Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Date Published
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (8)
- Cinema Intelligence Service (1)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (23)
- Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (27)
- Games Intelligence Service (1)
- Media Managed Services Intelligence Service (3)
- MENA Media and Telecoms Intelligence Service (1)
- Professional Video Intelligence Service (2)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (12)
- TV & Online Video Intelligence Service - Premium (5)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (3)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service (5)
- TV Sets Intelligence Service - Premium (6)
- US Media Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Video Media Intelligence Service (1)
- Video Processing Intelligence Service (3)
- Video UX Technology Intelligence Service (3)
CES 2020 Recap - TVsJanuary 12, 2020IHS Markit TV analysts visited the 2020 International CES tradeshow in Las Vegas the week of January 6th. These are our key summaries and takeaways.Subscribers Only
Young males more likely to look for UHD content when choosing a video serviceOctober 11, 2018More than a third of video subscribers claim ultra-high-definition (UHD) content is an important criterion in their choice of video services, across five markets surveyed. Among households with both pay TV and online video subscriptions, that preference rises to 50 percent.
Fire TV returns to the battleApril 25, 2018After a weak launch in 2017, Amazon has struck a deal with Best Buy to relaunch the Fire TV platform. Starting summer 2018, Best Buy will start selling Toshiba and Insignia Fire TV Edition Smart TVs, which will also be available on Amazon.com with Best Buy as a third party seller. This has several implications for the smart TV space, but especially for companies like Roku because Insignia was previously using the Roku TV platform and was one of the larger partners last year. For Amazon, it also represents a recognition that the brick and mortar space is still very important for some categories where consumers still prefer to "kick the tires" before purchasing.Subscribers Only
Roku launches Roku TVJanuary 09, 2014Roku is set to release its first Smart TV sets, in partnership with Chinese TV set manufacturers TCL and Hisense. The Roku TV represents the tight marriage of display hardware, and a natively-integrated, 3rd...
TWC TV launches on RokuJanuary 09, 2013On the heels of a 2012 push to bolster its multiscreen strategy, Time Warner Cable is porting TWC TV to the Roku platform. Complementing existing services on iOS, Android, and PC devices, TWC TV will bring 300...
Verizon FiOS launches on LG Smart TVsDecember 05, 2012US telco Verizon is extending the FiOS television service to 2012-model LG connectable TV sets, and BP620-model LG Blu-ray players. Offering FiOS pay-TV subscribers access to 75 linear channels, the...