Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Custom Research Type - Data Research Type - Insights Research by Market - Power & Energy Technology
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Building, Home & City Technology (268)
- Displays (1878)
- Enterprise & IT (831)
- Healthcare Technology (243)
- Manufacturing Technology (357)
- Media & Advertising (5770)
- Mobile & Telecom (6299)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (2666)
- Power & Energy Technology (139)
- Security Technology (372)
- Semiconductors (1341)
- Transformative Technologies (62)
- Access Control & Fire (1)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (15)
- Cloud & Data Center (6)
- Consumer Electronics (1)
- Digital Signage (1)
- Discrete & Process Automation (2)
- Electric Motor Systems (1)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (4)
- Industrial IoT, Software & Communications (1)
- Large Displays (1)
- Lighting (1)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (3)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (1)
- Memory & Storage (1)
- MEMS & Sensors (1)
- Mobile Devices (49)
- Mobile Innovation (1)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (76)
- Semiconductor Components (14)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (7)
- Semiconductor Market (9)
- Small & Medium Displays (1)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (1)
- Smart Cities (1)
- Smart Home & Appliances (10)
- Smart Utilities Infrastructure (64)
- Date Published
- Carrier Network Software Intelligence Service (2)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Cloud & Colocation Intelligence Service (4)
- COVID-19 (1)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (6)
- Data Center Networks & Automation Intelligence Service (3)
- Data Center Rack Systems Intelligence Service (6)
- Industrial IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Low Voltage Motors Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- Manufacturing Technology Vertical Intelligence Service (1)
- Multi-Tenant Data Centers Intelligence Service (4)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (12)
- Power Supply Intelligence Service - Annual (17)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Cities IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Electricity Meter Intelligence Service (4)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (2)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Smart Utility Meter Intelligence Service (55)
- Smart Water Meter Intelligence Service (9)
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) Intelligence Service (6)
- Wireless Power Intelligence Service (62)
GaN & SiC power semiconductor markets set to pass $1 billion mark in 2021July 22, 2020The emerging market for silicon carbide (SiC) and gallium nitride (GaN) power semiconductors is forecast to pass $1 billion in 2021, energized by demand from hybrid & electric vehicles, power supplies, and photovoltaic (PV) inverters.
The evolving GaN and SiC power semiconductor market landscapeJuly 22, 2020The emerging market for silicon carbide (SiC) and gallium nitride (GaN) power semiconductors is forecast to pass $1 billion in 2021, energized by demand from hybrid & electric vehicles, power supplies, and photovoltaic (PV) inverters.
Unpacking Analog Devices’ acquisition of Maxim IntegratedJuly 21, 2020On July 13, 2020 Analog Devices (Nasdaq: ADI), the 19th largest global semiconductor company, announced it had entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Maxim Integrated (Nasdaq: MXIM), the 31st largest. The merger of two down-market companies might not seem like big news, but in the world of analog integrated circuits it is indeed big news.
Wireless Power Market TrackerJune 30, 2020Find quarterly data for the fast-growing wireless power market. The Wireless Power Tracker provides you with the full view of all different market applications within a single database, including consumer, medical, industrial, automotive and public deployments.Subscribers Only
COVID-19 Impact on Smart Metering – June UpdateJune 19, 2020An update to the COVID-19 impact on smart metering markets from the Omdia Smart Utilities Infrastructure team.Subscribers Only
COVID-19 slows meter market but accelerates software spend in futureApril 30, 2020As COVID-19 halts the global economy, the Smart Buildings and Energy Infrastructure team at Omdia built a framework to assess the impact of COVID-19 to the smart metering industry in a recent white paper.
LPWAN and Cellular Technology advancements are evolving the utility conversation for connectivityFebruary 21, 2020The traditional conversation of ‘public versus private’ is outdated as technologies such as private LTE become viable options for utilities.
DistribuTECH 2020 Highlights from the Smart Utilities teamFebruary 04, 2020A focus on customer value, the challenge of creating an intelligent environment, and the rise of cybersecurity as a driver...just some of the key discussion topics from this January's show in San Antonio.
Heat metering leads the way with high adoption rate of connectivityJanuary 09, 2020Shipments of heat meters exceeded 6 million units across EMEA and Asia Pacific during 2018, with a particular focus on communicating meters.
Concerns around leakage flood water meters market with new potentialNovember 27, 2019Over 112 million water meters shipped in 2018 as communicating meters reached 25% penetration. However, it's leakage detection rather than just meter to cash that might help communications to hit 33% by 2025.
European Utility Week 2019 Highlights from the Smart Utilities Infrastructure teamNovember 19, 2019Software, services, communications and the growing presence of Chinese vendors were just some of the highlights from European Utility Week 2019.
Gas meter growth exceeds expectation in 2018October 14, 2019Over 53 million gas meters were shipped worldwide during 2018, with global growth being driven by large-scale rollouts in multiple key markets.
From Legislation to Grid Evolution – What next for AMI?July 23, 2019The electricity meter market continues the journey towards advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), with 109 million communicating meters shipping globally in 2018.
The SME and battery industry renaissance: The Dassault Systèmes perspectiveJuly 22, 2019Recently, Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company (3DS), invited IHS Markit to its annual analyst event at its headquarters located at Vélizy-Villacoublay, France.
Remote disconnect and leakage are hot topics at AWWA ACE 19June 19, 2019The 138th American Water Works Association (AWWA) ACE19 conference was held in Denver, Colorado from June 10th - 12th where IHS Markit analyst Alex Kaplan attended the event to cover the latest industry developments and technology trends.
Highlights from PCIM Europe 2019: The power semiconductor market is slowingJune 18, 2019The following insight from IHS Markit details key themes and takeaways from the PCIM Europe 2019 trade show and conference, held in Nuremberg, Germany in May.
Event debrief: PCIM Europe 2019 trade show in Nuremberg, Germany May 7 – 9June 02, 2019With the 5G market expected to start developing starting at the end of 2019, most—if not all—power-supply companies are developing solutions catering to various segments related to wider 5G applications.
Over 100 million smart meters adopt head-end software ‘as a service’April 23, 2019Meter-to-cash has historically driven initial AMI investments in both water and electricity meter markets; and after a decade of successful case-studies (especially in North America and Europe) the next generation of software and services is finally here. Vendors have always known that AMI data can do more than simply cut labor costs, but the business case and provable return on investment (ROI) has been complex despite the benefits a solution could produce.
At CERAWeek 2019, technology and energy continue to coalesce in force and presenceApril 04, 2019The interrelation of energy and technology is not new. However, CERAWeek seems primed to be at the nexus of these two disciplines in the future. I expect the increased presence of technology companies at future conferences, an even larger Agora, and a sharpened focus on transformational technologies like cloud services, IoT, AI, and robotics. This is true especially as cloud giants look to more fully penetrate markets beyond consumer and enterprise.
Light industrial UPS applications drive near-term growth, as heavy industrial UPS application growth accelerates in 2018March 27, 2019Light industrial UPS applications drive near-term growth, as heavy industrial UPS application growth accelerates in 2018