Selected Clear All- Freescale
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (4)
- Consumer Electronics (7)
- Display Materials & Components (3)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (3)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (2)
- Memory & Storage (3)
- MEMS & Sensors (6)
- Mobile Devices (6)
- Mobile Innovation (1)
- Semiconductor Components (6)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (3)
- Semiconductor Market (6)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (3)
- Smart Home & Appliances (4)
- Date Published
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (2)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (2)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (2)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (2)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (2)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- OEM Semiconductor Spending & Design Activity Intelligence Service (1)
- Outsourced Manufacturing Intelligence Service (1)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Processors Intelligence Service (2)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Home Services & Subscribers Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (2)
- Supply Chain Inventory Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (2)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (2)
Global semiconductor revenue dips as the chip industry wrestles with myriad challengesJuly 31, 2019Battling economic headwinds and debilitated markets, the semiconductor industry saw revenue worldwide decline by the double digits percentage-wise in the first quarter of 2019, with the outlook for the rest of the year looking equally discouraging.
The importance of embedded security grows in connected microcontrollersJanuary 18, 2019The year of 2018 has been one of the worst to date in terms of both number of security breaches and the number of records that have been exposed.
Power, revenue and profitability drive groundswell of consolidation in semiconductor industryJuly 10, 2015Analysis and insight into key consolidation trends in the semiconductor industry. Details on consolidation by market, types of M&A, business sale, spinoffs & joint ventures and business exits. Perspectives on the size of deals over time. Analysis of profitability as a driver for consolidation.Subscribers Only
A Combined NXP-Freescale Creates an Industrial Microcontrollers BehemothMay 01, 2015The recent NXP Freescale merger would have generated $1.3 billion in industrial semiconductor revenues in 2014, which equates to roughly 3 percent of the overall global industrial semiconductor market. The merged NXP-Freescale would...
NXP Semiconductors to Acquire Freescale Semiconductor in a Move to Strengthen its Position in the IoT Automotive Market SectorMarch 23, 2015On March 2nd, NXP Semiconductors NV announced its intent to acquire Freescale Semiconductor, in a deal that would value the combined company at an estimated $10 billion...Subscribers Only
Thread: Just Another Smart Home Technology?August 18, 2014A new mesh network protocol has entered the smart home space: Thread. The technology runs on IEEE 802.15.4 and uses 6LoWPAN to carry IPv6 natively. The Thread group ...Subscribers Only
Bosch is World's Top Auto MEMS Supplier; top 10 account for nearly 90 percent of industry totalJune 27, 2014Bosch of Germany was the No. 1 supplier in the world last year of automotive microelectromechanical system (MEMS) sensors, a market in which shipments continue to expand strongly but where revenue was being squeezed by marked price erosion, according to a new report from IHS Technology.
Sensor Hubs Make Big Gains While Enabling the Future of SensingApril 16, 2014Sensor hubs that offload tasks from power-hungry application processors and let mobile devices like smartphones and tablets run longer on a single battery charge are reaping gargantuan gains thanks to the global microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) market, with shipment growth this year alone in triple-digit territory, according to new analysis from IHS Technology.
China MCU Market Set for Recovery after Difficult 2012Focus on energy efficiency and growth in many applications will power expansion this year and beyondJune 21, 2013
After shrinking in 2012, China’s microcontroller (MCU) market is poised to recover this year as energy efficiency and device upgrades drive greater demand for the chips in embedded and automated applications. Revenue this year for the China MCU space is projected to reach $3.1 billion, up 7.7 percent from $2.9 billion in 2012. The market contracted 2.6 percent last year, but the 2013 expansion marks the start of at least a five-year cycle of continuing growth, with revenue expected to hit $4.5 billion by 2017.
It’s a Tie: Bosch and STM Hold Joint Honors as No. 1 MEMS Suppliers for 2012June 10, 2013For the first time ever, no clear winner has emerged to claim top honors in the microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) business for 2012, with Bosch of Germany and French-Italian...
Fourth-Quarter Reprieve Brings Little Relief to Semiconductor Makers in 2012—but Spurs 2013 ReboundApril 10, 2013Despite stronger-than-expected growth during the fourth quarter, 2012 was still a miserable year for the semiconductor market and suppliers, with only eight out of the Top 25 chipmakers...
Wireless Spending on Small Cells and Heterogeneous Architectures Needed to Ease Mobile Data TrafficWireless capital expenditures set to climb as 4G LTE grows more widespreadMarch 05, 2013
Capital expenditures on wireless infrastructure equipment will continue to increase this year as mobile operators increasingly transition to 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE), but more heterogeneous architectures such as small cells will also need to be deployed to ease flagrant data congestion, according to an IHS iSuppli Wireless Communications special report from information and analytics provider IHS.
Spending in 2013 on wireless infrastructure equipment—long a barometer of growth in the wireless space—is projected to reach $44.7 billion, up a solid 5 percent from $42.7 billion in 2012. Capital expenditures by mobile network operators are set to rise another 2 percent next year to $45.6 billion, on their way to $47.1 billion by 2016.
Five Years Gone: A lot has Changed in Mobile Handset Core IC Supplier LandscapeOctober 18, 2012Handsets and specifically smartphones have and will continue to be a driver in the wireless semiconductor market. That along with the ramping adoption of LTE and increased demand for data-centric applications, the smartphone is emerging as the form factor of choice for many mobile consumers. As smartphones as well as LTE have gained in popularity, the corresponding influences they have exerted on design philosophy have created paradigm shifts that are transforming the competition. In this type of rapidly shifting competitive landscape companies that identify the changes early and are able to reposition their core strengths appropriately reap the rewards while those slower to react often see their market share shrink.Subscribers Only