Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Research by Market - Mobile & Telecom Category - Healthcare IT Category - Semiconductor Market
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Access Control & Fire (4)
- Advertising (153)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (6)
- Cinema (31)
- Cloud & Data Center (96)
- Consumer Electronics (837)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (28)
- Digital Media (1518)
- Digital Signage (1)
- Discrete & Process Automation (7)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (1)
- Display Materials & Components (3)
- Enterprise IT Security (3)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (145)
- Games (120)
- Healthcare IT (1)
- Industrial IoT, Software & Communications (4)
- Large Displays (57)
- Lighting (2)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (104)
- Managed Services (63)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (22)
- Memory & Storage (4)
- MEMS & Sensors (27)
- Mobile Devices (670)
- Mobile Innovation (3698)
- Mobile Networks (498)
- Operators & Services (4731)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (3)
- Semiconductor Components (131)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (10)
- Semiconductor Market (82)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (2000)
- Small & Medium Displays (4)
- Smart Cities (11)
- Smart Home & Appliances (728)
- Touch & Interface (1)
- Transformative Technologies (14)
- TV Media & Content (1761)
- Video (257)
- Date Published
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (9)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- Digital Health Intelligence Service (2)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (15)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial IoT Intelligence Service (2)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (16)
- IoT Platforms Intelligence Service (2)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (12)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (12)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- OEM Semiconductor Spending & Design Activity Intelligence Service (1)
- Outsourced Manufacturing Intelligence Service (1)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Processors Intelligence Service (2)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (3)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (2)
- Smart Cities IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (35)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (25)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (28)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (9)
- Supply Chain Inventory Intelligence Service (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (2)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (22)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (59)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (13)
Entering a new decade of smartphones, Samsung unveils an all-5G-capable Galaxy S lineupFebruary 11, 2020Last year, Samsung celebrated 10 years of Galaxy flagship smartphones with the Galaxy S10 line.
Qorvo: Placing itself into the exclusive Ultra-Wide-Band chipset clubFebruary 05, 2020There is tremendous synergy among mobile, automotive, and IoT applications and much potential using UWB. Given Apple’s new U1 chip and other OEMs now looking to provide UWB solutions in their handsets, UWB solutions will become more mainstream. Qorvo has strategically placed itself in the forefront as now being one of the leading suppliers of UWB chipsets.Subscribers Only
Broadcom: Moving on from WirelessDecember 24, 2019Broadcom announced during its 2019 fourth quarter earnings announcement that it no longer regards wireless as its core business, but rather “stand-alone in nature due to their unique customers, technology and supply chain characteristics” as stated by CEO Hock Tran.Subscribers Only
Updated Competitive 5G Modem LandscapeDecember 06, 2019see attached spreadsheet for latest update to the landscape of 5G modemsSubscribers Only
No, Huawei has not completely designed out US parts from the latest Mate 30 [not just yet]December 03, 2019Several press outlets have reported that Huawei had managed to design out completely critical US components from their latest Mate 30 smartphone design. Components from companies such as Qualcomm, Skyworks and Qorvo to name a few. However, in a teardown analysis of the Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G, IHS Markit has discovered that this claim is technically incorrect, but the thematic arc of the news story still holds true.
MediaTek is Uncharacteristically Early to the 5G PartyNovember 27, 2019MediaTek announced their first 5G mobile SoC (system on a chip) this week, Dimensity1000. They also announced their partnership with Intel to bring 5G capabilities to PCs. Dell and HP have expressed their intention to incorporate MediaTek’s 5G solution in their laptops in early 2021. As a mass-market mobile chipset maker, MediaTek traditionally followed industry pioneers after a new wireless generation introduction. Consider the case with LTE; when the first chipsets arrived in 2010, MediaTek was focused on high volume 3G chipsets. Their contribution to the industry had been to democratize technology by producing lower cost chipsets to enable affordable devices.
5G: Densification Will Lead to Higher 5G Revenues in Wireless Semis, Especially in the RFFEOctober 28, 20195G is here and the ecosystem is coming together for an explosive technology transformation. In the past the consumer was the primary benefactor of each generational upgrade, but going forward, the enterprise is expected to reap the rewards of 5G and how these use cases will change the way we work and live coupling AI and 5G, collaborating with value chain players and converging technologies. However, densification and a true nationwide network is what will spur the ubiquity of 5G. As this transformation occurs, the revenues will increasingly shift into 5G supply chain.
