Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Press Releases Category - Smart Home & Appliances
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Building, Home & City Technology (9)
- Displays (13)
- Enterprise & IT (4)
- Healthcare Technology (3)
- Manufacturing Technology (2)
- Media & Advertising (7)
- Mobile & Telecom (7)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (73)
- Power & Energy Technology (3)
- Security Technology (5)
- Semiconductors (4)
- Transformative Technologies (3)
- Access Control & Fire (43)
- Advertising (26)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (31)
- Cinema (8)
- Cloud & Data Center (99)
- Consumer Electronics (317)
- Critical Communications (11)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (24)
- Digital Media (44)
- Digital Signage (10)
- Discrete & Process Automation (11)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (66)
- Display Materials & Components (70)
- Electric Motor Systems (3)
- Enterprise IT Security (12)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (138)
- Games (11)
- Healthcare IT (2)
- Industrial IoT, Software & Communications (2)
- Large Displays (109)
- Lighting (18)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (38)
- Managed Services (9)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (36)
- Memory & Storage (161)
- MEMS & Sensors (46)
- Mobile Devices (231)
- Mobile Innovation (35)
- Mobile Networks (100)
- Operators & Services (48)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (35)
- Semiconductor Components (225)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (18)
- Semiconductor Market (95)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (28)
- Small & Medium Displays (140)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (3)
- Smart Cities (1)
- Smart Home & Appliances (77)
- Smart Utilities Infrastructure (29)
- Touch & Interface (38)
- Transformative Technologies (22)
- TV Media & Content (70)
- Video (23)
- Video Surveillance (22)
- Aled Evans (1)
- Alex Kang (1)
- Bing Zhang (1)
- Blake Kozak (9)
- Daniel Simmons (7)
- David Green (1)
- David Hsieh (1)
- Deborah Yang (1)
- Dinesh Kithany (8)
- Gerrit Schneemann (1)
- Hiroshi Hayase (1)
- Horse Liu (1)
- Jack Kent (2)
- Jerry Kang (1)
- Jimmy Kim, Ph.D. (1)
- John Kendall (2)
- Jusy Hong (1)
- Ken Park (2)
- Liliana Alvarez Temix (1)
- Pal Karlsen (1)
- Paul Erickson (5)
- Paul Gagnon (4)
- Paul Gray (5)
- Richard Son (1)
- Ricky Park (2)
- Tim Westcott (2)
- Tom Morrod (2)
- Date Published
- Home Appliance Intelligence Service (2)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (3)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service - Premium (5)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- Video Surveillance & Analytics Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Video Surveillance & Analytics Intelligence Service - Annual - Premium (2)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - 2014-2015 (2)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Americas - 2015-2016 (2)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - China - 2015-2016 (2)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - EMEA - 2015-2016 (2)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service for Bain & Co. Nordic - Extract (2)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service for SanDisk - Mar 2015 - Extract (2)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (1)
Global smart-lighting market set to double in size by 2023, despite consumer unawarenessMay 12, 2020Worldwide sales of smart-lighting and connected control systems are expected to swell to $21 billion in 2023, up from $10 billion in 2018, according to Omdia. Sales of residential do-it-yourself (DIY) smart lighting systems will be one of the most important factors driving market revenue growth and raising awareness of the concept of smart lighting.
Haier, Midea and Samsung lead the major home appliance industryMarch 26, 2020Haier, Midea and Samsung are leading the major home appliance (MHA) market, accounting for almost 30 percent of unit shipments in 2018.
Omdia Update: Coronavirus impacts global smart home market, slashing 2020 device revenue outlook by $19.5 billionAsian market smart home revenue forecast slashed 24.2 percentMarch 12, 2020Amid the continued fallout of the coronavirus crisis, the global smart home market is expected to fall nearly $20 billion short of revenue expectations in 2020, according to Omdia.
Surging demand for consumer security cameras and video doorbells spurs new competition, challenging market leaders Nest and ArloCamera market revenue expected to rise by 80 percent from 2019 through 2024March 03, 2020The global market for do-it-yourself (DIY) standalone network security cameras is forecasted to surge by 80 percent by 2024—a rapid pace of growth that is attracting new competitors.
Asia surpasses North America to become world’s largest smart speaker marketGlobal shipments soar as devices transform into “super-apps”February 24, 2020Asia in 2019 passed North America to become the world’s largest market for smart speakers, with shipments more than doubling in the region as consumers flocked to buy the newest devices.
