Selected Clear AllResearch by Market - Automotive Technology Research by Market - Transformative Technologies Category - Mobile Devices
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Building, Home & City Technology (13)
- Displays (117)
- Enterprise & IT (122)
- Healthcare Technology (41)
- Manufacturing Technology (12)
- Media & Advertising (465)
- Mobile & Telecom (930)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (1778)
- Power & Energy Technology (77)
- Security Technology (8)
- Semiconductors (713)
- Transformative Technologies (10)
- Access Control & Fire (14)
- Advertising (3)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (10)
- Cinema (2)
- Cloud & Data Center (11)
- Consumer Electronics (25)
- Critical Communications (3)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (7)
- Digital Media (3)
- Digital Signage (3)
- Discrete & Process Automation (16)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (6)
- Display Materials & Components (9)
- Electric Motor Systems (5)
- Enterprise IT Security (4)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (12)
- Games (4)
- Healthcare IT (5)
- Industrial IoT, Software & Communications (6)
- Large Displays (7)
- Lighting (3)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (48)
- Managed Services (15)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (9)
- Memory & Storage (7)
- MEMS & Sensors (24)
- Mobile Devices (24)
- Mobile Innovation (1958)
- Mobile Networks (18)
- Operators & Services (1940)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (8)
- Semiconductor Components (75)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (9)
- Semiconductor Market (19)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (13)
- Small & Medium Displays (12)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (9)
- Smart Cities (5)
- Smart Home & Appliances (22)
- Smart Utilities Infrastructure (4)
- Touch & Interface (4)
- Transformative Technologies (100)
- TV Media & Content (3)
- Video (2)
- Video Surveillance (5)
- Date Published
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (2)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- COVID-19 (1)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (1)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (2)
- MEMS & Sensors Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- OEM Semiconductor Spending & Design Activity Intelligence Service (1)
- Outsourced Manufacturing Intelligence Service (1)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Processors Intelligence Service (2)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (4)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (5)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (5)
- Supply Chain Inventory Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Power Intelligence Service (2)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (5)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (2)
Connecting the Dots: Key Strategic Opportunities in a Post-COVID-19 WorldJune 11, 2020This market report examines the impact of COVID-19 on IoT adoption across vertical markets and provides a look at initial responses to the pandemic from key companies throughout the IoT ecosystem.Subscribers Only
Criticality of 5G Modem to RF Integration; A look inside Samsung Galaxy S20 UltraApril 28, 2020Teardown analysis of 2nd generation 5G modem and RF design highlights the importance to modem to antenna integration
Google's custom mobile SoC ambitions clears up mystery behind NPU chipsets in existing PixelsApril 15, 2020Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google, has been preaching an “AI-first” approach to their mobile go-to-market strategy for a while now. If we look inside the hardware designs of Pixel phones from the Pixel 2 to the current Pixel 4, what we found puzzling is the inclusion of a discrete NPU chip.
OnePlus continues 5G hit parade with new flagships models as well as mmWave version for VerizonApril 14, 2020Using a remote live streaming venue instead of the pre-COVID in-person press conference, OnePlus today announced the follow up to their flagship model, the all-5G-capable OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. The introduction was not unexpected as last year’s OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro (as well as the 6 series the year before that) was introduced in the same month of April. For OnePlus, their April flagship has become a tradition of sorts; just as predictable as those of Samsung, Huawei and Apple. For OnePlus, the appeal of the no-frills/high specification/lower cost premium designs have attracted a loyal following of youthful and tech-savvy consumers. More notable at today’s announcement was OnePlus win with another major US carrier - Verizon (in addition to last year with T-Mobile). Any new brands making it to the premium lineup of a US carrier is a big deal given the long history of failed attempts (i.e. Amazon, Sony and Essential). This implicit support by another major carrier to carrier OnePlus devices in ultra-premium segment speaks volumes about the successes OnePlus has achieved over the past several years.
Introducing Omdia: Informa Tech launches new research powerhouse following acquisition of the majority of IHS Markit’s technology, media and telecommunications research business to connect the dots for customers across the tech industryOmdia will replace all existing brands within Informa Tech’s research businesses, including Ovum, Heavy Reading and Tractica.February 05, 2020Informa Tech today announces the forthcoming launch of a new technology research powerhouse, Omdia, on Feb. 20, 2020.
IHS Markit | Technology Announces Innovation Award Winners at ShowStoppers @ CES 2020 in Las VegasJanuary 16, 2020IHS Markit | Technology, now a part of Informa Tech, today announced the winners of the IHS Markit Innovation Awards. Presented at the ShowStoppers® @ CES press event on Tuesday, January 7, 2020 in Las Vegas, the awards showcased the most innovative technology products submitted by event exhibitors.
