Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Broadband Infrastructure Intelligence Service (1)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (1)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (5)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (2)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (1)
STMicroelectronics to discontinue STB and home gateway SoC research & development as part of a restructuring moveFebruary 12, 2016Geneva-based electronics and semiconductor manufacturer STMicroelectronics will stop developing new set-top box (STB) and home gateway products. This is expected to save approximately $170million annually. STMicroelectronics will focus on automotive technology, industrial and smart home/smart cities products.
Swisscom moves multiscreen platform to the main TV screenApril 30, 2014Swisscom has launched a new iteration of its IPTV service, which it has branded TV 2.0. The next generation TV experience employs a set-top box with Android-based Teatro-3.5 software platform from Switzerland’s i-Wedia, and supports network DVR. The box uses Verimatrix VCAS and Microsoft PlayReady for content protection. The STB is powered by Marvell’s ARMADA 1500 Plus system-on-a-chip (SoC), and is 802.11ac Wi-Fi-enabled.