Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Advertising Intelligence Service (1)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (5)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (3)
- Cinema Intelligence Service (5)
- Cinema Intelligence Service - Premium (6)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (4)
- COVID-19 (2)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service (1)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Games Intelligence Service (6)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (6)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (1)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (5)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (3)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (1)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (1)
Disney side steps theatrical in favour of exclusive PVOD release for Mulan.August 06, 2020Disney has announced that its forthcoming live-action remake, Mulan, will be made available exclusively on its own online channel Disney+ on 4th September for an added premium cost.
China Joy 2020: Mobile games play a central role and cloud gaming draws industry attentionAugust 03, 2020Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, China Joy 2020 still took place this summer from July 31 to Aug 3, attracting both industry visitors and gamers. Although some foreign companies such as Sony, Microsoft and EA are absent from the exhibition, major Chinese publishers attended the show and showcased their flagship titles.
Games Industry M&A in Q2 2020: Video streaming, mobile, and anime, comics, games (ACG) fuel global investmentsJuly 30, 2020COVID-19 has thus far had a limited impact on funding and acquisitions in the games space, as there has been no decline in the numbers of deals made through Q2.
The impact of COVID-19 on the Chinese cinema market: challenges and opportunitiesJune 17, 2020Cinemas in China have been shut down for over four months and are still waiting for further notice on when they can open. China was the first market to shut all commercial cinema screens due to COVID-19.Subscribers Only
Tencent’s investment roadmap into JapanMay 29, 2020Tencent has spent $65 million purchasing a 20% stake in the Japanese game studio Marvelous, becoming the largest shareholder. Marvelous, best known for Story of Seasons and Deamon X Machina, plans to use the money to develop its current game franchises and roll out new ones to the Western market.
The impact of COVID-19 on the global cinema business (as at 28/5/20)May 28, 2020The impact of COVID-19 on the global cinema business (as at 28/5/20)
The impact of COVID-19 on the global cinema business (as at 20/5/20)May 20, 2020The impact of COVID-19 on the global cinema business (as at 20/5/20)
Q1 2020 digital data now available in Cinema IntelligenceMay 18, 2020Omdia Cinema team has now added data for digital and 3D screen totals at Q1 2020 for all territories and regions tracked by Cinema Intelligence. Further details are available to subscribers of Cinema Intelligence and Cinema Intelligence: Premium.Subscribers Only