Selected Clear AllResearch by Market - Media & Advertising Research by Market - Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices Category - Automotive Technology
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Building, Home & City Technology (1)
- Displays (12)
- Enterprise & IT (20)
- Healthcare Technology (2)
- Manufacturing Technology (16)
- Media & Advertising (2)
- Mobile & Telecom (1983)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (17)
- Power & Energy Technology (6)
- Security Technology (12)
- Semiconductors (71)
- Transformative Technologies (2)
- Access Control & Fire (22)
- Advertising (493)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (10)
- Cinema (902)
- Cloud & Data Center (8)
- Consumer Electronics (2339)
- Critical Communications (5)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (7)
- Digital Media (2284)
- Digital Signage (59)
- Discrete & Process Automation (10)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (16)
- Display Materials & Components (25)
- Electric Motor Systems (2)
- Enterprise IT Security (7)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (80)
- Games (1084)
- Healthcare IT (5)
- Industrial IoT, Software & Communications (4)
- Large Displays (202)
- Lighting (166)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (134)
- Managed Services (84)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (44)
- Memory & Storage (24)
- MEMS & Sensors (91)
- Mobile Devices (1774)
- Mobile Innovation (1575)
- Mobile Networks (402)
- Operators & Services (3281)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (77)
- Semiconductor Components (618)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (13)
- Semiconductor Market (312)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (2298)
- Small & Medium Displays (39)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (19)
- Smart Cities (14)
- Smart Home & Appliances (1395)
- Smart Utilities Infrastructure (13)
- Touch & Interface (21)
- Transformative Technologies (17)
- TV Media & Content (3996)
- Video (1480)
- Video Surveillance (20)
- Date Published
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (2)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (1)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (2)
- MEMS & Sensors Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Location Intelligence - Analysis Only (2)
- Mobile Location Intelligence Service (formerly Portable & LBS) (3)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- OEM Semiconductor Spending & Design Activity Intelligence Service (1)
- Outsourced Manufacturing Intelligence Service (1)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Processors Intelligence Service (2)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Supply Chain Inventory Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Power Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (2)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (2)
Global semiconductor revenue dips as the chip industry wrestles with myriad challengesJuly 31, 2019Battling economic headwinds and debilitated markets, the semiconductor industry saw revenue worldwide decline by the double digits percentage-wise in the first quarter of 2019, with the outlook for the rest of the year looking equally discouraging.
2019 Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona - Cellular IoT industry facing many opportunities and challengesMarch 10, 2019At MWC Barcelona in late February, in addition to the highly covered 5G standard, the NB-IoT and the Cellular Vehicle-to-Vehicle (C-V2X) standards also demonstrated significant progress in the cellular IoT space. This article includes news summary at MWC and IHS Markit analysis that are related to the NB-IoT and the C-V2X technologies.
The importance of embedded security grows in connected microcontrollersJanuary 18, 2019The year of 2018 has been one of the worst to date in terms of both number of security breaches and the number of records that have been exposed.
IHS Markit Survey Finds Continued Interest in Premium Audio Technology in New VehiclesAugust 29, 2017Branded audio system volumes in new vehicles are expected to grow from just under 11 million units globally in 2016 to 14 million units in 2023, according to new vehicle production forecasts for these systems from IHS Markit.
Consumers Want In-Vehicle Technology, but Willingness to Pay for It Varies, IHS Markit SaysJune 19, 2017A new global survey on consumer preferences for automotive technology finds more consumers desire advanced technology in their next new vehicle.
Automotive Touch Screen Shipments to Top 50 Million Units in 2017, IHS Markit SaysMay 30, 2017With consumers already accustomed with using smartphones and tablet PCs in their everyday lives, touch screens are now increasingly making their way into their vehicles, too.
New Report from IHS Markit Names Top Four Trends Driving the Internet of Things (IoT) in 2017 and BeyondJanuary 24, 2017Fueled by lightning-fast demand for ubiquitous connectivity, the number of connected Internet of Things (IoT) devices globally will jump by 15 percent year-over-year to 20 billion in 2017, according to new analysis from IHS Markit.
