The TV & Video Industry Developments Impact Brief provides regular, reactive analysis of the key events shaping the global pay TV and online video markets. This includes service launches and closures, product innovations, changes in pricing and packaging, geographic expansions, and mergers and acquisitions.
Analysis is accompanied by relevant data updates, where a development has prompted a change in our core datasets – such changes are highlighted, with the implications and variance clearly quantified.
These reports are republished periodically over the course of each month, as and when new insights are produced in response to TV & video industry developments.
- AT&T TV Goes Live
- Telecom and Media operators offer free services in Italy
- Viacom18 launches Voot Select into crowded Indian online video market
- Netflix launches mobile-only plan in Philippines and Thailand
- NBCUniversal straight-to-digital transactional video; breaks theatrical window
- 3BB’s 3.1 million subscribers to enjoy HBO GO in Thailand Domestic losses undermine International success for Canal+ in 2019
- Disney+ inks distribution deals across Western Europe as it prepares to expand
- Netflix signs deal with Studio Ghibli to compete against Disney+
- UK streaming joint venture BritBox to launch in Australia during 2020
Associate Director – Research and Analysis, Service Providers & Platforms
Mr. David Scott, associate director of research and analysis at IHS Markit, specializes in the media markets of the Asia-Pacific region.