Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Access Control Intelligence Service - Americas (19)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - Annual (29)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - Asia-Pacific (20)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - China (20)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - EMEA (20)
- Broadband Infrastructure Intelligence Service (7)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (14)
- Broadband Media Netflix for Melvin Capital - Extract (1)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (17)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (5)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (38)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (17)
- COVID-19 (1)
- Entertainment & Video KPIs Intelligence Service (1)
- Games Intelligence Service (4)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (1)
- Home Appliance Intelligence Service (2)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (1)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (4)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Intruder Alarms & Monitoring Services Intelligence Service - Annual (6)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile Backhaul & Microwave Intelligence Service (5)
- Mobile Infrastructure Intelligence Service (4)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (4)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (14)
- Small Cells & Carrier WiFi Intelligence Service (2)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (21)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service - Premium (17)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- US Media Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (1)
- Video Surveillance & Analytics Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- Video Surveillance & Analytics Intelligence Service - Annual - Premium (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (1)
Recession-resistant residential alarm monitoring market suffers the impact of COVID-19 in 2020June 09, 2020The residential alarm monitoring market historically has been less susceptible to economic downturns than other industries, but amid the unprecedented economic carnage caused by COVID-19, even this sector is feeling the pain.
Coronavirus impacts global smart home market, slashing 2020 device revenue outlook by $19.5 billionMarch 16, 2020Amid the continued fallout of the coronavirus crisis, the global smart home market is expected to fall nearly $20 billion short of revenue expectations in 2020, according to Omdia.
Lack of a ‘Killer App’ not to blame for smart home woesDecember 06, 2019Over the past few weeks, there have been several blogs and press releases offering opinions on the smart home market. The primary takeaway from these articles is that the smart home is beginning to reach saturation in North America and that many manufacturers actually lack the marketing and creativity prowess to push the smart home, over the hump, to the masses.Subscribers Only
Google Ending 'Works with Nest'May 09, 2019On Tuesday, May 7th, Google announced it will end its ‘Works with Nest’ program on August 31st, 2019.Subscribers Only
ISC West 2019 - Smart HomeApril 23, 2019ISC West is an annual security conference held in Las Vegas. According to event planners, the event boasted more than 30,000 attendees and 950 exhibitors. Of the 950 exhibitors, about 115 were associated with the connected home.Subscribers Only
ADT acquires LifeShieldFebruary 12, 2019ADT on Monday, February 11th, announced that it has acquired LifeShield, in a deal valued at approximately $25 million.Subscribers Only
Amazon Acquires Eero - Smart Home ImpactFebruary 12, 2019Amazon and eero announced on February 11th, 2019, that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement under which Amazon will acquire eero. eero’s home mesh WiFi systems set up in minutes and blanket every room of a customer’s home in high-performing, reliable WiFi.Subscribers Only
Smart home and appliances tackle analytics at CES 2019January 17, 2019At CES 2019, there was no shortage of exciting news and buzz for smart home and appliances. Lighting, security cameras, software integrations and voice assistants took center stage in smart home announcements, while for appliances, the big news was on displays, artificial intelligence (AI) and guided cooking.
Alexa Guard makes waves for DIY security and insurance (but only a ripple for security providers)September 24, 2018Announced last week by Amazon, Alexa Guard turns any Amazon Echo into a security device, using what the company calls “guard mode.” Once in guard mode, Echo devices will send an alert and audio recording to the user’s mobile phone, if it “hears” the sound of breaking glass or if a smoke alarm or carbon-dioxide detector is triggered.
Apple Watch 4 Impact on PERSSeptember 14, 2018The announcement from Apple could have an impact on the personal emergency response system (PERS) market for more tech-savvy seniors.Subscribers Only
Turbulence hits the $12.5 billion alarm monitoring marketMay 07, 2018Despite the increased pressure from do-it-yourself (DIY) systems, the professional alarm-monitoring market is expected to thrive over the next five years, as connected systems supersede traditional alarm-monitoring systems. Traditional alarm monitoring in the Americas region is expected to continue to expand in 2018, but it will start to decline in 2019, as more systems are converted into web-connected offerings.
Amazon is mobilizing against the security industryApril 27, 2018Amazon has been offering security packages to select cities and states in the United States since around December 2017, albeit somewhat under the radar. The company’s security offerings include a smart package, smartest package, indoor base, outdoor base and outdoor plus. Prices for the packages vary from $240 to $840.
ISC West 2018 – Smart homeApril 17, 2018This year’s conference did not disappoint. The floor was very busy the first two days and the connected home section seemed to be much larger than in 2017.Subscribers Only
Disruption coming to professional smart home marketMarch 21, 2017Alarm.com and Comcast’s acquisition of Icontrol, finalized March 8th, will make for stiff competition in the coming years for other providers of professional home automation systems. Although Comcast is a telecom, and telecoms often get poor customer service reviews, this has not slowed its growth as a home automation and security provider.
The Ramification of the ADT PurchaseFebruary 29, 2016In mid-February, Apollo Global Management announced its intention to purchase ADT Corp for just under $7 Billion. Tim Hewitt, IHS senior analyst, comments on the ramifications of the proposed purchase
Smart-Home Security Hype WaningNovember 10, 2015What used to be a fairly straightforward (but regulated) industry is now increasingly convoluted. Since multi-system operators (MSOs) began offering security solutions in 2010, the residential security industry has been flooded with new products, solutions, protocols, marketing messages and new partnerships. Although these are all ingredients for a potential paradigm shift, the dust hasn’t yet settled.