Public safety technologies are critical for mitigating the costs of crimes and natural disasters, as well as for addressing violence and urbanization. Our third public safety market report goes beyond critical communications technology to look at the full range of public safety technologies, including UAVs, UGVs, body-worn cameras, biometrics and more. From prevention to detection and investigation, these technologies will dramatically change how public safety officials manage real-time emergency or crisis situations in the future. The report provides security insights, data and intelligence on advanced mission-critical technologies for public safety agencies and examines those factors likely to hinder or drive growth within this market from 2016 to 2023.
Key issues addressed:
- Which verticals provide the most attractive opportunities and potential threats?
- Which applications within the verticals are suited to adopting the technology?
- What business problems does public safety solve within the verticals?
- Who were the leading public safety suppliers for each vertical?
- What business value and cost saving can be achieved in each vertical?
- Frequency/time period: 8-year annual forecast, base year, value ($ mn)
- Vertical markets:
- Artificial Intelligence (Video Analytics)
- Big Data and Analytics
- Body Worn Cameras
- Broadband LTE
- Command and Control
- Data Storage
- IT and Intelligence Services
- Mobile Radio
- Police Var Video Equipment
- Unmanned Solutions
- Video Surveillance Equipment
- Public safety demographics
- Geographical coverage:
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- North & South Amercia
- Personnel/Vehicles: Emergency Medical, Fire, Law Enforcement
Principal Analyst, Cybersecurity & Digital ID
Don Tait brings over fifteen years of market research experience to his role as principal analyst within the IHS Technology group. He specializes in the areas of smart cards, payment and banking cards, NFC, and contactless credentials.