Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Press Releases Category - Mobile Networks
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Building, Home & City Technology (1)
- Displays (7)
- Enterprise & IT (7)
- Healthcare Technology (5)
- Manufacturing Technology (2)
- Media & Advertising (5)
- Mobile & Telecom (100)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (29)
- Power & Energy Technology (3)
- Security Technology (4)
- Semiconductors (23)
- Transformative Technologies (5)
- Access Control & Fire (43)
- Advertising (26)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (31)
- Cinema (8)
- Cloud & Data Center (99)
- Consumer Electronics (317)
- Critical Communications (11)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (24)
- Digital Media (44)
- Digital Signage (10)
- Discrete & Process Automation (11)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (66)
- Display Materials & Components (70)
- Electric Motor Systems (3)
- Enterprise IT Security (12)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (138)
- Games (11)
- Healthcare IT (2)
- Industrial IoT, Software & Communications (2)
- Large Displays (109)
- Lighting (18)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (38)
- Managed Services (9)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (36)
- Memory & Storage (161)
- MEMS & Sensors (46)
- Mobile Devices (231)
- Mobile Innovation (35)
- Mobile Networks (100)
- Operators & Services (48)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (36)
- Semiconductor Components (225)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (18)
- Semiconductor Market (95)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (28)
- Small & Medium Displays (140)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (3)
- Smart Cities (1)
- Smart Home & Appliances (77)
- Smart Utilities Infrastructure (29)
- Touch & Interface (38)
- Transformative Technologies (22)
- TV Media & Content (70)
- Video (23)
- Video Surveillance (22)
- Date Published
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (3)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Enterprise Voice, Video & Unified Communication Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (14)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (14)
- Mobile Location Intelligence - Analysis Only (4)
- Mobile Location Intelligence Service (formerly Portable & LBS) (4)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Operator Multiplay Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (14)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (14)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (14)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (14)
Apple drives massive growth in shipments of $401-to-$600 smartphones with wireless charging-capability in Q4April 01, 2020Shipments of wireless-charging-enabled smartphones in the $401-to-$600 price range grew by 365 percent in the fourth quarter of 2019 as Apple’s price cut for the iPhone XR dramatically expanded the market.
Triple-camera models take the lead in the smartphone market in the fourth quarterMarch 16, 2020Triple-camera smartphones became the most popular type of model on the market in the fourth quarter, exceeding dual-camera devices for the first time as Android and Chinese OEMs moved aggressively to offer more products with multiple cameras.
Introducing Omdia: Informa Tech launches new research powerhouse following acquisition of the majority of IHS Markit’s technology, media and telecommunications research business to connect the dots for customers across the tech industryOmdia will replace all existing brands within Informa Tech’s research businesses, including Ovum, Heavy Reading and Tractica.February 05, 2020Informa Tech today announces the forthcoming launch of a new technology research powerhouse, Omdia, on Feb. 20, 2020.
The 5G market hits the ground running, with 31 commercial launches worldwide by the end of Q2September 16, 2019The 5G market is developing much more quickly than the previous generation 4G LTE standard.
More than half of owners now using their smartphones to access video servicesSeptember 10, 2019The smartphone has taken a major step in its evolution from a voice-centric device to a media-centric platform, with more than 50 percent of owners now using their device to access video services on a monthly basis.
US consumers may suffer sticker shock from the first wave of 5G-enabled phonesAugust 16, 2019Nearly everyone expects to pay more money for 5G smartphones—but the cost of the initial wave of phones is dramatically exceeding expectations, with the price premium as much as 29 times higher than many consumers anticipate, according to a new IHS Markit survey examining consumer perceptions regarding the technology.
CenturyLink holds the top spot in the 2019 IHS Markit North American SIP Trunking ScorecardAugust 13, 2019CenturyLink leads the market for session initiation protocol (SIP) trunking with the largest installed base of all North American providers.
