Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (5)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (6)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (5)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (6)
- Games Intelligence Service (1)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (2)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (5)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (9)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (4)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (4)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (4)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (2)
TV Sets Intelligence Service - PremiumSolidify your competitive position in the global TV sets market. The TV Sets Intelligence Service – Premium delivers TV set industry analysis and data on all key video and display components inside every major brand and type of TV, such as 4K and curved screens.Subscribers Only
Netflix goes Ultra High DefinitionApril 09, 2014Netflix has started streaming content in Ultra HD (UHD), branded as Ultra HD 4K. UHD is approximately 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Netflix is streaming UHD content as its highest bandwidth profile at 15.6 Mbps, referenced on Netflix’s in-app player as 2160 HD. UHD streaming has currently only been rolled out for House of Cards season two. The video stream is compressed using next generation h.265/HEVC, therefore requiring both an HEVC decoder, as well as an updated version of Netflix’s client player. Netflix UHD clients are already embedded on UHD TVs offered by LG, Samsung, Sony and Vizio.
Roku announces new HDMI Streaming StickMarch 05, 2014On March 5, 2014 Roku announced the HDMI version of its Roku Streaming Stick, priced at $49.99. The Streaming Stick, while functionally identical to Roku’s OTT set-tops, is offered in the diminutive form of a dongle, and until now, has relied exclusively on the MHL interface to connect to a TV set. This new device is commercially available in the US, Canada, UK and Ireland.
UHD TV goes on sale for $699July 08, 2013Seiki Digital, a manufacturer of TV and Audio systems, has announced that its 39-inch, ultra high definition (UHD) LED TV will go on sale in the US by July 2013, with pre-orders from retailer Sears beginning...
LG announced deal to acquire WebOSFebruary 28, 2013LG Electronics announced on February 25, 2013 the acquisition of the WebOS operating system from HP, to be used in its Smart TVs starting early 2014. With this deal LG will obtain the source code,...