Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Advertising Intelligence Service (5)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (7)
- Broadband Media Netflix for Melvin Capital - Extract (2)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (1)
- Cinema Intelligence Service (1)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (3)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (62)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (3)
- Digital Health Intelligence Service (1)
- Games Intelligence Service (6)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (19)
- Home Appliance Intelligence Service (1)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Infrastructure Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Location Intelligence Service (formerly Portable & LBS) (1)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (4)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (10)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (2)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (4)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (5)
- Tablet & Notebook PC Intelligence Service (1)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (4)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (1)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Wearable Technology Intelligence Service (1)
Digital Assistants & Artificial Intelligence (AI) Report - 2017May 17, 2017Digital assistant and artificial intelligence (AI)-enabled services are gathering momentum across the technology, media and telecom industries. These services are creating new forms of user interface (UI) and require device makers, media companies, consumer platforms, service providers and smart home vendors to adapt and develop new strategies.Subscribers Only
Nintendo extends mobile presence with Super Mario for iPhoneSeptember 08, 2016Nintendo unveiled Super Mario Run, its first full mobile game using its own IP, alongside the launch of Apple’s latest iPhone and Apple Watch devices. Available as a paid download, the app is already featured in Apple’s App Store where interested users can sign up to be notified when the title is launched. Super Mario Run features Nintendo’s best known character in an endless runner game with three modes including: simple courses; a rally challenge mode; and a “create your own kingdom” area. At the same event, Nintendo partner Niantic announced that it will bring its hugely popular Pokemon Go title to the Apple Watch.
Video is the future of TV appsAugust 30, 2016Beyond video apps and services, many of the first wave of TV apps have been built out of existing smartphone apps. The TV apps environment presents developers with a number of new challenges.Subscribers Only
Tencent acquires majority Supercell stake in record mobile games dealJune 21, 2016A group led by Chinese internet company Tencent has agreed to acquire an 84 percent stake in Finland-based mobile games developer Supercell for $8.6 billion. The stake, acquired from Japan’s Softbank, values Supercell at $10.2 billion. Following the close of the deal, Tencent expects to hold a voting interest worth 50 percent of the new controlling consortium. Supercell’s existing management will continue to lead the company.
Consumers spend $57bn on Digital Games, Movies, and Apps - IHS & App Annie Digital Content ReportFebruary 19, 2014IHS Technology is partnering with app industry analytics specialists App Annie to produce a report analysing trends in the digital games, movies, music, and apps industries globally and in seven key countries: USA, UK, Japan, South Korea, Japan, Russia, France and Germany. Overall digital games, movies, and app spend was up 30% in 2013 reaching $57bn globally.
Softbank & GungHo take $1.5 billion Supercell stake in largest mobile games dealOctober 16, 2013Japanese telecoms operator Softbank and Japanese games developer GungHo OnLine Entertainment have acquired a 51% stake in Finnish mobile-games developer Supercell for $1.53 billion. As part of the deal...
Facebook launches mobile games publishing plansJuly 30, 2013Facebook has officially unveiled its mobile games publishing plans. The social network will provide support for monetisation, advertising, analytics, and cross-platform integration in a pilot scheme aimed at...