Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Consumer Electronics (28)
- Digital Media (32)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (3)
- Display Materials & Components (2)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (1)
- Games (1)
- Large Displays (29)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (1)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (6)
- Mobile Devices (33)
- Mobile Innovation (33)
- Mobile Networks (10)
- Operators & Services (19)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (26)
- Small & Medium Displays (2)
- Smart Home & Appliances (20)
- TV Media & Content (26)
- Video (2)
- Africa and Middle East (3)
- Americas (2)
- Asia (2)
- Asia Pacific (5)
- Australia (3)
- Brazil (1)
- Canada (3)
- Central and Eastern Europe (3)
- China (13)
- EMEA (1)
- Europe (3)
- Finland (1)
- France (2)
- Germany (2)
- Global (2)
- Italy (1)
- Japan (6)
- North America (16)
- Russia (1)
- Saudi Arabia (1)
- South and Central America (2)
- South Korea (7)
- Spain (1)
- Sweden (1)
- Switzerland (1)
- Taiwan (4)
- UAE (1)
- UK (15)
- USA (25)
- Vietnam (1)
- Western Europe (10)
- World (5)
- Date Published
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (26)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (23)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (10)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (17)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (23)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (3)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service (7)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service - Premium (8)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (4)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Games Intelligence Service (2)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Healthcare Equipment Intelligence Service (3)
- Healthcare IT Research Package (3)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (2)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (2)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile PC Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (10)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (8)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (10)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (12)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (2)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (28)
- Tablet and Notebook Display & OEM Intelligence Service (1)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (3)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (17)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (19)
- Ultrasound Intelligence Service (4)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (6)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (2)
- X-Ray Intelligence Service (4)
Apple recommits to tablet market with iPad ProSeptember 10, 2015iPad Pro features: - Largest iPad screen to date, at 12.9-inches a full 3-inches larger than the iPad Air 2 - Retina performance, 5.6 million pixels, more than the MacBook Retina Pro - New 64 –bit A9X System on Chip (SoC), faster than 80% of current portable PCs - Faster graphics than 90% of portable PCs - New 4 speaker audio system with 3X the volume of the iPad Air 2, reorients with rotation - New Apple Pencil and full size, Smart Keyboard expand input options - iPad Pro, Apple Pencil, and Smart Keyboard go on sale in November of 2015 Apple also announced: - New iPad mini 4, with performance to match the iPad Air 2 - No changes to iPad Air 2 in this announcement.Subscribers Only
Apple extends Apple Watch retail presence with Best Buy dealJuly 29, 2015Allowing Best Buy to stock the Apple Watch could expand Apple’s footprint to over 1200 retail locations. Best Buy has over 1000 stores in the United States, which is more than Apple’s 267 shops.. The initial agreement however only includes 300 stores in 2015. As a highly personal product with many strap options, potential customers...
Barclaycard’s UK wearable payment plans will struggle to compete with Apple PayJuly 01, 2015Barclaycard, the UK card issuer of the Barclays banking group, is relaunching its bPay contactless payments system in July with three new NFC devices: an updated wristband, key fobs and stickers. The service allows users from any bank with a UK-registered Visa or Master debit or credit card to add money to a pre-paid account online, from its mobile app, or set up auto top-up. At launch, payments will be limited to £20 but will rise to £30 in September when UK limits are raised.
EE's new 4GEE Action Cam will only appeal to a niche marketJune 12, 2015EE is not the first company to try and market a camera as an accessory to a mobile consumer. HTC launched its Re camera last year, Sony had its attachable QX series lenses, and GoPro has been making action cameras since 2009. EE is looking to ride the buzz that live streaming apps Periscope and Meerkat have generated. However, the lack of public broadcasting...
[Display Dynamics] CES 2015: Quantum dot TV - Samsung concealed while LG revealedFebruary 04, 2015In CES 2015, regarding quantum dot applied TVs - a hot keyword of 2014 - Samsung Electronics included them under the SUHD TV lineup, and LG Electronics advertised them under the name Color Prime TV, as a product level lower than OLED TV.
[Display Dynamics] Three issues surrounding the AMOLED market in 2015January 16, 2015In 2014, the AMOLED panel industry was apparently baffled by an unexpected dip in demand. Many of the flagship smartphones featuring AMOLED were not welcome in the market, and AMOLED for TVs and tablets, though launched as an ambitious bid, also fell flat due to its weak price competitiveness not matching up to that of liquid crystal display (LCD). That is why the year 2015 is going to be a very important year for the AMOLED panel industry. First of all, it would need to regain the lost pride in the smartphone panel market and strengthen the price competitiveness of the AMOLED for TV and tablet use.