Impressive Data Speed Gains Put Chicago in a Promising Position as 5G Nears, IHS Markit RevealsJune 11, 2019Chicago made news as one of the first 5G-enabled cities in the world when Verizon launched its service in April. But even the best and fastest 5G service won’t be available at all times, for all users.
New IHS Markit Reports Reveal Impressive Mobile Data Speeds Across Silicon ValleyJune 04, 2019LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Silicon Valley is globally recognized as a technology innovation hub. New findings from RootMetrics by IHS Markit, the standard for mobile performance benchmarking, show that AT&T and Verizon continue their reign over the fast-paced, entrepreneurial region, sharing the Overall Performance RootScore Awards in both San Francisco and San Jose.
As Carriers Prep for a 5G Future, Atlanta is Home to Blazing-Fast Download Speeds, IHS Markit RevealsMay 14, 2019While Verizon dominated the mobile performance awards in Atlanta for the second straight testing period, the real story might be the data speed improvements seen across the metro area.
5G Market Set to Boom – But Clarity is Needed, IHS Markit SaysApril 11, 2019As the first commercial deployments of 5G start to appear, the stage is set for consumers finally to find out what the powerful next-generation mobile standard promises can bring: an ambitious and far-reaching technological advance that transforms virtually all aspects of human activity—how we experience life, conduct business, create goods, and build societies.
New RootMetrics US National Report: Mobile Carriers Focus on Speed in Major Metros As 5G Rollouts LoomFebruary 12, 2019RootMetrics by IHS Markit, the gold standard for mobile performance benchmarking, today released its 2nd Half 2018 Review of Mobile Network Performance in the US, providing the most comprehensive picture of mobile network performance across the country. In its eleventh edition, RootMetrics issued its nationwide results, including a breakdown of network performance across all 50 states and the 125 most populated metropolitan areas.
EE Dominates in UK-wide Mobile Performance Tests - New RootMetrics ReportJanuary 29, 2019The latest tests conducted by RootMetrics by IHS Markit, the industry barometer for mobile network performance, confirm EE as the UK's leading mobile operator at the UK-wide level, with the BT-owned company winning all six mobile performance categories tested.
EE and Vodafone Hold Commanding Lead in Mobile Performance in London, According to New RootMetrics ReportJanuary 28, 2019The latest data from RootMetrics by IHS Markit reveals that customers on EE and Vodafone are more likely to have a seamless mobile experience in London compared to customers on O2 and Three. The comparatively fast download speeds for EE and Vodafone allows their customers to enjoy fast speeds in even the most heavily congested areas of the city.
5G Trials in Full Swing, With 12 Percent of Operators Moving to Commercial Deployment by Year’s End, IHS Markit Survey SaysAugust 20, 2018Eighty-two percent of mobile operators participating in a 5G study conducted by business information provider IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) are busy trialing and testing the technology, mainly in North America and Asia, with 12 percent -- all from North America -- planning commercial 5G rollouts by year’s end.
Customer Experience Is Top Digital Transformation Project Among Telecom Service Providers, IHS Markit Survey FindsMay 15, 2018As subscriber growth hits the brakes, telecom service providers are increasingly turning their attention to providing the best customer experience to minimize churn.
Three Out of Four Companies Evaluating SD-WAN As Enterprises Embrace the Cloud, IHS Markit Survey SaysApril 25, 2018IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, today released findings from its WAN Strategies North American enterprise survey, which reviews the evolving requirements for wide-area networks (WANs) of medium-to-large companies, including the adoption of software-defined WAN (SD-WAN).
Half a Billion Smartphones and Other Devices with Wireless Power Technology Shipped in 2017, IHS Markit SaysFebruary 13, 2018Led by mobile phones, small appliances and wearables, shipments of consumer electronics devices enabled with wireless charging rose 40 percent in 2017, compared to the previous year.
IHS Markit Analyst Availability for Media Requests: Mobile World Congress/MWC 2018February 12, 2018For journalists who follow the latest mobile news and trends, IHS Markit analysts will be available for commentary ahead of and onsite at MWC 2018 in Barcelona, Spain, from February 26 to March 1, 2018.