Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Category - Video Surveillance
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Access Control & Fire (128)
- Advertising (356)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (159)
- Cinema (709)
- Cloud & Data Center (260)
- Consumer Electronics (1523)
- Critical Communications (31)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (76)
- Digital Media (1831)
- Digital Signage (24)
- Discrete & Process Automation (102)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (1452)
- Display Materials & Components (73)
- Electric Motor Systems (84)
- Enterprise IT Security (36)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (295)
- Games (858)
- Healthcare IT (47)
- Industrial IoT, Software & Communications (47)
- Large Displays (1561)
- Lighting (93)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (279)
- Managed Services (63)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (223)
- Memory & Storage (218)
- MEMS & Sensors (59)
- Mobile Devices (1153)
- Mobile Innovation (3692)
- Mobile Networks (497)
- Operators & Services (4729)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (72)
- Semiconductor Components (466)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (19)
- Semiconductor Market (560)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (1998)
- Small & Medium Displays (1529)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (50)
- Smart Cities (56)
- Smart Home & Appliances (954)
- Smart Utilities Infrastructure (61)
- Touch & Interface (59)
- Transformative Technologies (58)
- TV Media & Content (2392)
- Video (1146)
- Video Surveillance (76)
- Date Published
- Access Control Intelligence Service - Annual (4)
- AI & Analytics in Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- Command & Control Rooms Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- COVID-19 (1)
- Critical National Infrastructure CNI Intelligence Service (1)
- Home Appliance Intelligence Service (1)
- Intruder Alarms & Monitoring Services Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Physical Security Channel Intelligence Service - Annual (7)
- Security Vertical Applications Intelligence Service (4)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (5)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service - Premium (5)
- Smart Home Services & Subscribers Intelligence Service (1)
- Video Surveillance & Analytics Intelligence Service - Annual (47)
- Video Surveillance & Analytics Intelligence Service - Annual - Premium (42)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - 2014-2015 (24)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Americas - 2014-2015 (19)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Americas - 2015-2016 (22)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Asia-Pacific (20)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - China - 2014-2015 (19)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - China - 2015-2016 (22)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - EMEA - 2014-2015 (19)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - EMEA - 2015-2016 (22)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service for Bain & Co. Nordic - Extract (7)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service for SanDisk - Mar 2015 - Extract (17)
Coronavirus impact on video surveillance market is minor for nowFebruary 19, 2020This insight provides an update on the effect of the coronavirus on the global video surveillance market.
Speed gates- the future of pedestrian entrance control equipmentAugust 15, 2019Speed gate revenues are expected to grow at the highest CAGR of all pedestrian entrance control equipment through 2023.
Global professional video surveillance equipment market set for third year of near double-digit growth in 2019August 05, 2019Marking a third year of robust growth, the global professional video surveillance equipment market is set to expand by 9.3 percent in 2019.
ISC West 2019 - Smart HomeApril 23, 2019ISC West is an annual security conference held in Las Vegas. According to event planners, the event boasted more than 30,000 attendees and 950 exhibitors. Of the 950 exhibitors, about 115 were associated with the connected home.Subscribers Only
Smart home and appliances tackle analytics at CES 2019January 17, 2019At CES 2019, there was no shortage of exciting news and buzz for smart home and appliances. Lighting, security cameras, software integrations and voice assistants took center stage in smart home announcements, while for appliances, the big news was on displays, artificial intelligence (AI) and guided cooking.
Global intelligent ANPR camera market to grow at 16.4 percent CAGR through 2022November 23, 2018The global market revenues from sales of intelligent ANPR devices are forecast to reach $800 million by 2022 and increase at a compound annual growth rate of 16.4 percent.
Growth in police body-worn cameras fuels digital evidence-management market evolutionOctober 04, 2018The global installed base for law enforcement and police body-worn cameras is forecast to increase by nearly 30 percent in 2018, exceeding 1.5 million body-worn cameras in use worldwide.
Growth in the global professional video surveillance equipment market accelerated in 2017July 09, 2018The world market for professional video surveillance equipment grew by 9.3 percent in 2017. This is a much higher rate of growth than in 2016 (3.9 percent) and 2015 (1.9 percent). Increased government spending on equipment to fight crime and terrorism was a major factor in this growth, as was private sector spending on replacing equipment in retail and commercial installations.
The convergence of ICT and video surveillance technologies is acceleratingMay 29, 2018As more large-scale video surveillance projects, such as those for safe cities, are being deployed around the world, information communications technology (ICT) infrastructure is therefore becoming an increasingly important aspect of project implementation. Global revenue from storage equipment, which is a key element of ICT infrastructure, has been growing rapidly.
