IHS Markit | Technology, now a part of Informa Tech, today announced the winners of the IHS Markit Innovation Awards. Presented at the ShowStoppers® @ IFA press event on Thursday, September 5, 2019 in Berlin, the awards showcased the most innovative technology products submitted by event exhibitors.
“This was our third year hosting and judging the Innovation Awards at ShowStoppers @ IFA, and we are pleased to congratulate all the technology groundbreakers who participated in the event,” said Lisa Arrowsmith, executive director and head of consumer technology solutions at IHS Markit | Technology. “As in the past, we saw some extraordinary entries on display in Berlin. It’s always difficult to choose the victors in each category, but the winners truly demonstrated extraordinary vision and creativity.”
The winners, by category, of the 2019 IHS Markit Innovation Awards at ShowStoppers @ IFA are:
- Fitness, wearables and health devices: Withings, for Move ECG
- Runner Up: GN Hearing A/S, for ReSound LiNX Quattro™ ITE
- Mobile accessories: Fashiontekk AB, for Wilma Eco Cases
- Mobile computing: Acronis International GmbH, for Acronis True Image 2020
- Runner Up: Afilias Technologies, for DeviceAssure
- Personal entertainment: Audiogum, for Intelligent Personalization and Bespoke Voice Driven Playlisting
- Smart home and appliances: Snips, for Snips for Home Appliances
- Runner Up: Vayyar, for Walabot HOME
The following products earned honorable mentions: Catalyst, for the Catalyst Waterproof case for iPad; Libratone, for TRACK Air+; PopSockets, for PopSockets PopWallet+; and Safera Oy, for Safera Sense.
The following technology industry research analysts at IHS Markit | Technology judged the awards at ShowStoppers @ IFA 2019:
- Anna Ahrens, Senior Analyst, Smartphone and Mobile
- Liliana Alvarez, Senior Analyst, Smart Home and Appliances
- Paul Gray, Research and Analysis Director, TV, Consumer Electronics and Devices
- Dinesh Kithany, Lead Industry Analyst, Wireless Power & Power Supply
- Blake Kozak, Principal Analyst, Smart Home and Security Technology
- Ken Park, Research and Analysis Director, TV, Consumer Electronics and Devices
- Gerrit Schneemann, Senior Analyst, Smartphones
In addition, journalist judge Jaime Rivera, with Pocketnow, participated in the judging.
Upcoming ShowStoppers Event
The next ShowStoppers press event is ShowStoppers @ CES on January 7, 2020, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Companies exhibiting at ShowStoppers @ CES can submit up to three candidate products, technologies or services for the IHS Markit Innovation Awards. IHS Markit and ShowStoppers have agreed to an embargo on any announcements that should not be made public prior to the awards. For more information, visit http://awards.showstoppers.com/.
About IHS Markit | Technology (https://technology.informa.com)
IHS Markit | Technology is now a part of Informa Tech, offering hundreds of additional subject matter experts and unique insights across the entire technology landscape. From silicon to subscribers, from emerging technologies to enterprise IT and beyond – IHS Markit | Technology is a trusted advisor and market research provider to businesses and governments. Leaders from some of the world’s largest industries rely on IHS Markit | Technology because of our proven ability to calibrate to the demand of their marketplaces and scale our thinking across virtually any operation or enterprise, from ground-level tactics to high-level strategy.
Now in its 24th year, ShowStoppers is the global leader in producing press and business events spanning the US, Europe and Asia. Each event organizes product introductions, sneak previews and demonstrations for selected journalists, bloggers, industry and financial analysts, venture capitalists and business executives. Industry leaders, innovators and startups exhibit to generate news coverage and product reviews, make new connections, promote brand and open new markets. ShowStoppers produces events at CES, Mobile World Congress and Mobile World Congress Americas, among others; the official press events at CE Week, IFA, and NAB; and partners with CES and CE Week.