The 2019 Asia Pacific Pay TV & Online Video Report provides in-depth insight into the pay TV and online subscription video markets of the Asia Pacific region. It includes comprehensive market-sizing data and detailed analysis of the key trends shaping the industry, including growth drivers and inhibitors, evolving business models, and content strategies. The landscape of individual markets is also assessed via country profiles.
Topics covered include:
- An in-depth analysis of the opportunities and challenges facing pay TV operators and online video providers in the Asia Pacific
- The sheer size of China’s video subscription market and its impact relative to other pay TV and OTT operators in the region
- Content strategies relating to major sports and the use of illicit streaming devices (ISDs) in the region
- Examination of the large disparities across the video subscription markets of the Asia Pacific territories
- Subscription video market dynamics, including country-by-country analysis of the change in TV & video subscriptions and revenues.
Associate Director – Research and Analysis, Service Providers & Platforms
Mr. David Scott, associate director of research and analysis at IHS Markit, specializes in the media markets of the Asia-Pacific region.
Senior Research Analyst, Online Video
Jun Wen Woo is a senior research analyst for Online Video at Omdia.