Canon acquires BriefCam: our takeMay 09, 2018This morning, Canon acquired BriefCam. Many video surveillance equipment vendors expect that future solution differentiation will be based on software. This is why there has been a relatively high number of security software vendor acquisitions in recent years—Milestone, Aimetis, Cognimatics, ObjectVideo, Intellivision, SeeTec, Exacq Technologies and Smartvue are just a few examples. Canon’s acquisition of BriefCam is the latest instance.
The world market for city surveillance equipment exceeded $3 billion in 2017March 28, 2018The world market for security equipment in city surveillance has registered robust growth in the past few years, surpassing $3 billion in 2017.
Consumer Video Surveillance – Content Analysis and Data AnalyticsFebruary 26, 2018A variety of new analytical functions are being developed and applied to video surveillance. The majority of these new analytical functions continue to focus on refining what should and should not be recorded in order to save bandwidth and storage space. Motion detection, event recording, facial recognition, and object awareness are just a few of the technologies in which analytics are being applied.
Oceanian video surveillance market growing faster than other regional marketsFebruary 05, 2018The Oceanian market for video surveillance equipment is forecast to grow at an average annual rate of 4.8 percent from 2016 to 2021. This is higher rate than East Asia, North America or Western Europe, and is largely a result of the growing demand from government and infrastructure projects. This is according to latest findings from IHS Markit’s Video Surveillance Intelligence Service.Subscribers Only
Motorola to acquire AvigilonFebruary 02, 2018Motorola announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Avigilon, one of the world's largest suppliers of professional video surveillance equipment.
Market for storage used for video surveillance worth $1.7bn in 2017December 18, 2017According to IHS Markit forecasts over 130 million video surveillance cameras will be shipped globally in 2018. This number has increased dramatically from 2006 when shipments were less than 10 million. The increase in demand for video surveillance cameras has subsequently caused growth in associated storage requirements. The market for external storage systems (SAN, NAS and external DAS) used for storing video surveillance data is estimated to have been worth $1.7 billion in 2017.
VSaaS market to exceed $1 billion for first time in 2017November 29, 2017At the start of this decade, many observers expected the video surveillance industry would quickly move towards a recurring revenue model. Much like the cell phone industry, video surveillance equipment would be paid for via a monthly service fee. The reality has so far turned out to be somewhat different. Most video surveillance equipment is still paid for upfront in a one-off fee. Despite this, the market for cloud-connected video surveillance equipment, which is paid for on a yearly, quarterly, or monthly basis has been steadily growing. Known as VSaaS (video surveillance as a service) the market is also forecast to exceed $1 billion for the first time in 2017. This is according to a recently published report from IHS Markit, “Video Surveillance as a Service (VSaaS) Report – 2017”.
China accounts for nearly 1/3 of all physical security equipment sold in 2016November 01, 2017The recently published IHS Markit Physical Security Equipment & Services Report estimates that the global market for physical security equipment totaled US$29.2 billion in 2016. This represents a $1.6 billion (5.8 percent) increase from 2015. Highlights • Globally, the physical security equipment market was valued at US$29.2 billion in 2016, growing 5.8 percent from the prior year • China was the largest market for physical security gear in 2016, accounting for 29 percent of global revenue • The worldwide physical security equipment market is forecast to reach US$41.7 billion annually by 2021
Deep learning, engine of future Chinese video surveillance market growthAugust 14, 2017Years of double-digit growth in shipments of video surveillance cameras in China are over, giving way to future growth in deep learning video analytics. According to the latest Video Surveillance Intelligence Service by IHS Markit, unit shipments of video surveillance cameras grew just 2.3% in China in 2016 compared to the previous year, at 58.2 million units, much lower than in 2015 (34.6%), 2014 (38.5%) and 2013 (29.6%). The lower rate of growth in security camera reflects the high installed-base of cameras in China. Demand for cameras in future will be increasingly due to replacements rather than new installations.
A revolution in video surveillance – Deep-learning video analyticsJuly 24, 2017Deep-learning analytics are poised to revolutionise the industry, and facilitate a leap in the capabilities of video analytics. In the last couple of years, there has been a marked increase in research and development in deep-learning neural networks, proving their capabilities, generating considerable excitement, and putting them within reach of a much wider user group.
Growth in the Global Professional Video Surveillance Market Remained Low in 2016July 03, 2017The world market for professional video surveillance equipment grew by 3.9% in 2016. This is according to recently published estimates from IHS Markit (NASDAQ), through its Video Surveillance Intelligence Service. This is a higher rate of growth than in 2015 (1.9%) but still low by historical standards.