Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Access Control Intelligence Service - Americas (2)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - Asia-Pacific (2)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - China (2)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - EMEA (2)
- Broadband Infrastructure Intelligence Service (7)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (14)
- Broadband Media Netflix for Melvin Capital - Extract (1)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (2)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (112)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (76)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (38)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (94)
- COVID-19 (2)
- Entertainment & Video KPIs Intelligence Service (2)
- Games Intelligence Service (4)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (3)
- Home Appliance Intelligence Service (5)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (1)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (4)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (9)
- Intruder Alarms & Monitoring Services Intelligence Service - Annual (7)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (4)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (3)
- Mobile Backhaul & Microwave Intelligence Service (5)
- Mobile Infrastructure Intelligence Service (4)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (4)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (40)
- Small Cells & Carrier WiFi Intelligence Service (2)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (90)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service - Premium (88)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (3)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (3)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- US Media Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Video Media Intelligence Service (1)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (1)
- Video Surveillance & Analytics Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- Video Surveillance & Analytics Intelligence Service - Annual - Premium (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (4)
Recession-resistant residential alarm monitoring market suffers the impact of COVID-19 in 2020June 09, 2020The residential alarm monitoring market historically has been less susceptible to economic downturns than other industries, but amid the unprecedented economic carnage caused by COVID-19, even this sector is feeling the pain.
Smart Home Device Database - Brand List & ProductsMay 14, 2020This report explores various brands and product portfolios.Subscribers Only
Smart Speakers Report - COVID-19 Forecast UpdateApril 21, 2020With the COVID-19 pandemic, smart speakers could be used to identify potential cases of the virus. Although Amazon Alexa is the only speaker currently approved for health records in the USA, other speakers could be used to monitor and notify users locally, rather than using the cloud. This could be done in several ways: using audio analytics for dry cough or even using other methods to determine chest movements and other symptoms.Subscribers Only
Despite COVID-19 smart speaker market expands during 1Q20April 09, 2020According to Omdia’s latest smart speaker tracker, the North American smart speaker market increased by about 6 percent during 1Q20 compared with 1Q19.
Introduction to the Trax PlatformMarch 26, 2020This video tutorial explains how to use the Trax platform for the smart home intelligence service.Subscribers Only
Coronavirus impacts global smart home market, slashing 2020 device revenue outlook by $19.5 billionMarch 16, 2020Amid the continued fallout of the coronavirus crisis, the global smart home market is expected to fall nearly $20 billion short of revenue expectations in 2020, according to Omdia.
Surging demand for consumer security cameras and video doorbells spurs new competition, challenging market leaders Nest and ArloMarch 03, 2020The global market for do-it-yourself (DIY) standalone network security cameras is forecasted to surge by 80 percent by 2024—a rapid pace of growth that is attracting new competitors.
Asia surpasses North America to become world’s largest smart speaker marketFebruary 24, 2020Globally, more than 100 million smart speakers were shipped in 2019, up about 41 percent from 72 million in 2018. Shipments are expected to increase by an additional 36 percent in 2020.
Smart speaker market grew 96% in Q4 2019February 24, 2020According to Omdia’s latest smart speaker tracker, the North American smart speaker market grew 96% in Q4 2019 compared to Q3 2019. This includes all smart speakers using the Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple Siri platforms.
Amazon, Apple, Google Announce Joint EffortDecember 18, 2019Amazon, Apple, Google, and the Zigbee Alliance today announced a new working group that plans to develop and promote the adoption of a new, royalty-free connectivity standard to increase compatibility among smart home products, with security as a fundamental design tenet (Project Connected Home over IP).
Lack of a ‘Killer App’ not to blame for smart home woesDecember 06, 2019Over the past few weeks, there have been several blogs and press releases offering opinions on the smart home market. The primary takeaway from these articles is that the smart home is beginning to reach saturation in North America and that many manufacturers actually lack the marketing and creativity prowess to push the smart home, over the hump, to the masses.Subscribers Only
Cyber Monday - Smart home pricing trendsDecember 04, 2019Our brief analysis of Cyber Monday compared the original pricing with the discounted pricing in order to calculate discounts across 7 product types. These product types included: electronic door locks, video doorbells, smart speakers, lighting, security hubs, thermostats and consumer video security cameras. The sample size was a total of 58 product types using several sources, from manufacturer websites, Best Buy and Amazon.com.Subscribers Only
New smart home strategies to push market revenue above $192 billion in 2023September 03, 2019The fastest-growing device types in the market include lighting, smart speakers and connected major home appliances. The United States led all countries in 2018, representing about 35 percent of global market revenue. China was second, accounting for an 18 percent share.
Google Ending 'Works with Nest'May 09, 2019On Tuesday, May 7th, Google announced it will end its ‘Works with Nest’ program on August 31st, 2019.Subscribers Only
Smart home technology gains a foothold in multifamily dwelling unitsApril 30, 2019Until now, adoption of smart-home technology has been dominated by single-family, detached homes. However, with consumers becoming more educated and smart-home platforms improving their reliability, other sectors now are poised for rapid adoption, such as the multi-family dwelling unit (MDU) market. Despite this growth, penetration of smart-home technology in MDUs is expected to remain negligible during the next five years.
Arlo to Release New Video Doorbell CameraApril 25, 2019On April 25th, Arlo confirmed it will be launching a new video doorbell. Release date and pricing have not been made available.Subscribers Only
ISC West 2019 - Smart HomeApril 23, 2019ISC West is an annual security conference held in Las Vegas. According to event planners, the event boasted more than 30,000 attendees and 950 exhibitors. Of the 950 exhibitors, about 115 were associated with the connected home.Subscribers Only
Amazon Acquires Eero - Smart Home ImpactFebruary 12, 2019Amazon and eero announced on February 11th, 2019, that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement under which Amazon will acquire eero. eero’s home mesh WiFi systems set up in minutes and blanket every room of a customer’s home in high-performing, reliable WiFi.Subscribers Only
With Asia on the rise, global smart speaker revenue reached $7.9 billion in 2018February 06, 2019Smart speakers and digital assistants catapulted consumer home automation from the fringe to the mainstream. Now regions outside of North America are looking to reap the benefits of voice technology.
Smart home and appliances tackle analytics at CES 2019January 17, 2019At CES 2019, there was no shortage of exciting news and buzz for smart home and appliances. Lighting, security cameras, software integrations and voice assistants took center stage in smart home announcements, while for appliances, the big news was on displays, artificial intelligence (AI) and guided cooking.