Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Consumer Electronics (12)
- Digital Media (14)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (3)
- Display Materials & Components (2)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (1)
- Games (1)
- Large Displays (13)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (5)
- Mobile Devices (16)
- Mobile Innovation (16)
- Mobile Networks (7)
- Operators & Services (11)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (11)
- Small & Medium Displays (2)
- Smart Home & Appliances (9)
- TV Media & Content (11)
- Video (1)
- Africa and Middle East (2)
- Americas (2)
- Asia (2)
- Asia Pacific (4)
- Australia (3)
- Brazil (1)
- Canada (3)
- Central and Eastern Europe (2)
- China (12)
- EMEA (1)
- Europe (2)
- France (2)
- Germany (2)
- Global (2)
- Italy (1)
- Japan (6)
- North America (15)
- Russia (1)
- Saudi Arabia (1)
- South and Central America (1)
- South Korea (7)
- Spain (1)
- Sweden (1)
- Switzerland (1)
- Taiwan (4)
- UAE (1)
- UK (14)
- USA (24)
- Western Europe (9)
- World (4)
- Date Published
- AMOLED & Flexible Display Intelligence Service (2)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (11)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (8)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (4)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (11)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (8)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (3)
- Digital Health Intelligence Service (2)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service (7)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service - Premium (8)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (4)
- Displays Market Trackers - Historical Issues for Samsung (1)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Games Intelligence Service (2)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Healthcare Equipment Intelligence Service (3)
- Healthcare IT Research Package (1)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (2)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile PC Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (8)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (7)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (10)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (2)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (17)
- Tablet and Notebook Display & OEM Intelligence Service (3)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (5)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (6)
- Ultrasound Intelligence Service (5)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (5)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (2)
- X-Ray Intelligence Service (3)
Apple recommits to tablet market with iPad ProSeptember 10, 2015iPad Pro features: - Largest iPad screen to date, at 12.9-inches a full 3-inches larger than the iPad Air 2 - Retina performance, 5.6 million pixels, more than the MacBook Retina Pro - New 64 –bit A9X System on Chip (SoC), faster than 80% of current portable PCs - Faster graphics than 90% of portable PCs - New 4 speaker audio system with 3X the volume of the iPad Air 2, reorients with rotation - New Apple Pencil and full size, Smart Keyboard expand input options - iPad Pro, Apple Pencil, and Smart Keyboard go on sale in November of 2015 Apple also announced: - New iPad mini 4, with performance to match the iPad Air 2 - No changes to iPad Air 2 in this announcement.Subscribers Only
Smartphone OEMs will dominate the smartwatch marketJuly 10, 2015This report looks at smartphone OEMs’ approaches to the nascent smartwatch market. Strategies vary from brand specific to platform agnostic. Smartwatch success will hinge on the smartphone industry and how it evolves.Subscribers Only
Barclaycard’s UK wearable payment plans will struggle to compete with Apple PayJuly 01, 2015Barclaycard, the UK card issuer of the Barclays banking group, is relaunching its bPay contactless payments system in July with three new NFC devices: an updated wristband, key fobs and stickers. The service allows users from any bank with a UK-registered Visa or Master debit or credit card to add money to a pre-paid account online, from its mobile app, or set up auto top-up. At launch, payments will be limited to £20 but will rise to £30 in September when UK limits are raised.
EE's new 4GEE Action Cam will only appeal to a niche marketJune 12, 2015EE is not the first company to try and market a camera as an accessory to a mobile consumer. HTC launched its Re camera last year, Sony had its attachable QX series lenses, and GoPro has been making action cameras since 2009. EE is looking to ride the buzz that live streaming apps Periscope and Meerkat have generated. However, the lack of public broadcasting...
Smartwatch Forecast 2015-2020: Apple’s Competitors Will Benefit if Apple Watch SucceedsMay 06, 20152015 will be the year where smartwatch adoptions will gain traction. In this report, IHS looks at the challenges that manufacturers will need to address in order to be successful in this nascent market.Subscribers Only
[Display Dynamics] CES 2015: Quantum dot TV - Samsung concealed while LG revealedFebruary 04, 2015In CES 2015, regarding quantum dot applied TVs - a hot keyword of 2014 - Samsung Electronics included them under the SUHD TV lineup, and LG Electronics advertised them under the name Color Prime TV, as a product level lower than OLED TV.
