Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (6)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (1)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (21)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (21)
- Entertainment & Video KPIs Intelligence Service (1)
- Games Intelligence Service (1)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (1)
- Media Managed Services Intelligence Service (3)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (2)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (11)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (4)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (4)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (3)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (3)
Impact of Proposed China Tariffs on US TV MarketApril 06, 2018On April 4th, the US Office of the Trade Representative published a list of 1,300 products that could be subjected to an additional 25% import tariff if coming from China. Flat panel TVs are included on this list, and given the very low margins on the bulk of entry level TVs, and the fact that many of the smaller in mid-sized TVs are imported fully assembled from China, it could have a very big impact on the entire TV market. The attached report breaks down the details of the possible tariff, and the impacts on the supply chain, as well as possible reactions. Of course, it is important to note that this list of products is under a 60 day review process, and we expect heavy lobbying on the part of manufacturers and trade organizations. The outcome or final list could change before the end of May.Subscribers Only
Roku launches Roku TVJanuary 09, 2014Roku is set to release its first Smart TV sets, in partnership with Chinese TV set manufacturers TCL and Hisense. The Roku TV represents the tight marriage of display hardware, and a natively-integrated, 3rd...
TWC TV launches on RokuJanuary 09, 2013On the heels of a 2012 push to bolster its multiscreen strategy, Time Warner Cable is porting TWC TV to the Roku platform. Complementing existing services on iOS, Android, and PC devices, TWC TV will bring 300...
Verizon FiOS launches on LG Smart TVsDecember 05, 2012US telco Verizon is extending the FiOS television service to 2012-model LG connectable TV sets, and BP620-model LG Blu-ray players. Offering FiOS pay-TV subscribers access to 75 linear channels, the...