Global semiconductor revenue dips as the chip industry wrestles with myriad challengesJuly 31, 2019Battling economic headwinds and debilitated markets, the semiconductor industry saw revenue worldwide decline by the double digits percentage-wise in the first quarter of 2019, with the outlook for the rest of the year looking equally discouraging.
2019 Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona - Cellular IoT industry facing many opportunities and challengesMarch 10, 2019At MWC Barcelona in late February, in addition to the highly covered 5G standard, the NB-IoT and the Cellular Vehicle-to-Vehicle (C-V2X) standards also demonstrated significant progress in the cellular IoT space. This article includes news summary at MWC and IHS Markit analysis that are related to the NB-IoT and the C-V2X technologies.
The importance of embedded security grows in connected microcontrollersJanuary 18, 2019The year of 2018 has been one of the worst to date in terms of both number of security breaches and the number of records that have been exposed.
Arm goes full-stack with introduction of Pelion IoT PlatformAugust 03, 2018On 2 August 2018, Arm announced the acquisition of data management firm Treasure Data and the launch/re-branding of its IoT platform as “Pelion”. It reportedly acquired Mountain View, CA-based Treasure Data for about $600 million, making it one of the largest acquisitions in Arm’s history. At a time when the large, diverse IoT platform vendor landscape is slowly starting to consolidate, and many vendors are starting to focus more narrowly on the areas where they can differentiate, Arm is taking a contrarian approach by going full-stack, and broadly-horizontal.Subscribers Only
Mobile World Congress 2018: 5G chipsets are real and launching with smartphones in time for MWC 2019March 09, 2018Latest news on the 5G chipset front from Mobile World Congress Barcelona 2018
Qualcomm Board of Directors rejects acquisition offer from Broadcom, What’s Next?November 17, 2017On Monday Broadcom’s proposal to purchase Qualcomm for $70 per share was rejected by Qualcomm’s Board of Directors a week after the offer was officially announced. The deal could have potentially created a semiconductor...
Apple and Qualcomm licensing dispute – to SEP or not to SEP?August 14, 2017On January 20, 2017 Apple filed a lawsuit against Qualcomm at the Southern District Court of California. In the lawsuit, Apple accused Qualcomm of breach of contract, violation of unfair competition laws and requested judgement on royalty rate it must pay for Qualcomm’s standard essential patents. (SEPs) Since Apple’s initial legal lawsuit, both companies filed additional lawsuits in different jurisdictions and the dispute grew into a full scale patent licensing war. This article provides summary and analysis of the licensing dispute between Apple Inc. and Qualcomm Inc.Subscribers Only
Integration and Technology Innovation Provide Opportunity and Drive Mobile RF Front End to new HighsAugust 10, 2017The smartphone is one of the most widespread and versatile devices in the modern world. It has gained immense popularity over the past decade, and now acts as a primary interface with the digital world. In some cases...
802.11ax, Wi-Fi standard for the Internet-of-ThingsFebruary 20, 2017On Monday February 13th, Qualcomm made an announcement about its upcoming 802.11ax products IPQ8074 and QCA6290. This article will include the highlights from Qualcomm’s announcement, in addition to IHS Technology’s insights and market outlook for the upcoming 802.11ax standard.Subscribers Only
Silicon Labs’ acquisition of Zentri shows how a semiconductor company can transform itself into a growing IoT companyJanuary 27, 2017On Monday January 23rd, Silicon Labs announced the acquisition of Zentri, a 20-person module and software vendor, for an undisclosed amount. This insight will provide summary and analysis of Silicon Lab’s recent acquisition.
Years in the Making, Intel modem chip finally returns to iPhoneSeptember 21, 2016After months, if not years, of whispers about a significant LTE thin modem design win, Intel’s 3rd generation XMM7360 CAT-9 modem was discovered inside certain models of the latest Apple iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. This was the first time since the iPhone 4 in 2010 that Intel (then Infineon) had a design win in the premier smartphone brand; back in a time when the iPhone was still a carrier exclusive device to AT&T.
After a weak first quarter, where is the wireless semiconductor market headed?July 07, 2016The first three months of 2016 have been more challenging than normal for wireless semiconductor suppliers. While the first quarter is typically a seasonally down period for the industry, the first three months of 2016 have...
Intel giving up on the smartphone battle to focus on the looming 5G chipset warMay 04, 2016On April 19th Intel announced a restructuring initiative aimed at accelerating the company’s shift from a PC driven business to a business which connects the cloud with the increasingly large base of smart or connected...