The report provides intelligence, analysis, and data on the opportunities, challenges, and strategies for telecoms operators to capture revenues in the smart city market. Starting from their core strengths such as the introduction of technologies optimized for massive IoT uses case (NB-IoT and LTE-M in particular), operators are attempting to play a larger role in the smart city market. This report presents trends and dynamics that are emerging from the increasing presence and focus of telecoms operators in the growing smart city market
Highlights from the report include:
- Operators’ strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats in this market.
- Competition in the smart city market.
- Operators’ innovative strategies and different approaches to the market.
- Leading operators profiles.
- Selected operators case studies.
- Opportunities and challenges in the six main verticals of smart cities (energy, mobility, infrastructure, security, healthcare, and governance).
- Monetization and business models used by operators.
- Tables in this report include NB-IoT and LTE-M deployment in 2017 and significant M&A deals in the IoT and smart city space.