[Display Dynamics] “Soluble” AMOLED technology, optimal method for large-sized AMOLED TVJanuary 01, 2015Whether it be WOLED or “soluble” AMOLED, in order to enter the AMOLED TV market, many technical issues must first be addressed. As of now, there is no way to be sure that these issues will be addressed nor about the exact timing. Still, one thing is clear that if it takes too long to address the issues, the chances of the AMOLED TV being well received in the market as a promising product will fall greatly.
[Display Dynamics] TFT-LCD chemical materials market remains robust on growth of Chinese panel makers - Part 1: 4 Key TFT materialsNovember 09, 2014Markets for the four core chemical materials - photoresist, etchant, stripper and developer - that are used to manufacture TFT arrays are expected to remain robust on the growth of the LCD market. LCD process development has been almost completed with no further innovations expected. Thus, it is safe to say the industry doesn’t contain many variables in terms of changes in the market trends. Yet, in line with the growth in the Chinese LCD industry, this is becoming an opportunity for the companies within the supply chain.
Apple’s iPad family grows with two new offerings and a growing suite of optionsOctober 17, 2014Apple is expanding its iPad offerings with the launch of two new iPads, adding to a line that includes several generations of earlier models.Subscribers Only
Tesco releases Hudl 2October 16, 2014Tesco, one of the world’s largest retailers, has launched its second tablet, the Hudl 2. Hudl 2 features an 8.3-inch high definition display, upgraded sound from Dolby Audio, and an Intel quad-core processor.Subscribers Only
Hewlett Packard releases new line of tablets and laptopsOctober 02, 2014Hewlett Packard (HP) released two new tablet computers, part of the HP Stream series, which also includes two laptop computers.Subscribers Only
Apple risks new categories with iPhone 6 phablet and Apple WatchSeptember 09, 2014Apple launches its first wearable -- the Apple Watch -- as well as revitalizing its iPhone range and moving into mobile payments with Apple Pay. Apple's bold new products depend on the continued success of the iPhone to succeed, but with a 2015 availability data, Apple has many things still to do to finish its first generation smartwatch.
Nook Media and Samsung partner to launch the Galaxy Tab 4 NookAugust 22, 2014Nook Media, a Barnes and Noble subsidiary, and Samsung teamed up to develop a co-branded 7-inch Android tablet on Samsung’s hardware with a customized version of Barnes and Noble’s proprietary Nook software running on top of the Android operating system.
AT&T sees new mobile opportunities with Timex's Ironman cellular smartwatchAugust 07, 2014Timex has announced its first 3G-enabled smartwatch, the Ironman One GPS+, and it will work as a standalone device with cellular connectivity. It features four hardware buttons and a touch screen. The smartwatch features a 1.5-inch low power Mirasol colour display and runs on Qualcomm’s Brew platform. It has 4GB of in-built storage and Bluetooth connectivity. Timex claims...
Apple iPad Sales declineAugust 06, 2014Apple has reported that iPad sales declined 9.2% year on year (YoY). This is the second of two consecutive YoY declines but it is less severe than the 16.1% drop between Q1 2013 to Q1 in 2014.
Amazon introduces Kindle UnlimitedJuly 21, 2014Amazon, the online retail giant, has launched an eBook subscription offer, Kindle Unlimited. The $9.99 per month service allows customers access to over 600,000 Kindle books and thousands of audiobooks.
DirecTV to offer streaming NFL Sunday Ticket to non-subscribersJuly 18, 2014DirecTV is to begin offering NFLSundayTicket.tv, which will allow non-DirecTV subscribers access to NFL Sunday Ticket via laptops, tablets, smartphones, and gaming consoles.
Spotify hits 10m paying subscribers globallyMay 23, 2014Spotify now has 10 million paying subscribers and over 40 million active listeners globally. In March 2013 the company reported 6 million paying subscribers, indicating substantial growth for Spotify over the last year.
Microsoft unveils Surface Pro 3May 22, 2014Microsoft unveiled its newest Surface tablet, the Surface Pro 3. The latest Surface model features a 12-inch, 2,160 x 1,440 liquid crystal display (LCD) and an integrated, adjustable kickstand. The tablet is 9.1mm thick, 14% thinner than...
BBC iPlayer data reveals consumer preference for tablet-based viewingApril 30, 2014BBC iPlayer video consumption on tablets has now reached parity with viewing on the PC. Data from the UK public broadcaster shows that in March 2014, 29% of iPlayer video requests were initated from PCs, with a further 29% initiated from tablets.