Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Press Releases Category - Mobile Devices
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Building, Home & City Technology (2)
- Displays (24)
- Enterprise & IT (7)
- Healthcare Technology (4)
- Manufacturing Technology (2)
- Media & Advertising (9)
- Mobile & Telecom (30)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (229)
- Power & Energy Technology (11)
- Security Technology (3)
- Semiconductors (180)
- Transformative Technologies (4)
- Access Control & Fire (43)
- Advertising (25)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (31)
- Cinema (8)
- Cloud & Data Center (95)
- Consumer Electronics (317)
- Critical Communications (11)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (24)
- Digital Media (44)
- Digital Signage (10)
- Discrete & Process Automation (11)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (64)
- Display Materials & Components (70)
- Electric Motor Systems (3)
- Enterprise IT Security (12)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (138)
- Games (11)
- Healthcare IT (2)
- Industrial IoT, Software & Communications (2)
- Large Displays (107)
- Lighting (17)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (38)
- Managed Services (9)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (36)
- Memory & Storage (161)
- MEMS & Sensors (46)
- Mobile Devices (229)
- Mobile Innovation (34)
- Mobile Networks (100)
- Operators & Services (47)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (35)
- Semiconductor Components (223)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (17)
- Semiconductor Market (94)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (28)
- Small & Medium Displays (137)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (3)
- Smart Cities (1)
- Smart Home & Appliances (76)
- Smart Utilities Infrastructure (29)
- Touch & Interface (37)
- Transformative Technologies (20)
- TV Media & Content (70)
- Video (23)
- Video Surveillance (22)
- Anna Ahrens (1)
- Bing Zhang (1)
- Blake Kozak (1)
- Charles Annis (1)
- Clifford Grossner (1)
- Craig Stice (2)
- Daniel Simmons (1)
- David Green (1)
- David Hsieh (2)
- Diane Myers (1)
- Dinesh Kithany (2)
- Erik Brannon (1)
- Fateha Begum (1)
- Gerrit Schneemann (2)
- Harold Vargas (1)
- Heidi Adams (1)
- Hiroshi Hayase (1)
- Jack Kent (3)
- James Allison (1)
- Jason Hsu (1)
- Jenalea Howell (1)
- Jerry Kang (1)
- Jusy Hong (5)
- Ken Park (1)
- Kevin Anderson (1)
- Luca De Ambroggi (1)
- Manuel Tagliavini (1)
- Merrick Kingston (1)
- Michael Yang (1)
- Paul Gagnon (1)
- Paul Gray (1)
- Randy Lawson (5)
- Richard Eden (1)
- Richard Son (1)
- Ricky Park (1)
- Sam Lucero (1)
- Shane Walker (2)
- Syed Mohsin Ali (1)
- Tim Westcott (1)
- Tom Hackenberg (1)
- Tom Morrod (1)
- Vincent Leung (1)
- Wayne Lam (19)
- William Kidd (3)
- Date Published
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (1)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (2)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (2)
- Consumer Research - Devices, Media & Usage Intelligence Service - Premium (4)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (4)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (163)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (163)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (164)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (164)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (163)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Power Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (163)
Apple drives massive growth in shipments of $401-to-$600 smartphones with wireless charging-capability in Q4April 01, 2020Shipments of wireless-charging-enabled smartphones in the $401-to-$600 price range grew by 365 percent in the fourth quarter of 2019 as Apple’s price cut for the iPhone XR dramatically expanded the market.
Triple-camera models take the lead in the smartphone market in the fourth quarterMarch 16, 2020Triple-camera smartphones became the most popular type of model on the market in the fourth quarter, exceeding dual-camera devices for the first time as Android and Chinese OEMs moved aggressively to offer more products with multiple cameras.
Introducing Omdia: Informa Tech launches new research powerhouse following acquisition of the majority of IHS Markit’s technology, media and telecommunications research business to connect the dots for customers across the tech industryOmdia will replace all existing brands within Informa Tech’s research businesses, including Ovum, Heavy Reading and Tractica.February 05, 2020Informa Tech today announces the forthcoming launch of a new technology research powerhouse, Omdia, on Feb. 20, 2020.
IHS Markit | Technology Announces Innovation Award Winners at ShowStoppers @ CES 2020 in Las VegasJanuary 16, 2020IHS Markit | Technology, now a part of Informa Tech, today announced the winners of the IHS Markit Innovation Awards. Presented at the ShowStoppers® @ CES press event on Tuesday, January 7, 2020 in Las Vegas, the awards showcased the most innovative technology products submitted by event exhibitors.
