Twitch sits at the intersection of three of Amazon’s major strategic initiatives: video, advertising and video games. Its scale as a live online video platform has few peers in the Western World and its influence can be felt on the product strategies of other web giants like YouTube and Facebook.
This report looks at Twitch's position within Amazon's portfolio of services and how it stacks up in the broader competative environment.
- Business model analysis: In-depth assessment of Twitch's diverse business models and how it combines advertising with direct consumer payments.
- Content anaysis: How Twitch leverages this hybrid business model to create a uniquely effective virtious circle to attract both users and creators and that has influenced product strategies from other internet giants.
- Ecosystem assessment: How Twitch ties into Amazon's broader objectives in advertising, online video and games, making it a key component of the internet giant's expansion in these areas.
- Expansion and future prospects: Twitch's expansion beyond gaming videos into other forms of content, what this means for the future prospects of the service, and how it relates to other live video services from Google/YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
List of tables and charts:
- Amazon: Global advertising revenue
- Worldwide: Consumer revenue/spend on in-home entertainment
- Twitch: Average concurrent viewers
- Twitch: Unique streamers per month
- Twitch: Worldwide minutes watched per year
Number of Pages: 9
Number of Tables and Charts: 5