Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Advertising Intelligence Service (2)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (4)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (1)
- Cinema Intelligence Service (1)
- Cinema Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- COVID-19 (2)
- Entertainment & Video KPIs Intelligence Service (3)
- Games Intelligence Service (4)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (4)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (1)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (4)
- US Media Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (1)
Apple’s rigid game streaming service rules expose struggle to maintain consumer ownership on one of the world’s most lucrative platformsSeptember 15, 2020Apple recently issued new App Store guidelines allowing game streaming services such as xCloud and Stadia to run on iOS devices, seemingly paving the way for cloud gaming after a period of actively blocking gaming subscription services. However, there are strict rules involved which will act as substantial hurdles to the likes of Microsoft and Google.
Epic Games’ Fortnite feud with Apple is escalating, but the iPhone manufacturer has more to loseAugust 20, 2020In mid-August, without warning, Epic updated its Fortnite game app with an unapproved payment mechanism, offering mobile players a 20% discount on in-app purchases if completed via Epic’s own website. Apple and Google subsequently removed the game from the App Store and Google Play.
Free “Pro” trial gives Google Stadia app short-lived boost in Q2August 10, 2020On April 8, nearly five months after the launch of Stadia, Google offered a two-month free trial for Stadia Pro. After the free trial was introduced, daily downloads of the Stadia app spiked by almost 1700%.
Disney side steps theatrical in favour of exclusive PVOD release for Mulan.August 06, 2020Disney has announced that its forthcoming live-action remake, Mulan, will be made available exclusively on its own online channel Disney+ on 4th September for an added premium cost.
Games Industry M&A in Q2 2020: Video streaming, mobile, and anime, comics, games (ACG) fuel global investmentsJuly 30, 2020COVID-19 has thus far had a limited impact on funding and acquisitions in the games space, as there has been no decline in the numbers of deals made through Q2.