IHS Markit estimates the world market for audio and video door phone was worth $2.8 billion in 2018.
Building on the 2016 edition, this new research analyzes the latest changes in the audio and video door phones segment. It explores how commercial market adoption rates, smart home and growing consumer awareness, increased adoption of IP door phones, and the use of video analytics will shape the growth of emerging and developed markets. This edition also includes more detailed discussion on China’s and Southeast Asia’s door phone markets.
Vendors of audio/video door phones and video doorbells will find answers to key questions, including:
- What is the size of the global market for audio and video door phones?
- Which technologies and regional markets will grow the fastest over the next five years?
- How will the market be affected by the following:
- The shift from audio door phones to video door phones
- Building and home automation
- Image quality
- Video analytics
- Who are the largest manufacturers in the market by region?
- What is the competitive environment between major vendors and by geography?
- Frequency, time period: Five-year annual forecast, base year and market shares
- Measures: Revenues ($US millions), video door phone shipments, average selling prices, market share estimates
- Geographic regions: World, Americas, EMEA, Asia
- Country deep dives: US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, China
- Products coverage: Audio door phones, video door phones
- Video door phones: System type (analog versus IP); product type (indoor units, outdoor units, accessories, villa kits, video doorbells); screen size (3.5’’, 4’’, 5.6’’, 7’’)
- End users: Commercial, education, government, healthcare, prison service, residential
- Market shares: World, Americas, EMEA, Asia
Senior Analyst, Video Surveillance
Oliver Philippou is an analyst in the security group based in the UK. He is responsible for authoring many of its research reports, such as Mobile Video Surveillance (2011)...