The TV & Video Industry Developments Impact Brief provides regular, reactive analysis of the key events shaping the global pay TV and online video markets. This includes service launches and closures, product innovations, changes in pricing and packaging, geographic expansions, and mergers and acquisitions.
Analysis is accompanied by relevant data updates, where a development has prompted a change in our core datasets – such changes are highlighted, with the implications and variance clearly quantified.
These reports are republished periodically over the course of each month, as and when new insights are produced in response to TV & video industry developments.
- Indian content producer Eros and US independent studio STX Entertainment merge
- Amazon extends its transactional online video store to five new markets
- Netflix records highest quarterly net additions amid COVID-19 crisis
- Astro signs deal with Allo to offer TV and high-speed broadband bundle
- Disney+ OTT streaming video service launches in Japan during June 2020
- Fandango acquires USA transactional retailer, Vudu
- USA: Cord-Cutting accelerates due to COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19’s impact on live TV viewing time in East Asia and Oceania
- Linear and non-linear TV viewing times plummet in France as lockdown ends
Associate Director – Research and Analysis, Service Providers & Platforms
Mr. David Scott, associate director of research and analysis at IHS Markit, specializes in the media markets of the Asia-Pacific region.