Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Press Releases Research by Market - Displays
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Building, Home & City Technology (10)
- Displays (271)
- Enterprise & IT (261)
- Healthcare Technology (36)
- Manufacturing Technology (41)
- Media & Advertising (122)
- Mobile & Telecom (146)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (415)
- Power & Energy Technology (60)
- Security Technology (93)
- Semiconductors (473)
- Transformative Technologies (22)
- Access Control & Fire (1)
- Advertising (2)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (1)
- Cinema (1)
- Cloud & Data Center (2)
- Consumer Electronics (27)
- Critical Communications (1)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (2)
- Digital Media (1)
- Digital Signage (3)
- Discrete & Process Automation (1)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (66)
- Display Materials & Components (70)
- Electric Motor Systems (1)
- Enterprise IT Security (2)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (3)
- Games (4)
- Healthcare IT (2)
- Industrial IoT, Software & Communications (1)
- Large Displays (109)
- Lighting (4)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (2)
- Managed Services (2)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (5)
- Memory & Storage (12)
- MEMS & Sensors (12)
- Mobile Devices (26)
- Mobile Innovation (1)
- Mobile Networks (7)
- Operators & Services (2)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (10)
- Semiconductor Components (18)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (4)
- Semiconductor Market (4)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (2)
- Small & Medium Displays (140)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (1)
- Smart Cities (1)
- Smart Home & Appliances (14)
- Smart Utilities Infrastructure (2)
- Touch & Interface (38)
- Transformative Technologies (2)
- TV Media & Content (1)
- Video (1)
- Video Surveillance (1)
- Alex Kang (6)
- Brian Huh (2)
- Calvin Hsieh (6)
- Charles Annis (12)
- Chase Li (2)
- Clifford Grossner (1)
- David Hsieh (13)
- Deborah Yang (10)
- Gerrit Schneemann (1)
- Hiroshi Hayase (14)
- Hisakazu Torii (3)
- Irene Heo (2)
- Jason Hsu (4)
- Jeff Lin (1)
- Jerry Kang (16)
- Jimmy Kim, Ph.D. (4)
- Julie-Anne Badier (1)
- Jusy Hong (3)
- Ken Park (1)
- Kimi Lin (1)
- Laura Aguilera (1)
- Len Jelinek (1)
- Linda Lin (4)
- Nick Jiang (1)
- Paul Bremner (1)
- Paul Gagnon (8)
- Paul Gray (4)
- Peter Su (3)
- Randy Lawson (1)
- Richard Son (4)
- Ricky Park (23)
- Robin Wu (6)
- Sanju Khatri (4)
- Shane Walker (1)
- Stacy Wu (1)
- Tadashi Uno (3)
- Tom Morrod (1)
- Vincent Leung (1)
- Wayne Lam (5)
- Yoonsung Chung (7)
- Date Published
- AMOLED & Flexible Display Intelligence Service (1)
- AMOLED and LCD Supply Demand & Equipment Intelligence Service (2)
- Automotive Display Intelligence Service (1)
- COVID-19 (3)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service (1)
- Digital Signage & Professional Displays Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service (1)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (6)
- Lighting Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (6)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Display Intelligence Service (3)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (6)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (6)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (6)
- Tablet and Notebook Display & OEM Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (6)
Fingerprint-on-display market takes off in 2019, with shipments rising nearly eightfoldMay 13, 2020Global shipments of fingerprint-on-display (FoD) sensors expanded by nearly a factor of eight in 2019 as these devices increasingly replace conventional silicon-based capacitive chips in smartphones.
Large-area FPD panel availability set to tighten significantly in 2021May 11, 2020From 2013 through 2020 worldwide flat panel display (FPD) capacity grew almost 50 percent, expanding to 335 million square meters per year, up from 225 million. The continuous build-out of new factories in China, including multiple enormous Gen 10.5 lines, drove the FPD industry to an unusually high average capacity glut of 13.6 percent in 2019.
Foldable AMOLED display panel shipments set to surge by factor of five in 2020April 28, 2020Worldwide foldable AMOLED display shipments will rise to 3.9 million units in 2020, up from 700,000 in 2019, according to the Omdia Foldable Display Technology & Market – 2020 report. Shipments will continue to rise at a fast pace over the next five years, reaching 73.1 million in 2025.
Flat panel display market set for unprecedented 11.1 percent decline in 2020April 09, 2020FPD shipments are set to total 3.2 billion units in 2020, down from 3.6 billion in 2019. The market has been undergoing low-single-digit increases and decreases since the financial crisis in the second half of 2008 caused shipments to drop by 8.8 percent in 2009.
