Monitor the status of fab management and panel maker production, shipments and inventories (PSI).
The Display Production & Inventory Tracker provides detailed updates on the status of fab management and panel maker production, shipments and inventories. It includes a monthly forecast for all panel makers for the next three months. In addition, the tracker examines indicators of future price and supply/demand forecasts, including whether panel makers’ supply capacity continues to exceed panel demand as well as panel makers' fab management, production and inventory strategies.
The tracker consists of three main sections. The fab management and production section provides data on monthly design capacity, glass input, and utilization rate by LCD fab. The shipment data section lists the monthly shipments of each LCD panel maker by application, size and resolution. The inventory section provides the status of TV and IT panel inventories for each maker every month.
The tracker contains critical intelligence for TV, monitor, notebook and tablet PC manufacturers; LCD panel and component suppliers; manufacturers of competitive technologies; and the investment community.
Key issues addressed:
- What is the production plan of each panel maker?
- What is the utilization and inventory management strategy of each panel maker?
- How many panels is each panel maker shipping? What is their shipment plan for the next three months?
- What is the current inventory level and forecast for panel markers? Are they at risk of excessively piling up inventory or running very low compared to the stable inventory level?
- How will the market be changed by inventory trends in the near future?
Principal Analyst, Display Outlook
Alex Kang is responsible for large-area TFT-LCD panel market research at IHS, including manufacturing fab and supply chain management. He is one of the key contacts for the LCD research.