Ovum and IHS Markit | Technology analyst teams available for media commentary on the Made by Google eventOctober 10, 2019To assist journalists covering the manifold storylines emerging at Made by Google, IHS Markit | Technology along with Ovum—now both a part of Informa Tech—are making their analyst teams available for media commentary.
Wireless power market poised for growth as focus increases across more application sectors, including automotiveSeptember 18, 2019Global shipments of wireless power receivers (Rx) and transmitters (Tx) are set to more than triple from 2018 to 2023 as the market focus expands beyond smart phones to other applications.
More than half of owners now using their smartphones to access video servicesSeptember 10, 2019The smartphone has taken a major step in its evolution from a voice-centric device to a media-centric platform, with more than 50 percent of owners now using their device to access video services on a monthly basis.
Early adopters lead in ownership of VR headsets, smartwatches and smart speakersAugust 27, 2019Early adopters in various economies are dominating demand for leading-edge electronics devices, with these elite consumers owning 61 percent of all virtual reality (VR) headsets, 49 percent of all smartwatches and 43 percent of all smart speakers, according to a multinational survey conducted by IHS Markit.
IHS Markit to Judge Innovation Awards at ShowStoppers at CES 2019December 17, 2018IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, will again host and judge the Innovation Awards at ShowStoppers at the media reception at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada.
IHS Markit Analyst Availability: Electronica, München, GermanyOctober 22, 2018For journalists who follow the latest news and trends in consumer electronics, IHS Markit analysts will be available for commentary ahead of and onsite at IFA 2018 in Berlin, Germany, from August 31 to September 5, 2018.
iPhone Xs Max Costs Apple $20 More in Materials Than Last Year’s Smaller iPhone X, IHS Markit Teardown RevealsSeptember 26, 2018While most of the components have been upgraded, the physical smartphone design remains relatively unchanged from the previous iPhone X version
IHS Markit Analyst Availability for Media Requests: IFA 2018August 15, 2018For journalists who follow the latest news and trends in consumer electronics, IHS Markit analysts will be available for commentary ahead of and onsite at IFA 2018 in Berlin, Germany, from August 31 to September 5, 2018.
iPhone X Led Global Smartphone Unit Shipments in Q1 2018, IHS Markit SaysJune 06, 2018As global smartphone shipments reached 345.5 million units in the first quarter of 2018, Apple iPhone X was the leading model, with 12.7 million units shipped.
Galaxy S9+ Materials Cost $43 More Than Previous Versions, IHS Markit Teardown ShowsMarch 22, 2018The new Samsung Galaxy S9+ equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory (model number SM-G965U1) carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost of $375.80, much higher than for previous versions of the company’s smartphones.
Half a Billion Smartphones and Other Devices with Wireless Power Technology Shipped in 2017, IHS Markit SaysFebruary 13, 2018Led by mobile phones, small appliances and wearables, shipments of consumer electronics devices enabled with wireless charging rose 40 percent in 2017, compared to the previous year.
IHS Markit to Judge Innovation Awards at ShowStoppers @ MWC 2018February 06, 2018IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, will again host and judge the Innovation Awards at ShowStoppers® @ MWC, the media reception during Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain.
LEDs Took Half a Billion Tons of Carbon Dioxide From the Sky in 2017, IHS Markit SaysDecember 21, 2017The use of LEDs to illuminate buildings and outdoor spaces reduced the total carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions of lighting by an estimated 570 million tons in 2017.
Public LPWA Connections to Grow at a 206 Percent CAGR to 2021, IHS Markit SaysDecember 18, 2017Globally, public low power wide area (LPWA) connections are anticipated to reach over 1 billion by 2021, according to a new report by business information provider IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
IHS Markit Analyst Availability for Media Requests: Consumer Electronics Show/CES 2018December 11, 2017For journalists who follow the latest news and trends in consumer electronics and automotive, IHS Markit analysts will be available for commentary ahead of and onsite at CES 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada, from January 9–12, 2018.
Gen 10 and Larger Flat Panel Display Capacity to Grow at 59 Percent CAGR to 2022, IHS Markit SaysDecember 05, 2017With BOE, China Star, LG Display and Foxconn expected to build seven new Generation 10.5 factories by 2020, Gen 10 and larger fab flat panel display (FPD) capacity is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 59 percent between 2017 and 2022, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.