Selected Clear All
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Consumer Electronics (6)
- Digital Media (4)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (9)
- Large Displays (3)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (17)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (1)
- Mobile Devices (8)
- Mobile Innovation (7)
- Mobile Networks (3)
- Operators & Services (5)
- Semiconductor Components (2)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (1)
- Semiconductor Market (5)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (3)
- Smart Cities (6)
- Smart Home & Appliances (3)
- Transformative Technologies (2)
- TV Media & Content (1)
- Date Published
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (2)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (2)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (2)
- Home Networks Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (2)
2019 Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona - Cellular IoT industry facing many opportunities and challengesMarch 10, 2019At MWC Barcelona in late February, in addition to the highly covered 5G standard, the NB-IoT and the Cellular Vehicle-to-Vehicle (C-V2X) standards also demonstrated significant progress in the cellular IoT space. This article includes news summary at MWC and IHS Markit analysis that are related to the NB-IoT and the C-V2X technologies.
Silicon Labs’ acquisition of Zentri shows how a semiconductor company can transform itself into a growing IoT companyJanuary 27, 2017On Monday January 23rd, Silicon Labs announced the acquisition of Zentri, a 20-person module and software vendor, for an undisclosed amount. This insight will provide summary and analysis of Silicon Lab’s recent acquisition.
Verizon to launch 802.11ac router with 300Mbps Wi-FiMay 20, 2014Verizon plans to deploy a proprietary router that will support in-home Wi-Fi speeds up to 300Mbps. This router will ship in summer 2013 and will complement the Quantum internet service offered on Verizon FiOS with speeds up to 300Mbps.
China: Where the iPhone is an Also-RanAugust 23, 2012Consumers everywhere love the iPhone, with its strong sales in almost every region of the world, keeping Apple Inc. in first or second place in the global smartphone rankings. However, there is one country where Apple isn’t No. 1 or No. 2—and doesn’t rank even among the Top 5.
Are we talking about some obscure nation where the locals don’t have access to essentials like iPhones?
No, we’re talking about the world’s most populous and economically vibrant country: China.
In China, Apple ranked in seventh place among smartphone brands during the first half of 2012
China’s Domestic PC Shipments Rise at Triple the Global Rate in 2012July 17, 2012China’s domestic PC shipments in 2012 are set to rise at three times the rate of the global market, driven by strong economic growth and insatiable demand from the commercial sector, according to an IHS iSuppli China Research report from information and analytics provider IHS (NYSE: IHS).
PC shipments for consumption in China for 2012 are projected to reach 83.6 million units, up 13.1 percent from 73.9 million units last year. In comparison, global shipments are set to increase by only 4.4 percent this year.
Domestic shipments of both desktop and notebook PCs to the Chinese market have been growing at robust double-digit rates for several years, and the healthy pace of expansion is set to continue for at least two more years before the market moderates slightly to a 9 percent increase in 2015.