The 2019 Cross-Platform Television Viewing Time Report examines trends in the time spent watching television and video content across multiple platforms, including the impact of newer technologies on traditional broadcast TV. The report focusses on the United States and the top six markets in Europe – UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the Netherlands. Topics covered include:
- The Impact of increased connectivity on traditional viewing methods, as viewers shift to consumption on an on-demand basis, via an array of devices both in and out of home
- The decline in linear consumption and its level of prominence across each market
- Non-linear platform trends and market developments shaping the TV and video landscape
- Examination of social media viewing and areas of growth on each platform
- Insight into connected device preferences and its impact on Television consumption
Analyst, Television Media, Service Providers & Platforms
Mr. Moyser is an analyst with Service Providers & Platforms team at IHS Markit.
Associate Director, Connected Devices & Media Consumption
Fateha Begum is an associate director of the Service Providers & Platforms team at IHS Markit, and heads research in the area of connected devices and media consumption trends.