Introducing Omdia: Informa Tech launches new research powerhouse following acquisition of the majority of IHS Markit’s technology, media and telecommunications research business to connect the dots for customers across the tech industryOmdia will replace all existing brands within Informa Tech’s research businesses, including Ovum, Heavy Reading and Tractica.February 05, 2020Informa Tech today announces the forthcoming launch of a new technology research powerhouse, Omdia, on Feb. 20, 2020.
IHS Markit | Technology Announces Innovation Award Winners at ShowStoppers @ CES 2020 in Las VegasJanuary 16, 2020IHS Markit | Technology, now a part of Informa Tech, today announced the winners of the IHS Markit Innovation Awards. Presented at the ShowStoppers® @ CES press event on Tuesday, January 7, 2020 in Las Vegas, the awards showcased the most innovative technology products submitted by event exhibitors.
Amazon pads its smart-speaker market leadership in Q3, as Prime Day boosts North American salesNovember 21, 2019Amazon in the third quarter expanded its lead over Google in the North American smart-speaker market due to strong sales during the Amazon Prime Day event on July 15.
Digital assistant vendors take leadership positions on the IHS Markit | Technology Smart Home Vendor ScorecardSeptember 30, 2019For many of the leading players in the business, the secret to success in the smart home market is offering a personal digital assistant, with four of the top-10 competitors selling such a product.
Philips offers immersive smart-light solution for streaming videoSeptember 17, 2019Aided by this type of innovation, the global market for smart home light bulbs is set to expand to $2.8 billion in 2023, rising by more than a factor of 10 from $241.6 million in 2017.
New smart-home strategies to push market revenue above $192 billion in 2023September 03, 2019The global smart home market is forecast to grow by nearly a factor of five to reach more than $192 billion in 2023, up from $41 billion In 2018, according to the latest Smart Home Device Database from IHS Markit.
Global Shipments of Wireless Power Receivers and Transmitters to Reach 2.1 Billion in 2023, IHS Markit SaysApril 24, 2019The wireless power market gained further momentum in 2018 as it geared up to become a mainstream technology. Fortified by the growth in the sales of wirelessly charged mobile phones, global shipments of wireless power receivers and transmitters across all applications and product segments grew by 37 percent in 2018 to 600 million units, compared to the previous year.
Consumer Video Surveillance Market to Top $1 Billion in 2018, IHS Markit SaysNovember 08, 2018Sales revenue from Arlo, Nest and other standalone network video-surveillance cameras reached $966 million globally in 2017 and is estimated to grow to $1.1 billion by the end of 2018.
In the Face of Stiffer Global Competition, YouTube Turns to Premium Subscriptions to Raise Revenue, IHS Markit SaysSeptember 17, 2018To address rising competition in the advertising market, Google-owned YouTube is diversifying its business model by rebranding and expanding its YouTube Premium subscription service and other measures to raise revenue, while maintaining the company’s position as the world’s leading online video platform.
IHS Markit Announces Innovation Awards Winners at ShowStoppers @ IFA in BerlinAugust 31, 2018a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, today announced winners of the IHS Markit Innovation Awards.
IHS Markit Analyst Availability for Media Requests: IFA 2018August 15, 2018For journalists who follow the latest news and trends in consumer electronics, IHS Markit analysts will be available for commentary ahead of and onsite at IFA 2018 in Berlin, Germany, from August 31 to September 5, 2018.
Long-Term Oversupply of Large TFT LCD Panels Will Prompt Restructuring of Older Fabs, IHS Markit SaysJuly 19, 2018Large thin-film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT LCD) panel makers are expected to reduce production of comparatively smaller sized 32-, 40- and 43-inch panels, helping to stabilize panel prices in the third quarter of 2018.
Smart TV Share Jumps to 70 Percent of TV Shipments in 2018 From Less Than 50 Percent in 2015, IHS Markit SaysJuly 17, 2018The global unit-share of smart TVs rose from 45 percent of total TV shipments in 2015 to 64 percent in 2017.
Smart Devices Are Critical Entry Point to IoT Ecosystem, IHS Markit SaysJune 28, 2018As smart functionality makes its way into homes and businesses, two devices are gaining a foothold into broader ecosystems to maximize growth and revenue opportunities: smart speakers and smart meters.
Accumulated Gap in LCD TV Set and Panel Shipments Expected to Hit a 10-Year High in Coming Quarters, IHS Markit SaysJune 21, 2018Despite better-than-expected first-quarter demand for thin-film transistor liquid-crystal display (TFT-LCD) TV sets and TV panels, market players would be well advised to adopt a more conservative outlook in demand growth for the coming quarters, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.