Singles’ Day (11th November ) an annual festival in China to celebrate being single. Its popularity has grown with commerce giant Alibaba using it as a promotion vehicle to drive online and mobile shopping. Alibaba broke its one-day online sales record with more than $25 billion in 2017. This report explores the latest figures from 11.11 Shopping Festival 2017 and Alibaba’s O2O (online to offline integration of e-commerce and physical retail) expansion strategies.
What is SIngles' Day?
Alibaba’s O2O (online to offline integration of e-commerce and physical retail) expansion strategies
In this report:
- Alibaba broke 11.11 Shopping Festival records for the ninth year
- Alibaba leverages AR to bring customers from online to offline
- Cost is rising for 11.11 sales
- Facing growing 11.11 competition Alibaba diversifies its role by acquiring new businesses across different industries
List of Tables and Charts:
- Alibaba: Singles' Day total sales value 2009-2017 ($bn)
- Alibaba: Singles' Day total sales value in 2016 and 2017 ($bn)
Number of Pages: 5
Number of Tables and Charts: 2