Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Research by Market - Automotive Technology
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Building, Home & City Technology (237)
- Displays (1740)
- Enterprise & IT (743)
- Healthcare Technology (235)
- Manufacturing Technology (301)
- Media & Advertising (5340)
- Mobile & Telecom (5976)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (2254)
- Power & Energy Technology (133)
- Security Technology (299)
- Semiconductors (1250)
- Transformative Technologies (62)
- Access Control & Fire (3)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (4)
- Cloud & Data Center (1)
- Consumer Electronics (5)
- Digital Signage (1)
- Discrete & Process Automation (4)
- Display Materials & Components (3)
- Electric Motor Systems (1)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (3)
- Large Displays (1)
- Lighting (1)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (7)
- Managed Services (3)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (1)
- Memory & Storage (4)
- MEMS & Sensors (8)
- Mobile Devices (11)
- Mobile Innovation (1936)
- Mobile Networks (1)
- Operators & Services (1931)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (6)
- Semiconductor Components (42)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (4)
- Semiconductor Market (8)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (3)
- Small & Medium Displays (4)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (1)
- Smart Home & Appliances (4)
- Smart Utilities Infrastructure (1)
- Transformative Technologies (2)
- Date Published
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (2)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Devices Intelligence Service (1)
- IoT Platforms Intelligence Service (4)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (1)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (2)
- MEMS & Sensors Intelligence Service (3)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Location Intelligence - Analysis Only (1928)
- Mobile Location Intelligence Service (formerly Portable & LBS) (1931)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- OEM Semiconductor Spending & Design Activity Intelligence Service (1)
- Outsourced Manufacturing Intelligence Service (1)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (3)
- Processors Intelligence Service (4)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Supply Chain Inventory Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Power Intelligence Service (3)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (2)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (2)
Global semiconductor revenue dips as the chip industry wrestles with myriad challengesJuly 31, 2019Battling economic headwinds and debilitated markets, the semiconductor industry saw revenue worldwide decline by the double digits percentage-wise in the first quarter of 2019, with the outlook for the rest of the year looking equally discouraging.
At CERAWeek 2019, technology and energy continue to coalesce in force and presenceApril 04, 2019The interrelation of energy and technology is not new. However, CERAWeek seems primed to be at the nexus of these two disciplines in the future. I expect the increased presence of technology companies at future conferences, an even larger Agora, and a sharpened focus on transformational technologies like cloud services, IoT, AI, and robotics. This is true especially as cloud giants look to more fully penetrate markets beyond consumer and enterprise.
2019 Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona - Cellular IoT industry facing many opportunities and challengesMarch 10, 2019At MWC Barcelona in late February, in addition to the highly covered 5G standard, the NB-IoT and the Cellular Vehicle-to-Vehicle (C-V2X) standards also demonstrated significant progress in the cellular IoT space. This article includes news summary at MWC and IHS Markit analysis that are related to the NB-IoT and the C-V2X technologies.
Survey: Benefits and challenges of transformative technologies in automotive manufacturingFebruary 19, 201922 percent of automotive manufacturers surveyed by IHS Markit had already adopted some transformative technologies in their companies; 31 percent indicated transformative technologies are already used widely in their factories.
Connected car platforms increasingly supporting telematics services in light vehiclesFebruary 06, 2019Most automakers today have either kept their telematics service management in-house, or integrated it into their organization at a corporate level. However, the connected car market is changing rapidly, which is presenting exciting new opportunities for merchant-market connected-car platform vendors – enabling beneficial new service possibilities for drivers and passengers, alike.
IoT Vertical Case Study: Chordant - Data exchange is a key enabler for smart cities development - 2019February 04, 2019In this case study, we analyze how the Chordant Internet of Things (IoT) platform functions.Subscribers Only
The importance of embedded security grows in connected microcontrollersJanuary 18, 2019The year of 2018 has been one of the worst to date in terms of both number of security breaches and the number of records that have been exposed.
IoT Vertical Case Study: Waze - Beyond navigationDecember 10, 2018The role of Waze in the Internet of Things (IoT)Subscribers Only
Qualcomm calls off bid to acquire NXP Semiconductors: a setback…for nowJuly 31, 2018American chip manufacturer Qualcomm abandoned its $44 billion bid to acquire Dutch firm NXP Semiconductors. The attempted merger failed when no official ruling was handed down by regulators in China, where both firms do substantial business.
IoT Vertical Case Study: Otonomo: Automotive Data Services PlatformJune 06, 2018Otonomo provides the first neutral automotive data services platform which opens up opportunities for new apps and services that benefits drivers, passengers, municipalities, and companies, particularly in the global transportation ecosystem.Subscribers Only
Automotive power semiconductors growth acceleratingMay 29, 2018The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) in revenue and unit shipments of power semiconductors -- including power discretes, power modules and power integrated circuits (ICs) – is forecast to grow 7 percent from 2017 to 2023. This growth rate is more than three times the expected build rate for light vehicles, which is expected to grow an average of just 2 percent annually, during the same period.
Sensor market grows with functional safety and electrificationDecember 12, 2017The automotive magnetic sensor market enjoyed a strong recovery in 2016 and into 2017. Gone were the currency dips and uncertainties of 2015, replaced by stronger demand for sensors.
Qualcomm acquisition of NXP combines traditional automotive force with “new frontier” powerOctober 27, 2016The merger would represent the union of the traditional automotive world with the “new frontier," driven by connectivity and needs for high processing power. NXP’s strength (also through acquisition of FSL) is the reliability and quality standards required in automotive. On the other hand Qualcomm brings its expertise in the connectivity and artificial intelligence applications.
Mercedes takes wireless charging up a gearMay 19, 2016• Mercedes-Benz announces wireless charging enabled vehicle • IHS market prediction attested
Acquisition of Broadcom’s IoT business adds much needed WiFi capability to Cypress SemiconductorMay 09, 2016Cypress Semiconductor announced that it will acquire Broadcom’s wireless Internet of Things (IoT) business in a $550 million transaction. The deal was announced on Thursday, April 28.Subscribers Only
CES 2016: Connected Car 2.0January 19, 2016Now that most vehicles have some degree of connectivity (either built-in or brought-in) automakers are now looking to advance the connectivity of their devices with other IoT verticals, such as smart home or smart cities.
CES 2016: Curved AMOLED displays coming to cars in 2018January 19, 2016Just last year, most experts in this space were still skeptical that automotive-grade AMOLEDs could hit the market by 2018, but several suppliers and a couple of OEMs have mentioned this will happen in production by 2018, probably for MY2019 vehicles.
CES 2016: Does your state support innovation?January 19, 2016The Consumer Technology Association (CTA), continues to advance its agenda to support growth and development in the technology sector. To this end, a billboard positioned in one of the main lobbies was eye catching. It announced the creation of a “State Innovation Scorecard.”
CES 2016: Qualcomm jumps from smartphone wireless charging to Wireless Electric Vehicle Charging (WEVC)January 19, 2016Qualcomm generated excitement in the electric vehicle segment with its new Halo Wireless Electric Vehicle Charging (WEVC) technology. Qualcomm has played a key role in the standards and technologies related to wireless charging for mobile products such as smartphones.
CES 2016: The steady trend to larger displays in carsJanuary 19, 2016Smart connection and live road detection are really helpful in demonstrating potential improvements in display demand and may even change display designs in the future.