Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Advertising Intelligence Service (2)
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (6)
- Channels & Programming Intelligence Service (2)
- Cinema Intelligence Service (2)
- Cinema Intelligence Service - Premium (3)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (4)
- COVID-19 (3)
- Entertainment & Video KPIs Intelligence Service (2)
- Games Intelligence Service (4)
- Games Intelligence Service - Premium (4)
- Home Entertainment KPIs Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (6)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (3)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (1)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- US Media Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (1)
Free “Pro” trial gives Google Stadia app short-lived boost in Q2August 10, 2020On April 8, nearly five months after the launch of Stadia, Google offered a two-month free trial for Stadia Pro. After the free trial was introduced, daily downloads of the Stadia app spiked by almost 1700%.
Disney side steps theatrical in favour of exclusive PVOD release for Mulan.August 06, 2020Disney has announced that its forthcoming live-action remake, Mulan, will be made available exclusively on its own online channel Disney+ on 4th September for an added premium cost.
Games Industry M&A in Q2 2020: Video streaming, mobile, and anime, comics, games (ACG) fuel global investmentsJuly 30, 2020COVID-19 has thus far had a limited impact on funding and acquisitions in the games space, as there has been no decline in the numbers of deals made through Q2.
The sudden death of Mixer underlines how critical a far-reaching streaming platform is to Microsoft’s cloud gaming ambitionsJune 24, 2020Microsoft is sunsetting its streaming platform Mixer and transitioning its streamers and audience to Facebook Gaming as part of a new partnership. The service originally launched in January 2016 as Beam, but was acquired by Microsoft and renamed Mixer in 2017. It will shut down on July 22.
Industry gears up for return of theatrical major release slate in JulyJune 15, 2020The upcoming theatrical slate has undergone potentially one of the last major jostling of positions for 2020 as the industry gears up for return of the annual $42 billion sector (2019) in the second half.
Amazon’s first big-budget game Crucible saw a muted launch, but can a slow-burner succeed in a market of record-breaking peaks and multi-million-dollar influencer campaigns?May 28, 2020Crucible is a free-to-play sci-fi hero shooter/multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) hybrid developed by Amazon subsidiary studio Relentless.