[Display Dynamics] Three issues surrounding the AMOLED market in 2015January 16, 2015In 2014, the AMOLED panel industry was apparently baffled by an unexpected dip in demand. Many of the flagship smartphones featuring AMOLED were not welcome in the market, and AMOLED for TVs and tablets, though launched as an ambitious bid, also fell flat due to its weak price competitiveness not matching up to that of liquid crystal display (LCD). That is why the year 2015 is going to be a very important year for the AMOLED panel industry. First of all, it would need to regain the lost pride in the smartphone panel market and strengthen the price competitiveness of the AMOLED for TV and tablet use.
[Display Dynamics] “Soluble” AMOLED technology, optimal method for large-sized AMOLED TVJanuary 01, 2015Whether it be WOLED or “soluble” AMOLED, in order to enter the AMOLED TV market, many technical issues must first be addressed. As of now, there is no way to be sure that these issues will be addressed nor about the exact timing. Still, one thing is clear that if it takes too long to address the issues, the chances of the AMOLED TV being well received in the market as a promising product will fall greatly.
[Display Dynamics] TFT-LCD chemical materials market remains robust on growth of Chinese panel makers - Part 1: 4 Key TFT materialsNovember 09, 2014Markets for the four core chemical materials - photoresist, etchant, stripper and developer - that are used to manufacture TFT arrays are expected to remain robust on the growth of the LCD market. LCD process development has been almost completed with no further innovations expected. Thus, it is safe to say the industry doesn’t contain many variables in terms of changes in the market trends. Yet, in line with the growth in the Chinese LCD industry, this is becoming an opportunity for the companies within the supply chain.
Tesco releases Hudl 2October 16, 2014Tesco, one of the world’s largest retailers, has launched its second tablet, the Hudl 2. Hudl 2 features an 8.3-inch high definition display, upgraded sound from Dolby Audio, and an Intel quad-core processor.Subscribers Only
BBC iPlayer data reveals consumer preference for tablet-based viewingApril 30, 2014BBC iPlayer video consumption on tablets has now reached parity with viewing on the PC. Data from the UK public broadcaster shows that in March 2014, 29% of iPlayer video requests were initated from PCs, with a further 29% initiated from tablets.
Enhancing user experience in tablets for entertainment: Sony Xperia Z2 and Huawei’s MediaPad X1 and MediaPad M1April 02, 2014A new line of tablets for consumers has been released including Sony's Xperia 10.1 inch tablet and two tablets with smartphone capability by Huawei, the MediaPad X1 and the MediaPad M1.
Tesco sells more than 400,000 Hudl tablets in three monthsJanuary 13, 2014Tesco, one of the world’s largest retailers, has sold more than 400,000 of its Hudl tablet in the three months following its launch on 30th September 2013.
UK retailer Tesco launches Hudl tabletOctober 03, 2013Tesco, one of the world's largest retailers, has launched its own tablet, the Hudl, and according to the supermarket chain, has sold 35,000 of the devices in the two days following launch. The Hudl is being...
The Galaxy Gear smartwatch is a bold experiment and a new kind of smart accessorySeptember 05, 2013The Galaxy Gear is a statement of intent by Samsung that if the smartwatch category is to prove successful, then Samsung will be one of the winners. Samsung has done an outstanding job securing a wide range of apps for the Galaxy Gear launch. But this ini
Amazon Releases Kindle PaperwhiteSeptember 04, 2013Online retail giant Amazon has introduced its newest ereader, the Kindle Paperwhite. The Paperwhite will be available in both WiFi and 3G versions, with the 3G available on September 30, 2013 in the...
Google Play TV shows land in the UKAugust 01, 2013Google has added retail TV series to the UK Google Play store. The purchased TV content can be played via the PC browser or through the Google Play application on Android devices and offers...
Google and Asus Refresh Nexus 7July 25, 2013Google and Asus have released the second generation of their Nexus 7 tablet. The tablet, will be available to buy in the U.S. from July 30th through the Google Play Store and a number of leading U.S....
Barnes and Noble boldly brings Google Play apps to Nook tabletsMay 06, 2013US bookseller Barnes and Noble (B&N) has partnered Google to bring its Google Play content store alongside Google Maps, YouTube, and Google Music services to its range of Nook HD and Nook HD+...
Apple's results demonstrate where it has sustainable differentiationApril 23, 2013Apple reported its results first the first calendar quarter of 2013. Operational metrics remains strong while financial performance slipped very slightly.IHS believes Apple has four assets that will deliver sustainable differentiation in the future, notab