Media Alert: IHS Markit Analyst Availability: Consumer Electronics Show/CES 2017December 15, 2016As you’re planning to cover news and activities surrounding the CES 2017 in Las Vegas, January 5 – 8, 2017, a reminder that several IHS Markit technology and automotive analysts will be onsite and following developments from the show – and available for commentary during the week.
Acquisition of Broadcom’s IoT business adds much needed WiFi capability to Cypress SemiconductorMay 09, 2016Cypress Semiconductor announced that it will acquire Broadcom’s wireless Internet of Things (IoT) business in a $550 million transaction. The deal was announced on Thursday, April 28.Subscribers Only
CES 2016: Does your state support innovation?January 19, 2016The Consumer Technology Association (CTA), continues to advance its agenda to support growth and development in the technology sector. To this end, a billboard positioned in one of the main lobbies was eye catching. It announced the creation of a “State Innovation Scorecard.”
Changes in Manufacturing, with Emphasis on China, Highlight 2016 Global Technology Predictions from IHS AnalystsDecember 22, 2015Innovations in nearly every sector are setting the stage for technology market growth and even more rapid change in 2016.
Apple's latest iPhone reflects and leads sensor hub trendsDecember 15, 2015Sensor hubs are an important part of mid to high end smartphones. This is in line with increasing demands of sensors in smartphones, such as always on sensors (motion and audio) and tight battery constraints. The two main approaches to sensor hubs so far have been discrete MCUs and low power cores or processing elements integrated into application processors. Up to 2015, Samsung and Apple are the leaders in MCU adoption for sensor processing in their smartphones. While Qualcomm is leading supplier of application processor integrated sensor processing solutions with its Hexagon DSP. Apple’s iPhone 6S heralds the direction sensor hubs will take in smartphones from the high end all the way to the low end in coming years. For more please log in to your account.Subscribers Only
Hyundai-Kia join the trend towards wireless electric vehicle chargingJuly 13, 2015• Over 100,000 vehicles with wireless electric vehicle charging technology to be sold globally between now and 2022. • Five other top ten automotive manufacturers (Toyota, Volkswagen, Ford, Chevrolet and Mercedes-Benz ) globally have started fitting, or announced plans to start fitting, wireless charging technology into their vehicle range.
Power, revenue and profitability drive groundswell of consolidation in semiconductor industryJuly 10, 2015Analysis and insight into key consolidation trends in the semiconductor industry. Details on consolidation by market, types of M&A, business sale, spinoffs & joint ventures and business exits. Perspectives on the size of deals over time. Analysis of profitability as a driver for consolidation.Subscribers Only
Mobile World Congress 2015March 11, 2015
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi: Symbiotic Coexistence in the CarMay 31, 2011Connectivity in cars is nowadays mainly driven by the need to support physical interfaces to consumer devices. Smartphones, Portable Media Players, as well as removable media products and now (media) Tablets already play a significant role in in-vehicle infotainment systems and are expected to even more in the near future.Subscribers Only
NFC and Bluetooth: Complementary or Competitive?March 08, 2011Connectivity is one area in automotive which is showing a significant growth and is expected to further trigger incremental semiconductor component growth in vehicles which are already full of electronics.
Nokia and Microsoft: Ensuring the 3rd Major Smartphone Eco-SystemFebruary 16, 2011The announcement last week that Nokia will use Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 as its main Smartphone platform was a major event in the mobile industry and is likely to have a profound impact in the next decade. There are many questions on the outcome of this key event. From our perspectives, the most important question is what is the impact on the auto industry?
2011 CES: Mobile Apps in the Car Steal the SpotlightJanuary 12, 2011Ever since Ford pioneered integration of several popular smartphone applications in the car, many other OEMs and automotive tier one suppliers have mulled over how to bring mobile devices and apps into the car. IHS iSuppli clearly witnessed at this year's CES such efforts, not just as innovative concepts but being realized into production.