This report examines the challenge and practice of building a modern Cloud DVR. The discussion centers around: what a Cloud DVR must be capable of accomplishing; the bottlenecks that these requirements present; solutions, architectures, and approaches that mitigate bottlenecks; the vendors who are in a position to furnish customer-ready solutions.
- What defines a modern, highly capable Cloud DVR?
- Does copy structure materially complicate implementation and deployment?
- How should operators and media companies balance cost against performance?
- Which architectures and approaches best address different needs and scenarios?
- Can Cloud DVR be used to generate incremental revenue streams?
- How is the competitive and solution landscape evolving?
- Which vendors are best-positioned to furnish what the market requires?
Associate Director, Research & Analysis, Digital Media & Video Technology
Mr. Merrick Kingston is an associate director at IHS Markit, and engages in a broad spectrum of digital media and video technology research.