of 2019, with the outlook for the rest of the year looking equally discouraging.
The importance of embedded security grows in connected microcontrollersJanuary 18, 2019The year of 2018 has been one of the worst to date in terms of both number of security breaches and the number of records that have been exposed.
IHS Markit Analyst Availability: Electronica, München, GermanyOctober 22, 2018For journalists who follow the latest news and trends in consumer electronics, IHS Markit analysts will be available for commentary ahead of and onsite at IFA 2018 in Berlin, Germany, from August 31 to September 5, 2018.
iPhone Xs Max Costs Apple $20 More in Materials Than Last Year’s Smaller iPhone X, IHS Markit Teardown RevealsSeptember 26, 2018While most of the components have been upgraded, the physical smartphone design remains relatively unchanged from the previous iPhone X version
Taking the Complexity out of LTE Radio Front End Designs; Qualcomm offers Smartphone OEMs Pre-Baked RFFE SolutionsJuly 23, 2018As the smartphone industry passes its decade-long run being the most popular consumer electronics of all time, the market is beginning to see signs of maturation and slowdown. Smartphone OEMs are now competing on innovations in form factor (i.e. the move to larger and bezel-less displays), cameras (i.e. biometric sensors and computational photography) as well as Artificial Intelligence (AI) services...
Galaxy S9+ Materials Cost $43 More Than Previous Versions, IHS Markit Teardown ShowsMarch 22, 2018The new Samsung Galaxy S9+ equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory (model number SM-G965U1) carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost of $375.80, much higher than for previous versions of the company’s smartphones.
Gen 10 and Larger Flat Panel Display Capacity to Grow at 59 Percent CAGR to 2022, IHS Markit SaysDecember 05, 2017With BOE, China Star, LG Display and Foxconn expected to build seven new Generation 10.5 factories by 2020, Gen 10 and larger fab flat panel display (FPD) capacity is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 59 percent between 2017 and 2022, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
China and North America TV Shipments Fall Sharply in Q3 2017, IHS Markit SaysNovember 20, 2017The impact of higher LCD TV panel prices at the beginning of 2017 continued to weigh on retail demand for LCD TVs into Q3 by way of slower retail price erosion, particularly in China and North America, the two most price sensitive regions.
Flat Panel Demand to Grow 7.2 Percent in 2018, Biggest Gain Since 2014, IHS Markit SaysNovember 20, 2017Global demand for flat panel displays by area is forecast to grow 7.2 percent to 210 million square meters in 2018 compared to 2017, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
SD-WAN Market a Two-horse Race Between Cisco and VMWare, IHS Markit SaysNovember 15, 2017Consolidation and acquisitions are underway in the software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) market as vendors race to include SD-WAN technology in their offerings.
Flexible AMOLED Panel Supply Capacity to Exceed Demand by 44 Percent in 2018, IHS Markit SaysNovember 14, 2017With flexible active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) panel fabs building at a quicker pace than global demand, supply capacity of flexible AMOLED panels is forecast to be 44 percent higher than global demand in 2018, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
iPhone X Costs Apple $370 in Materials, IHS Markit Teardown RevealsNovember 08, 2017Teardown engineers at IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) have completed their preliminary physical dissection of the new Apple iPhone X and found that the model A1865 version of the smartphone with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND memory carries a bill of materials (BOM) of $370.25.
IHS Markit Teardown Reveals What Higher Apple iPhone 8 Plus Cost Actually BuysSeptember 25, 2017The new Apple iPhone 8 Plus, equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory, carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost that comes out to US$288.08, higher than any previous versions of the company’s smartphones, according to a preliminary estimate from IHS Markit.
Apple Event - Insights & AnalysisSeptember 12, 2017On September 12, Apple unveiled its latest product offerings: the iPhone X, iPhone 8, Apple TV 4K and Apple Watch Series 3. But what exactly are the implications of these new products? Here, our analysts provide expert analysis on the announcements from multiple perspectives.
OEM Manufacturing & Design Database - Wireless - 2017Formerly GOMDAJune 02, 2017Outsourcing strategies employed by Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) dictate the growth prospects of all other nodes participating in the electronics supply chain.Subscribers Only
Galaxy S8 Materials Costs Highest by Far Compared to Previous Versions, IHS Markit Teardown RevealsApril 20, 2017The new Samsung Galaxy S8 equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost that comes out to US$301.60, much higher than for previous versions of the company’s smartphones, according to a preliminary estimate from IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.