Ovum and IHS Markit | Technology analyst teams available for media commentary on the Made by Google eventOctober 10, 2019To assist journalists covering the manifold storylines emerging at Made by Google, IHS Markit | Technology along with Ovum—now both a part of Informa Tech—are making their analyst teams available for media commentary.
In 5G smartphone designs, RF Front-End graduates from traditional supporting role to co-star with modemAugust 28, 2019In our continuing series looking at early 5G smartphone hardware designs, we now turn our attention to the 5G RF Front End (RFFE) section of the core electronics. Of the six OEMs with 5G smartphones IHS Markit has sampled thus far, five of them feature a common design theme at the RFFE section; a complete 5G RFFE solution provided by Qualcomm. This vote of confidence in Qualcomm speaks not only to their critical role as a major supplier of modems but also to their growing expertise in bringing an industry-first modem-to-antenna solution to market, beating out incumbent RFFE component providers and disrupting the RFFE market in 5G.
Early adopters lead in ownership of VR headsets, smartwatches and smart speakersAugust 27, 2019Early adopters in various economies are dominating demand for leading-edge electronics devices, with these elite consumers owning 61 percent of all virtual reality (VR) headsets, 49 percent of all smartwatches and 43 percent of all smart speakers, according to a multinational survey conducted by IHS Markit.
Global semiconductor revenue dips as the chip industry wrestles with myriad challengesJuly 31, 2019Battling economic headwinds and debilitated markets, the semiconductor industry saw revenue worldwide decline by the double digits percentage-wise in the first quarter of 2019, with the outlook for the rest of the year looking equally discouraging.
2019 Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona - Cellular IoT industry facing many opportunities and challengesMarch 10, 2019At MWC Barcelona in late February, in addition to the highly covered 5G standard, the NB-IoT and the Cellular Vehicle-to-Vehicle (C-V2X) standards also demonstrated significant progress in the cellular IoT space. This article includes news summary at MWC and IHS Markit analysis that are related to the NB-IoT and the C-V2X technologies.
The importance of embedded security grows in connected microcontrollersJanuary 18, 2019The year of 2018 has been one of the worst to date in terms of both number of security breaches and the number of records that have been exposed.
IoT Vertical Research PackagesSeptember 18, 2018
IHS Markit Survey Finds Continued Interest in Premium Audio Technology in New VehiclesAugust 29, 2017Branded audio system volumes in new vehicles are expected to grow from just under 11 million units globally in 2016 to 14 million units in 2023, according to new vehicle production forecasts for these systems from IHS Markit.
Automotive Touch Screen Shipments to Top 50 Million Units in 2017, IHS Markit SaysMay 30, 2017With consumers already accustomed with using smartphones and tablet PCs in their everyday lives, touch screens are now increasingly making their way into their vehicles, too.
New Report from IHS Markit Names Top Four Trends Driving the Internet of Things (IoT) in 2017 and BeyondJanuary 24, 2017Fueled by lightning-fast demand for ubiquitous connectivity, the number of connected Internet of Things (IoT) devices globally will jump by 15 percent year-over-year to 20 billion in 2017, according to new analysis from IHS Markit.
Acquisition of Broadcom’s IoT business adds much needed WiFi capability to Cypress SemiconductorMay 09, 2016Cypress Semiconductor announced that it will acquire Broadcom’s wireless Internet of Things (IoT) business in a $550 million transaction. The deal was announced on Thursday, April 28.Subscribers Only
CES 2016: Does your state support innovation?January 19, 2016The Consumer Technology Association (CTA), continues to advance its agenda to support growth and development in the technology sector. To this end, a billboard positioned in one of the main lobbies was eye catching. It announced the creation of a “State Innovation Scorecard.”
Apple's latest iPhone reflects and leads sensor hub trendsDecember 15, 2015Sensor hubs are an important part of mid to high end smartphones. This is in line with increasing demands of sensors in smartphones, such as always on sensors (motion and audio) and tight battery constraints. The two main approaches to sensor hubs so far have been discrete MCUs and low power cores or processing elements integrated into application processors. Up to 2015, Samsung and Apple are the leaders in MCU adoption for sensor processing in their smartphones. While Qualcomm is leading supplier of application processor integrated sensor processing solutions with its Hexagon DSP. Apple’s iPhone 6S heralds the direction sensor hubs will take in smartphones from the high end all the way to the low end in coming years. For more please log in to your account.Subscribers Only
Hyundai-Kia join the trend towards wireless electric vehicle chargingJuly 13, 2015• Over 100,000 vehicles with wireless electric vehicle charging technology to be sold globally between now and 2022. • Five other top ten automotive manufacturers (Toyota, Volkswagen, Ford, Chevrolet and Mercedes-Benz ) globally have started fitting, or announced plans to start fitting, wireless charging technology into their vehicle range.