As 5G networks move from hype to reality, this report analyses the potential impacts for the Media and Entertainment industry. Including overall 5G subscriber and device forecasts and analysis across Video, Music, Social, Games, AR and VR.
- Why 5G needs media and entertainment more than media needs 5G?
- What does the overall 5G market look like?
- How can operators take advantage of 5G media and entertainment?
- What is the outlook for games, music, video, social, VR and AR
In this report:
- 5G outlook
- Operator opportunities in 5G and media
- Games market outlook
- VR and AR
List of tables and charts:
- Share of global mobile subscriptions by network generation (%)
- 5G upgrade drivers (%)
- 5G launches
- Global digital entertainment and advertising revenue
- Global cloud gaming market forecast
- Historical and forecast adoption rates for 3G-5G handsets/smartphones
- Media and Entertainment: 5G Use Case Matrix
Number of pages: 11
Number of tables and charts: 7
Director, Media and Advertising
Jack Kent leads IHS Markit’s Media and Advertising research, heading up a team of analysts covering Games, Cinema, TV Channels & Programming, Home Entertainment and Advertising research.