AMOLED smartphone panel market defies the coronavirus crisis, with 9 percent shipment growth expected in 2020April 08, 2020Despite a projected double-digit decline in smartphone shipments due to the coronavirus pandemic, the global market for active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) smartphone displays is expected to rise by 9 percent in 2020.
Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points as coronavirus crisis goes globalMarch 31, 2020Omdia has slashed its 2020 global television shipment outlook by nearly 10 percentage points, with the market now expected to undergo a sharp downturn due to coronavirus mitigation measures initiated by governments worldwide.
Global LCD-TV panel unit shipments set to drop by 10 percent in 2020, as area shipments decline by 3 percentMarch 24, 2020In a historic first, the worldwide market for LCD-TV display panels is set to decline both in terms of unit and area shipments in 2019, as major suppliers cut production.
LED video display market revenue soars by 34.7 percent in 2019 as demand rises for fine pixel pitch productsMarch 20, 2020The worldwide LED video display market achieved spectacular growth in 2019, with revenue rising by 34.7 percent as demand surged for fine pixel pitch (FPP) products.
Coronavirus may force TV makers to cut panel demand in Q2March 19, 2020Television makers that had been planning to significantly boost their display panel purchasing in the second quarter now may be forced to curb their ambitions as concerns rise over a potential coronavirus-driven recession.
Omdia Update: Coronavirus afflicts more electronic supply chains, potentially impacting 5G deploymentFebruary 12, 2020The coronavirus is spreading through global technology supply chains, impacting diverse and interconnected sectors of the electronics industry.
Worldwide LED video display industry revenue hits record $1.6 billion in Q3 2019Leyard, Liantronics and Unilumin lead the global fine pixel pitch LED video displays market in Q3 2019February 07, 2020LED video displays represent one of the fastest growing technologies in the digital signage and professional displays industry, with global revenue set to exceed $7.6 billion by 2023, according to Omdia.
Introducing Omdia: Informa Tech launches new research powerhouse following acquisition of the majority of IHS Markit’s technology, media and telecommunications research business to connect the dots for customers across the tech industryOmdia will replace all existing brands within Informa Tech’s research businesses, including Ovum, Heavy Reading and Tractica.February 05, 2020Informa Tech today announces the forthcoming launch of a new technology research powerhouse, Omdia, on Feb. 20, 2020.
Coronavirus disrupts display panel production in China, spurring supply shortfalls and rising pricesJanuary 31, 2020The escalating coronavirus crisis is impacting production at display panel factories located in the semi-quarantined city of Wuhan, China, spurring a significant near-term reduction in the global supply of panels.
IHS Markit | Technology Announces Innovation Award Winners at ShowStoppers @ CES 2020 in Las VegasJanuary 16, 2020IHS Markit | Technology, now a part of Informa Tech, today announced the winners of the IHS Markit Innovation Awards. Presented at the ShowStoppers® @ CES press event on Tuesday, January 7, 2020 in Las Vegas, the awards showcased the most innovative technology products submitted by event exhibitors.
Smart watch display shipments total 57 million in Q3, on track to total nearly 200 million by year endJanuary 06, 2020After a year of sustained strong growth in 2018, shipments of smart watch displays have continued to rise in 2019, reaching 57 million units in the third quarter, according to IHS Markit | Technology, now part of Informa Tech.
Portable monitor shipments rise 46 percent in 2019 as users embrace productivity boost delivered by mobile displaysJanuary 02, 2020Portable monitor shipments will total 262,000 unit this year, up from 179,000 in 2018, according to IHS Markit | Technology, now a part of Informa Tech.
Flat panel display area demand comes roaring back to robust growth, with a 9.1 percent expansion expected in 2020December 19, 2019Following weak sales growth in 2019, global demand for flat panel displays is expected to increase by a robust 9.1 percent to reach 245 million square meters in 2020, up from 224 million in 2019.
LCD TV panel shipments forecasted to decrease by record 7 percent in 2020 to total 265 millionDecember 18, 2019For the first time since 2011, worldwide LCD TV panel shipments are expected to decline in 2020, falling by 7 percent to total 265 million.
Despite ever-increasing foreign competition, Japanese flat panel display equipment makers retain global leadershipDecember 10, 2019Japanese suppliers accounted for more than 50 percent of global FPD equipment revenue over the three year period of 2017 through 2019, according to IHS Markit | Technology, now a part of Informa Tech.
Samsung Display seizes smartphone display leadership in Q3 as AMOLED shipments hit record highNovember 25, 2019The South Korean tech giant accounted for 29 percent of smartphone display shipments in the third quarter, a major leap from its 21.3 percent share during the second quarter.